Healthy and flavorful gluten-free and lactose-free snacks?

Options
Does anyone have good suggestions for snacks? I find that meals are not too difficult for me to arrange gluten-free, but snacks I have a lot of difficulty with.

Replies

• SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fruit! (:
    Other favorites of mine: Nuts, Chex cereal, Carrots, Blue Diamond Nut Thins (I love the pecan kind!), Peanut butter, Rice cakes, & popcorn.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Hummus with either veggies or gluten free crackers are always good. Rice cakes w/ peanut butter. Larabars.
  • fatfishy
    fatfishy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, nakd bars, corn thins, popcorn, raw carrot sticks and nuts are my favourite.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    tuna mixed with hummus and cayenne, spread on a rice cake :)
  • postcall
    postcall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of FAGE greek yogurt the rasberry is my fav. I dont think Greek yogurt has much lactose in it. I am pretty sensitive to lactose.but tolerate it. I sometimes add fat free whipped cream and a few sprinkles. Very light on both of course.
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I replace the gluten foods with quinoa (red variety is my favorite), millet, amaranth, brown rice and only gluten free versions of pasta and oats from time to time.

Some great snacks...

fruit & cheese

salad with cheese, hemp seeds and/or meat source, topped with drizzle of EVOO, vinegars (whatever type is preferred) and/or non MSG soy (instead of salad dressing, to flavor things up)

Plain organic or Greek yogurt (with a drizzle of honey) and fruit

*I do eat a lot of cheese. =)
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Kind bars just came out with GF bars. They are delicious!. You can get them at wegman's or order some from qvc.com