Two Month Stall

Options
I am wondering if anyone else stalled at 2 months. I have been exercising every day and staying within my food guidelines... Went thru the 2nd week stall and did not expect to experience another one so soon. Disappointed.

Replies

• Cagsfa
    Cagsfa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have not personally but I have been told to just keep doing what you are doing and your body will catch up.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh yes! And stalls will continue to pop up along the way. It happens. Just keep pushing through and the scale will begin dropping again!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    My friend, Karen, hit a 2wk? stall; and i was right behind her. I lost barely a pound in two weeks. (It was depressing even though everyone said "it happens, just persevere.") She had been told to drink lots of water and keep protein high. When I followed her directions, the stall broke and almost 4# dropped off in a weekend.

Since then I've made a point to drink 8-10 C liquids (protein shakes count as liquid) almost every day (blew it yesterday). I have protein shakes daily, because that's the only way I know to get enough protein with minimal calories.

People have said water really helps with weight loss, constipation avoidance, and increased energy. That's my current situation - I assume it's the water; but it may just be a coincidence.
  • HorizontallyImpaired
    Options
    Make sure your measuring yourself!
    Your body is rearranging itself and getting ready for that next big loss!

Its natural. I do understand how difficult it can be following the guild lines and not seeing the scale move!
    Hang in there and it will be a thing of the past!

A few things that may help is increasing your calories, up your protein and water intake.

Good Luck! :)
  • HorizontallyImpaired
    Options
    forgot to mention - If you are having issues with water try some Mio in it!
    I can not stand plain water! its lead tasting and heavy feeling. The Mio really helps - I LOVE the fruit punch flavor
  • LeesaHart47
    LeesaHart47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the plato buster diet to jump start your stall?
    I am in a group on FB and they swear by this diet, I am only 6 weeks out I have not had
    a stall yet. Here is the diet they follow and most lose 4 to 6 lbs in a week.

#1 Do for 10 days to break plateau

#2 Drink 2 quarts of water a day

#3 You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamin & mineral supplements each day.

#4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day:

a. beef,

b. pork,
    c. chicken,
    d. turkey,
    e. lamb,
    f. fish,
    g. eggs,
    h. low-fat cheese,
    i. cottage cheese,
    j. plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),
    k. peanut butter,
    l. beans/legumes.

#5 You may also have:

a. sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles),

b. tea or coffee,

c. sugar-free sodas,

d. sugar-free Jello,

e. broths & bouillons,

f. Crystal Lite drinks.

#6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

#7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily