Introduce Yourself =]

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Myma and I am obviously new at this. I am full Filipino. I am trying to stay fit and stay healthy. I am mainly concerned about my legs and I just want them lean and toned. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    First of all you have to clean up your diet and eat foods rich in protein. A 'toned' legs (as well as other body parts) lies in the overall body fat percentage and to do that you need to lower your overall body fat. As much as we like it to happen but unfortunately we cannot spot reduce fat from a specific area. Our bodies can only burn fat but it cannot choose which part needs to go first and so no matter how many leg workouts you do, it will not automatically give you toned legs as long as those muscles are hidden underneath a thick layer of fat. That is simply how our bodies are made.

As far as workouts are concerned, squats, lunges, deadlifts are the top 3 must haves in order to condition the muscles that will make your legs stronger and in turn helps your body burn fat & achieved that 'toned' look. Additionally you cannot look toned without some muscle tone.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hello mga kababayan! I'm Jan Romel a.k.a Janro,, im new here and i want to reach my goal,, hope to meet friends here who has the same goal and motivate me :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    hi! mitzi here. goal is to lose ten to twenty pounds.

Feel free to add me(:
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    hi! mitzi here. goal is to lose ten to twenty pounds.

Feel free to add me(:

I just accept u :P
  • kf5ljp
    kf5ljp Posts: 31
    Options
    Anyone from around Isabela Area? Taga sa Isabela? Looking for mentors
  • kntxx
    kntxx Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Julius. Relatively new here. Feel free to add me. :D
  • Reeyality
    Options
    Mabuhay! My name is Ree and I'm hoping this would work. I joined this way back but did not even use it, so I'm starting now.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hehe I realized I haven't introduced myself here. I'm Jackie, 33, Filipina of Mexican descent and currently lives in Manila. Been here for 2 years now.
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new here as well although I am not new to weight loss and fitness. Way back in 2007, I had my first goutic arthritis attack. At 220lbs and only 5'4 that was a lot of concern for me especially I am allergic to allopurinol medication. For about 1 year I went from 220lbs to about 155lbs because of diet and exercise. Unfortunately I wasn't able to maintain that and now I've come back to where I started. This time, I want things to be more relaxing and fun for me as I lose weight and become healthy. Hope to meet really good friends, mentors, and support group here.

49652304.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tickledpinksoul
    Options
    Hi! Angel here! Feel free to add me :)
  • kaia2012
    kaia2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Kailani. I am restarting this whole weight loss journey for the umpteenth time. I gained 30+lbs when I moved to the USA in 2008 and have only managed to lose 10lbs or so in the last 5 years.

I am hoping to make permanent health changes before 2014 comes. Fell free to add me.
  • HaveShoesWillRun
    Options
    Hello, Butter here... I lost 10 lbs a year ago due to running and occasional diet... Now the pounds I lost are back again! I was in denial until I couldn't fit into my skinny jeans.... i stepped on the weighing scale and there it was, the undeniable proof...:((

So I'm back to my food diary and running 4 days a week. I am determined to run my very first 21k at the Cebu Marathon in January 2013... Am I crazy or what??!

Thus, I NEED FRIENDS!!! To motivate me in my CRAZY journey! I'll be all too happy to be your very own cheerleader too, KAYA NATIN TO!!!