Help, lot of questions not diagnosed yet

Options
camila_scl
camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
So, I have insuline resistance and for about 6 months I've had acne (different that the one that I had during high school and like 4 years after my highschool acne disappeard). My doctor suggest that I had an ecography to check my ovaries in case I might had PCOS, because of the IR and acne. I've been on birth control for about 7 years (sometimes off them) but never had a problem with my periods, actually I stopped taking BC about 4 months ago (for 2 months) and they were normal.

Today I did the ecography and I do have policyst ovaries (it said that I had more than 12 follicules or something like that in both ovaries).

Not yet diagnosed with the syndrome but could be possible because the only thing I don't have is the hirsutism.

This is very new for me, and I feel like it's very related with my weight gain. My aunt said she had policyst ovaries (just that not the other symptoms) and after she lost weight everything was normal, and I'm wondering if I get my weight under control everything could be normal again or is a life long thing. Do you see a gyno? endocrinologist?

thank you girls

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the group. Symptoms of PCOS can be smaller when you loose weight and eat right. You also don't have to have all of the symptoms to have PCOS some women don't have the hirsutism, I'd suggest seeing an Endocrinologist and having some more blood work don't. Most likely since you are IR and have the Polycystic ovary's you have PCOS.

Good luck getting everything under control!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I've been on birth control for about 7 years (sometimes off them) but never had a problem with my periods, actually I stopped taking BC about 4 months ago (for 2 months) and they were normal.

Your periods will be normal when you're on the pill because they're not really periods, they're "withdrawal bleeds". They also tend to be normal for the first month or two after going off the pill. Mine were - then I didn't have one at all for seven months (and that was with the help of medication).
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been on birth control for about 7 years (sometimes off them) but never had a problem with my periods, actually I stopped taking BC about 4 months ago (for 2 months) and they were normal.

Your periods will be normal when you're on the pill because they're not really periods, they're "withdrawal bleeds". They also tend to be normal for the first month or two after going off the pill. Mine were - then I didn't have one at all for seven months (and that was with the help of medication).

Thanks, I don't know then if my periods are normal cause I have been on birth control for a long time and only for short periods I stop taking them.
    Hey, welcome to the group. Symptoms of PCOS can be smaller when you loose weight and eat right. You also don't have to have all of the symptoms to have PCOS some women don't have the hirsutism, I'd suggest seeing an Endocrinologist and having some more blood work don't. Most likely since you are IR and have the Polycystic ovary's you have PCOS.

Good luck getting everything under control!

Thank you!