Week 1 Challenge !!!!!

Options

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,317 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8/24:

First day at the gym, with the elliptical and some machines, so 2/3 workouts done. I logged everything and was below my calorie limit, and had my 8 glasses of water.
    But I did only 60 crunches...

Have a great weekend everybody!
  • ajrich1
    ajrich1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No exercise first two days of challenge getting over being sick,
    8/22, 8/23 water comsumption colmplete, logged all my food
  • momofrugrats
    momofrugrats Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Logged all food and was under daily limit

Did 100 crunches

Drank 64oz of water

No exercise today
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Checking in for 8/23 and 8/24!

Friday and Saturday I went out to lunch so calories were a little higher than usual. Friday morning I ran 3.25 miles. I usually go to Zumba Saturday mornings but my usual instructor is on vacation, so I went to the gym in the afternoon and spent some time on the elliptical and lifted weights.

I didn't do crunches yesterday because I was sore but I did them again today. Ouch!

Keeping with water which I think is really doing me some good. I am drinking 64 oz. on top of what I drink when I workout.

Till next time...
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Today was just an ok day. I didn't get any exercise. I wanted to, but my legs have been really achy lately, so I decided not to.
    I didn't do the crunches. I will try to do 200 tomorrow to make up for it.

I went over calories. I went out for lunch with family, and Saturday evening is usually my treat night so I don't lose my sanity.
    I did get enough water though.
  • hanginrailranch
    hanginrailranch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    logged in food...ate healthy and stayed within my calories!......drank plenty water....did upper arms weights...did not get my exercise in today...a must for tomorrow!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just done a work out and did one yesterday too, plus my 100 crunches each day.

I logged even though I didn't want to look, but hey ho, still in deficit thanks to the exercise.

So, one more workout to make the three - and I reckon I'll manage at least one extra.
  • gingerFLA
    gingerFLA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Went to grocery today to get lots of healthy food. Buying fresh costs more, but it WILL be worth it in the end.... Going to make a veg-only dinner of grilled eggplant, summer squash, and zucchini!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I will be starting back slower than I thought I would:cry: . I spent saturday afternoon and today in the hospital with chest pain. All is well but I have to see my doctor befor I start working out to much. I had a stress test this morning and I didn't have a heart attack, but they dont know what happened. I'm tired tonight but other wise I feel good. I will still weigh in on thursday and log my food but exercise is out execpt walking.:sad:
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am reporting for 8/23,8/24 and Sunday is my rest day.

Fri 8/23: drunk 100ozs of water, did my exercise, but went over my calories:mad: ,did my 100 crunches
    Sat 8/24: didn't drink all my water, did exercise and stayed under my calories, did my 100 crunches
    Sun 8/25: rest day

Saturday, I went to the track and I did a 20 min walk/run (so proud of myself) came home and did Zumba fitness, woohoo.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • Suz67
    Suz67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, back from vacation. I miss all the walking we did. Hubby is once again on the couch and my kids are off in different directions.
    I need to make exercise my priority but it stinks doing it alone. Tomorrow is a new day and I will make sure I do something that breaks a sweat.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Completed my 100 sit upsbtoday
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Today ended up being disastrous. I started out with good intentions. As the day went on, I ate crap, crap, and more crap. We were out all day watching a tennis tournament, so we weren't home to cook at all. We had Burger King for supper. I had chips, cheesecake, cookies. Awful. I don't eat like this every day, but for whatever reason, I couldn't stop today. So needless to say, I went way over calories.
    I did drink water, not sure if I reached my goal. I would guess I had about 5-6 cups.
    I didn't exercise at all. We were going to play tennis tonight but that changed.
    I didn't do the crunches today.

Today sucked. Tomorrow will be good.
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did okay today. Exercised, drank plenty of water, and did my crunches. Ate a bit too much in the evening, however. Need to do better at going to sleep when tired instead of late night mindless snacking! Hope everyone had a good weekend and that the rest of the first week goes great.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Ok.... walk of shame.....:blushing: :noway:

I am sorry to report that I was not focused this weekend :(

I hate leaning onto excuses.... BUT I had my inlaws come stay with me Fri - Sun, and it was NOT easy. I did really good on Friday..... BUT then on Saturday it was bad and Sunday was even worse. I did not log my food or drink my water. I also drank some wine (which I have not had for a while). And I did not exercise on sat or Sun and NO crunches :(

BUT I am back on track today. Unfortunately, I do not think that I will be making it to the gym today because I am waiting for the appraiser to come to the house house today. But I will def try to get a workout in at home and focus on my food. Logging everything and drinking my water!!!! Weigh in is only 3 days away!!!! We can do this!!!

Pam ;)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The weekend is hard.

Went for a long lunch with friends...But I did bite the bullet and log it. It was HIGH.

BUT that doesn't mean I can't make up for it. Monday to Weds it's not too hard to be very good. That's three days before weigh in.

Come on!!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Since I am away from work over the weekend I will give you guys my weekend run down:

Friday: Got in my water. Exercised for an hour (cardio). Was over calories by 48 Calories. Still count that as a win.
    Saturday: Got in my water. Exercised for an hour (lifting). Was under my calories.
    Sunday: Got in my water. Exercised for 45 mins (cardio). Was under my calories.

Today I will be lifting for an hour after work (Legs and Back) and also doing my Ab Ripper X routine which is 15 mins with 349 ab moves. I am working on my water now and there is no way I will go over calories today. This exercise is a big burner and I have already entered every meal for the day and have plenty of room to spare for any extras I may want.

Good luck everyone!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Did OK this weekend. I went out to lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Stayed within my calorie goal but didn't eat the healthiest food.

I did crunches on Saturday and not on Sunday. I'm not used to doing crunches so I'm only doing them every other day. My favorite Zumba instructor was on vacation this weekend so I didn't get in my usual classes. Instead I went to the gym Saturday afternoon after lunch and did the elliptical and lifted weights and went for a run Sunday morning. I was a little slower than usual because I was sore from Saturday's workout!

Water is going well. I don't always WANT to drink it, but I chug it anyway. Today I have my meals planned out and I'll be going to 6:00pm Zumba. I'll do crunches when I get home.
  • gingerFLA
    gingerFLA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Inspired after my workout this morning!

Eating whole wheat & flax pita bread with spicy hummus and fresh alfalfa sprouts for lunch today! The bread is soft, and along with the protein from the hummus, helps to fill me up and keep hunger at bay. The sprouts offer a crunch and area nice alternative to some of the salad vegetables that I get bored with. And the hot red pepper in the hummus satisfies my taste buds!

Hope you guys are already reaping some of the benefits of getting Back on Track!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,317 Member
    Options
    Sunday: I went for a long walk, but totally forgot the crunches :embarassed:

Monday: Went to the Gym today, and did some workouts for the abs with different machines (among other things...) - when I went home I was beat, so I decided these ab exercises are as good as crunches...

Both days I managed to stay within the calorie limit (due to workouts), especially for weekends this is rather good for me :smile: But I have to work on eating more healthy yet.