New system for the Challenge: TEST for September

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Hi everyone,

As you know, Cooriander has done a fantastic job setting up the team challenge and making it a tremendous success. For September, she and I have developed a new system that we hope will make it easier for her to maintain, and for everyone's updates to get published faster.

Now we need your help: Can you help us test the system by entering your goal for September in the spreadsheet. It's a Google Doc; a spreadsheet that anyone can see and edit. You'll enter your information on the first tab and your results will automatically be tabulated on the second tab.

For now, we just need you to enter your GOAL for September. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Soon we'll start entering actual numbers in the sheet and sharing them here as we've done before. Feel free to put your goals in the comments thread as you have done before -- this will help us in case there are any glitches. For now, just follow the link below and let's get started!

http://is.gd/MFPseptember
(that's a shortened version of the full link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdF9PUUhKTE1vRHJ0OWU4R3hJdzhvdmc&usp=sharing )

Replies

• Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I got the following message with the short and long URL addresses: "This webpage is not available". I was using Google Chrome as my browser
  • davemunger
    Options
    I got the following message with the short and long URL addresses: "This webpage is not available". I was using Google Chrome as my browser

Strange. Can you tell me what system (mac/pc/phone) you were using?
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I think it may be the case we need to use the full length of the path / link -- as some browser bonks out on shortened URLs as a result of filtering spam.

Perhaps try the longer link, and then we can figure out what to do with the abbreviated link separetly:

Here is the long link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdF9PUUhKTE1vRHJ0OWU4R3hJdzhvdmc#gid=1

And a warm thank you to Dave for making the initiative in setting up google docs! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Managed both links using chrome on my iPad. Entered name and goal.
  • davemunger
    Options
    I was able to sort everyone's information correctly by name, so so far, so good!

Meerkat70, glad to hear it's working for some people at least. One possibility of why it may not work for Carlton_Banks is that some office firewalls could be filtering out Google Docs -- so for some of you this may be something you need to do from home.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Done! on my Mac at home. I did get a redirection message with the first link but I got there fairly easy enough.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Worked for me. Chrome on Windows 7.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Worked for me as well.
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Worked for me on my kindle. Thanks again for organizing. Goal 125 miles.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I posted my goal using my iPad. I was using a pc with Windows 7 and a Chrome browser earlier
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Entered my info.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I hope I did it right.
  • davemunger
    Options
    I hope I did it right.

Yep! Looks like the test is working well...
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • sonyayoung18
    sonyayoung18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Done....upped my target from 80 to 100 because I am close to hitting 100 in August :wink:
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Done....i have put 50 for this month as my training will be slowing down a bit and then might take a week or so off after the GNR as a reward.

Oh crikey Sonya that ace, well done you ! I think that may have to be my goal for October.
    92109 Posts: 209
    Options
    Looking forward to 90 miles worth of colorful sunrises! Thank you Cooriander and Dave.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up for the challenge this month after about eight months off - it's running season here! Fingers crossed I can enter my info. Thanks as always for doing this!
  • davemunger
    Options
    The official September thread is UP! Head over here to see it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1087982-september-week-1-and-2-sunday-09-01-sunday-09-08
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I entered my goal, but it wouldn't let me insert my name alphabetically. I'm not very computer literate, so I'm sorry to those of you who are administering this! :-) It looks like a great plan, though, so thanks Maria and Dave! :flowerforyou: