Introductions

Options
Let's start this new group by first introducing ourselves.

Name: Tiffany
Classification: Senior
Major: Electrical Engineering
Weight: 161.7 lbs
Desired Weight: 145 lbs
Height: 5'5''

* Measurements if you have them. I will get back to you on mines.

Short term goal: I plan to lose 10 pounds before the end of January.
Long term goal: I plan to lose another 5 (maybe 10 pounds) before the summer
Reason for weight lose: To become a better me inside and out. Exerise and healthy eating will get me the body skin, hair that i want with energy, happiness, and confidence. Who wouldn't want that!

*NOTE: If you are not in college, still tell us about you. What did you do in college (if you went)? Are you married? Have kids? Job career? anything you like :)

Replies

• MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weight: 131 lbs
    Desired Weight: 115-110 lbs
    Height: 5'2''

short term goal: to be under 130 by the end of December!
    Long term goal: To fit in my old clothes again, new ones are expensive!!!
    Reason for weight lose: I want to like what I see in the mirror again,

I am a stay at home wife/mother, I have an 8 yr old daughter, and a 6 yr old son. Been married to my hubby for 4 yrs and been with him for almost 6
  • ejosbourn
    ejosbourn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Name: Erin
    Classification: Graduated! WOOHOO!
    Weight: 147
    Desired weight: 125
    Height: 5'6

Short term goal: Lose 10lbs by January 25th (after doing the 17 day diet)
    Long term goal: Lose 20 lbs by May (will be running a 1/2 marathon in April, so hopefully that will help me get to my goal!!!)
    Reasons to lose weight: To feel healthier and get back into wearing some of my old clothes!

A little more about me...I graduated college in 2004 and majored in Spanish and Business Administration. I currently work in Healthcare IT and travel a lot for work. I sit in front of a computer for at least 10 hrs a day, so exercising every day is a goal of mine too!!
  • KelseyWood91
    Options
    Kelsey Wood
    21 years old
    Social Work student
    Junior classification

height: 5'2"
    starting weight: 140
    current weight: 137.6
    goal weight: 110
  • tiffpyt09
    Options
    Weight: 131 lbs
    Desired Weight: 115-110 lbs
    Height: 5'2''

short term goal: to be under 130 by the end of December!
    Long term goal: To fit in my old clothes again, new ones are expensive!!!
    Reason for weight lose: I want to like what I see in the mirror again,

I am a stay at home wife/mother, I have an 8 yr old daughter, and a 6 yr old son. Been married to my hubby for 4 yrs and been with him for almost 6

I understand with the clothes. If I buy any new clothes it will be for my smaller sexier body :) Can't wait to lose this weight with you!
  • tiffpyt09
    Options
    Name: Erin
    Classification: Graduated! WOOHOO!
    Weight: 147
    Desired weight: 125

Short term goal: Lose 10lbs by January 25th (after doing the 17 day diet)
    Long term goal: Lose 20 lbs by May (will be running a 1/2 marathon in April, so hopefully that will help me get to my goal!!!)
    Reasons to lose weight: To feel healthier and get back into wearing some of my old clothes!

A little more about me...I graduated college in 2004 and majored in Spanish and Business Administration. I currently work in Healthcare IT and travel a lot for work. I sit in front of a computer for at least 10 hrs a day, so exercising every day is a goal of mine too!!

Hopefully we can reach this deadline at the same time! What do you plan to do to get there
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Otis
    (Lifelong Student it seems)
    B.S. in Education
    M.S. in Education
    M.S. in Elementary Administration
    M.A. in American History
    Ed.D in progress

41 Male (small bone frame)
    Current:
    6'0"
    192 lbs

Goal:
    165 lbs

5th grade teacher that has gotten quite unhealthy with the demands of family, work, and school.
  • tiffpyt09
    Options
    Kelsey Wood
    21 years old
    Social Work student
    Junior classification

height: 5'2"
    starting weight: 140
    current weight: 137.6
    goal weight: 110

Welcome. I see you have been making progress keep it up. Remember it doesn't matter how long it takes, it matters that you was able to do it. Each pound lost is progress :)
  • kyrious87
    kyrious87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Name: Kyrie
    Classification: Gradumacated in 2010
    Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Height: 5'3''

Don't have current measurments.

Short term goal: I would like to get past the 160 plateu I seem to have...
    Long term goal: I want to get to 150 by the summer.
    Reason for weight lose: Superficial, I know, but I don't want to be the chubby one when my boyfriend and I get engaged... He's a pro football player, so he's training all the time too.

I went to Uni of Illinois at Chicago. Loved the city. Now I'm back in West Michigan working as a Software Test Engineer in the automotive industry. I am hopefully soon to be engaged. The boyfriend and I have talked about it numerous times and we'll be celebrating our annivarsary on Sunday (Dec 23rd). I don't have any children.
  • tiffpyt09
    Options
    Name: Kyrie
    Classification: Gradumacated in 2010
    Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Height: 5'3''

Don't have current measurments.

Short term goal: I would like to get past the 160 plateu I seem to have...
    Long term goal: I want to get to 150 by the summer.
    Reason for weight lose: Superficial, I know, but I don't want to be the chubby one when my boyfriend and I get engaged... He's a pro football player, so he's training all the time too.

I went to Uni of Illinois at Chicago. Loved the city. Now I'm back in West Michigan working as a Software Test Engineer in the automotive industry. I am hopefully soon to be engaged. The boyfriend and I have talked about it numerous times and we'll be celebrating our annivarsary on Sunday (Dec 23rd). I don't have any children.

Congratulations on your anniversary! I am wishing you the best. I hope this group can help you get to the weight you want before your engagement :)
  • elkat782
    Options
    Name: Elle
    Classification: ALUMNAA WOOO!
    Major: Sociology
    Weight: 173
    Desired weight: 145-150

Short term goal: Lose 10 lbs by February
    Long term goal: Lose 20 lbs by June
    Reasons to lose weight: Feel healthier, have more energy and increase my longevity!

Currently working on figuring out WHAT THE HECK TO DO WITH MY LIFE now that I'm not a student (for the first time in about 17 yrs). Kind of scary, but very exciting as well!
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Otis
    (Lifelong Student it seems)
    B.S. in Education
    M.S. in Education
    M.S. in Elementary Administration
    M.A. in American History
    Ed.D in progress

41 Male (small bone frame)
    Current:
    6'0"
    192 lbs

Goal:
    165 lbs

5th grade teacher that has gotten quite unhealthy with the demands of family, work, and school.

Also married with 8 children. Ages 22, 20, 17, 12,12, 11, 9, and 5.
  • dmeyrich89
    Options
    Name: Deanna
    Classification: Graduated
    Major: Associates of Applied Sciences
    Weight: 178
    Desired Weight: 165 right now, ultimate 150- 155
    Height: 5'4''

Short term goal: Be 160 by the beginning of February!
    Long term goal: To feel sexy and happy with my body!
    Reason for weight lose: I am getting married in June and I want my fiancé to look at me and be proud to call me his wife. I also want to feel happy and sexy in my body.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone!!! =)

Name: Meaghan
    Classification: Senior
    Major: Elementary Education/Spanish
    Weight: 231 lbs
    Desired Weight: 155 lbs
    Height: 5'1''

Short term goal: I plan to lose 45 pounds before the May graduation.
    Long term goal: I plan to lose another 30(maybe 35 pounds) before the end of summer
    Reason for weight loss: So im not going to sugar coat anyting! =) I want to look sexy! I can be sexy now, but I don't feel sexy. I also want to become a healthier , happier, brighter me. I know im only 22, but with 231 lbs of weight on you, you feel so sluggish and blah I don't want that. I want to be able to wear that bikini in the summer and turn heads.

Feel free to add me! =)
  • Andrewrigh
    Andrewrigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Name: Andrew
    Classification: Graduated May 2012
    Majors: Finance, Operations Management, Business Economics
    Weight: 195
    Goal Weight: 150
    Height: 5'5"

I started college at 150 and would love to get back there. All the studying and extra credits I took a semester allowed me to graduate with a triple degree but destroyed my body in the process. Taking 18 to 19 credits a semester allowed for very quick meals in-between classes (therefore some type of fast food or campus food was about my only option). Defiantly looking forward to getting back there.

Short term goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of February.
  • Charloutte21
    Charloutte21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure if people are still using this group, but I came across it in one of my recent searches for student groups.

I've just started using MFP and so far I'm quite impressed with it. My goal is to lose 14ilbs in 5 weeks in time for University again.

Can anyone shed any tips on their successes?

Thanks

Charlotte
  • kgnocera
    kgnocera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a college kid living in Central New York...meaning our temperatures this week were all in the negatives :( Very hard to be motivated (but this morning I managed to drag myself out of bed and worked out before work, woohoo!).

Name: Karly
    Class: Sophmore
    Major: International Relations and Geography
    Weight: 117
    Goal Weight: 105 (or a muscly 110)
    Height: 4’11”

Short term goal: I plan to lose 5lbs by end of February

Long term goal: Increase the weight for my kettle bell/dumbbell moves by 5lbs (at least). Also, I’d like to one day be able to beat someone in an arm wrestle.

Reasons: I'm a volunteer firefighter and I'd really like to be in better shape. Mostly stronger, but I can lose a few lbs too. I'm used to playing sports so the transition to college life has made it tough to stay healthy. I’d love to have my gymnastics body (well-defined and doing moves that look painful) back.
  • dbelinsky
    dbelinsky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: D (its actually my name :p)
    Classification: Junior
    Major/ Minor: Biology major, environmental studies minor, women and gender studies minor, Pre-med
    Weight: 134
    Desired weight: 110
    Height: 5'3

Short- term goal: Lose 15 pounds by my birthday (Feb. 12)
  • nashelsky
    nashelsky Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am 23 y.o. and am trying to lose about 15 pounds. I am 5' and currently 123 - 126 (fluctuates a lot). I've put on about 13 pounds over the past 4 years and just want to get back to that "pre-long-term relationship weight" :D

I do strength training a few days per week, but rarely force myself into cardio.

I am a vegetarian, but the main food groups at our house are dairy, carbs (bread/tortialls), and starches (sooo many potatoes). I've recently started geting big fruit/veggie baskets from Bountiful Baskets, so I'm hoping that helps improve my diet. BF is also a vegetarian, but doesn't eat any veggies at all, so having a healthy diet is pretty hard at home.

Anyway, just looking for some more support and to meet people who want to get healthier as well!
  • courtneybergemann
    Options
    Name: Court
    Class: Junior
    Current Weight: 168
    Desired Weight: 140

Hey guys, I just really need some motivation here. I have gained over 20 pounds since I started college. I used to work out every single day, I would dance competitively, and I could eat whatever I wanted because my metabolism was so high! I don't really know how to cook, but I'm learning. I just want to be able to look good when I go back home so people arent like, oh she gained weight...but also for trips that are coming up. I have an obsession with french fries and mexican food. I love exercising though, I am trying to get into running because I know that can do a lot for your body!

Thanks!!!