Who else got the hate-crossfit PM ??

Options
Yesterday I got this long winded hate-crossfit PM from Health_Gal and I'm just wondering if she's lurking here under another name or who the heck knows how she found me ... but that's just weird.

Actually it was TWO PMs bc it wa so long and full of links.

Replies

• melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    she's an ongoing nuissance to everyone in this group or anyone that even mentions the word 'crossfit' in the forum. Just ignore her and block her.

Check out our previous dicsussion about her:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1079863-she-s-baaaaaaaack
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    or attack her boot camp preference like I did saying it's for "washed up former sorority girls and housewives with no real ambition in their lives to truly better themselves" or that "bootcamp is a mimicry at it's worst of it's namesake and is a disgrace to our serving men and women". She really warms up to you when you tell her that.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ LMFAO! I think I like you already. :flowerforyou:
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    lol, it's sad after hearing about her for so long that she hasn't given up on her mission. But it's just too fun to toy with her and get some good one liners in. I had heard about her PMs for quite some time before she messaged me, so I was quite prepared with some comebacks. Also got to call her out on her alter ego profile JaneBShaw that does exactly the same thing, so watch for her as well.

Any fellow crossfitter is a friend of mine! :flowerforyou:
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I got it after my first Crossfit question yesterday! Funny.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I still haven't received a message from her. I'm disappointed actually, I kinda feel left out ... .
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure you will be graced with her message soon enough!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Options
    My reply - "Umm ... yeah. Thanks for that but ... I'm not some light-weight, panty sniffing, anal fetish zumba lover just dipping my toes in the weight room pool surfing for sausage. I think I'll take my chances with a real workout and judge the results for myself.

Thanks tho. :flowerforyou: "
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    LOL.

That is all.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Options
    I have successfully blocked her. 4 PMs in one day from phsycho b*tch is enough for me. You'd think she'd get the hint with the nasty replies, but Nooooo. :yawn:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I still haven't received a message from her. I'm disappointed actually, I kinda feel left out ... .

Post a thread in the general forums about how much you are loving Crossfit so far. It won't take her long after that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Post a thread in the general forums about how much you are loving Crossfit so far. It won't take her long after that.

She also stalks this group and has been known to send these to new members who haven't even posted.

She is banned from posting in the main forums.

Another name she went by was Janebshaw.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I got a message from her too.

When she mentioned bootcamp to me I pointed out that if she were educated at all she'd know that most of the bootcamps these days are run by Crossfit boxes or by people who are Crossfit Level 1 Certified but not affiliated with a CrossFit box! So, her "advice" would just lead people to more Crossfit!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Don't worry sometimes she takes a while, I was really starting to feel left out for a bit. Then she sent me a grand total of one message. Guess making it sound like I was taking her to heart went over her head...ugh...

Thought about making the group private/closed because of her...
  • jsdcap
    jsdcap Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me to, I told her that I would pay for her membership

Every time a post something she contacts me, I play with her then block her

she is to lazy to do a real work out
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Don't worry sometimes she takes a while, I was really starting to feel left out for a bit. Then she sent me a grand total of one message. Guess making it sound like I was taking her to heart went over her head...ugh...

This actually makes me pissed of at MFP. I support her right to post her opinions in the main forums. While I think it's a little crazy, even to PM people from the main forums. But my understanding is that the groups are so we can discuss things her without dealing with the same distractions as the main forum. And even though she isn't part of the group, she is still targeting members/following this group. I can't understand why she is allowed to continue.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

This actually makes me pissed of at MFP. I support her right to post her opinions in the main forums. While I think it's a little crazy, even to PM people from the main forums. But my understanding is that the groups are so we can discuss things her without dealing with the same distractions as the main forum. And even though she isn't part of the group, she is still targeting members/following this group. I can't understand why she is allowed to continue.

What makes it even more annoying is we've blocked her, but she still has access to the group. Which I think is since we are an open group MFP might not actually block anyone...so hence she still reports posts which goes to the admins of the group. But if we closed the group it would mean that people joining MFP couldn't easily get access they'd have to be added (if I remember correctly) or at least request access.

Switching to being a closed group is an option, but isn't exactly a great one. Considering she just is annoying and it seems worth giving people a chance to join the group versus leaving folks out in the cold.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

What makes it even more annoying is we've blocked her, but she still has access to the group. Which I think is since we are an open group MFP might not actually block anyone...so hence she still reports posts which goes to the admins of the group. But if we closed the group it would mean that people joining MFP couldn't easily get access they'd have to be added (if I remember correctly) or at least request access.

Switching to being a closed group is an option, but isn't exactly a great one. Considering she just is annoying and it seems worth giving people a chance to join the group versus leaving folks out in the cold.

Exactly why it makes me mad.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    well, it's my opinion that we just ignore her. The more we fuel her, the more she messages and inflames us. It's kinda like making stupid people famous... because people like Lindsay Lohan really shouldn't have spotlight, but we keep watching and it encourages her to misbehave.

Lets stop making this stupid person famous (or infamous in her case).
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    or attack her boot camp preference like I did saying it's for "washed up former sorority girls and housewives with no real ambition in their lives to truly better themselves" or that "bootcamp is a mimicry at it's worst of it's namesake and is a disgrace to our serving men and women". She really warms up to you when you tell her that.

I officially have a crush on you.