Wednesday August 28

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
Happy Wednesday everyone! Or at least I'm pretty sure it's Wednesday. It's one of those weeks. :laugh:

What's the plan for today?

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be out running right this minute, but I woke up not feeling well. I suspect the heat & lack of sleep the past few days are just catching up with me although yesterday one of my co-workers mentioned not feeling good either so maybe there is a bug going around.

Since Sunday it's been very hot in my bedroom (Monday it was 97F (36C) in there) so I slept on an airbed in my living room for a few days. It did finally cool off last night. It's supposed to get hot again today, but at least I got one good night's sleep.

I'm hoping by tonight I'll feel well enough to run, and if not I can do it tomorrow morning instead.

My challenge today is just to get through the day. :smile:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well I stayed home sick yesterday from work and didn't get much walking in.

Today I am going to walk 12,000 steps and eat under my 1,000 calorie defecit. I am also going to drink more than 12 cups of water today (I need it to help my cold and stay hydrated). I planned my workouts for this week, however it got a little messed up with me being sick, so I am going to re-evaluate my workouts and tailor them.

HAPPY HUMP DAY!! :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Got my yoga in on Monday and Tuesday night. On Monday I did Yoga/Pilates and last night did just yoga. The stretching really does work well just before bed. I'll do the just yoga again tonight.

Got my run in this morning. Really didn't want to do it. If I was going to do it, I had to get it done before the sun came fully up though if I was going to take my dog with me, so I managed to get up and out and we completed it. Hopefully my Friday run will be better, but I'm happy to be able to at least check this one off.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well, I got my run in last night. I really wasn't feeling it in the beginning, but I was able to push through and got 4 miles in. When I was done I did feel pretty good - it had been a week since I worked out and it felt good to sweat again!

Today I will either ride my bike around the lake (7 miles) or do 45 minutes on the elliptical. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees today, plus humidity, so it's very likely that I will go for the elliptical.

Like a couple of you, I too am battling getting sick. The past few days my throat has been scratchy and I've been coughing a lot. I'm increasing my vitamin C intake and I hope that along with excercise will help me kick this bug to the curb before it really gets ahold of me!

Have a great Wednesday everyone, and I hope you all feel better soon!!