Atkins Diet

Options
Butterfly2022MD
Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
I started the Atkins diet last Thursday. I am limited myself to 1200 in addition to following the diet. Has anyone else tried this diet? What were your results?

Replies

• bharperjones
    Options
    Yes!! I love it. I have been on it a little under three months and have lost 33 pounds. Thank you for turning me on to this group. I also joined your group Atkins Dieters and I wrote plenty. So I won't talk you to death in this group. Check your other group for my experience with Atkins!! Chat soon!1
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have been following the Atkins diet for the past two months. Thus far, I have lost 31 pounds. When I first started, I set my calorie intake to 1200 calories per day. But, I soon found out that 1200 calories was too low for me because my energy level was so low. So now, I eat between 1300 and 1400 per day. And this is working fine for me.
  • vnbland03
    vnbland03 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this so please help me with any helpful info and motivation. Day 1 induction
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tried it but it didn't agree with me. I was consistently losing a pound A DAY but it left my mind fuzzy. I only got through 10 days because I exercise a lot and didn't have the energy anymore. I don't think I limited calories at all just ate when hungry and stopped when satisfied. The one thing I did like about Akins is my craving for sweets when away completely after day 3.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Atkins specifically, but I'm eating low carb.
    I've eaten this way before and lost over 150lbs over the space of a year. I maintained the weight for over 7 years before slowly gaining back 40lbs.

I'm back on track with eating low carb again and have lost 4lbs since the beginning of the month.
    It works well for me (when I stick with it).

I have a MONSTER sweet tooth and when I eat low carb, I have ZERO cravings for sweets. I also find that I tend to eat less because the higher fat/protein keeps me full longer.

My macros are set at 1600 calories per day, but I generally don't get over 1300 once I'm in the zone. I workout nearly daily and have tons of energy. If you find that you're dizzy/fuzzy on 1200 calories per day, its likely that you need to increase your calories, while staying low carb.

Drink loads of water and enjoy the weight loss!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started the Atkins diet again on 8/11/2013
  • SweetPeezy121
    SweetPeezy121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started low-carbing 8/21/2013 and have lost 12lbs thus far. I do water aerobics 6days a week which I know helps a lot. I don't have the problem with being hungry or being dizzy. I do use the protein shakes to provide me with that extra "umph". I will say if you are doing low carb which for me was to detox my body of all the sugar and junk I had been putting in it, taking a multi-vitamin will help significantly.