Ironman training

Options
jjlange1
jjlange1 Posts: 9 Member
Is anyone training for an Ironman? I have what seem like unusual weight challenges...I don't lose it like everyone else,. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Right now I'm in the 3k/15m/90m range on distances. I have IMAZ in November and need to lose 30. Thanks!

Replies

• joyosplash
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for IMAZ! Hope the training is going smoothly for you. In my experience the folks on here aren't the best on understanding the endurance training of IM in relation to weight loss, have you looked on beginnertriathlete.com? There are a lot of nutrition articles on there and tons of IM specific forums.
  • jjlange1
    jjlange1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I haven't been on that site for a while. I'll check it out. I have talked to people that have done endurance while on Weight Watchers, etc but the exercise "points" are just not right when it comes to anything over say an hour. If I ate all of the calories that anything says I burn on a long bike or run, I'd be Two Ton Tony. So...I need something to help me utlize that burn to lsoe but not leave me exhausted.
  • lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know this is super late, but
    1) goodluck tomorrow!
    2) I know a lot of women that have had trouble losing weight while IM training (myself included). I think the general consensus on BT is that men lose weight while IM training and women either stay steady or gain a bit. I have done 2 IMs and after workouts got to a certain length, I couldn't lose weight.