Color Rad 5KM run Sept 14/13

Options
Anyone else doing this run? I live in west end would love to run with someone. Just getting back into running after a year off. Starting small again :) Also doing the JM Body Revolution to get into shape as well. Goal for 2014 to qualify for Boston for 2015 so need real support!

Serena

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are doing it!! I am no runner but you could tag with us for a bit if you like. I live in the North East...

Just as an asside: there is a Saskatoon group on MFP called Saskatoon sisters and brothers shine......
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My husband and I aren't runners either, but are driving up from Regina to do the Run! I am super excited!!!
  • larsensue
    Options
    Hope to see you both there!!! We are SUPER EXCITED to do this together. I have heard nothing but great reviews.....
  • Outrageous_HappYness
    Options
    Well, here is what I propose - we should meet up if we can for after the run! I will be putting my Screen Name on my T-Shirt. I am so stoked to do this! We don't need to be runners - just people being active & having a great time! :)
  • larsensue
    Options
    sounds like a great idea!!! Hope to find you at the end of the race! We are getting soooo excited!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies!! I hope you all have a blast!
  • Outrageous_HappYness
    Options
    sounds like a great idea!!! Hope to find you at the end of the race! We are getting soooo excited!

I know eh, I haven't been this excited about a run in a very long long time. Nervous as it has been such a long time, but so blinkin' excited :) See you at the finish line ladies :)
  • larsensue
    Options
    Must have missed you in the crush of people!!! WOW what a crowd! We had SOOOO much fun! we will be going again next year. did you have anyone to go with? if you find yourself alone for the run again next year we should pick a better place to meet and go together from the start!
    TOTALLY RADICAL RUN!!!
  • larsensue
    Options
    mrsjenfrank, did you make it up to Saskatoon? did you have fun in our RADICAL city?!!! post a pic for us to see!
  • mrsjenfrank
    Options
    We did!! Had a blast! I tried watching for you guys but wow what a turn out of people! I barely even could find my friend who was doing the run with her family. Lol

Anyone know how many ppl were registered or hear how much money got raised???
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wish I had seen this months ago when it was first posted!
    I did the colour me rad in Saskatoon and I was 8 mos pregnant at the time

I'm so doing it again! (this time, sans the belly) I'm training to get my legs stronger and my stamina higher. I'm likely not going to run the whole thing, but I'm SO running again!!

anyone else doing it again?
  • mrsjenfrank
    Options
    I'm doing Regina for Color Me Rad, (July 14th, I think is the date set right now... just pre-registered... not official registered yet... not open for that yet) and also Run or Dye here in Regina. I'm from Regina though, so it will be simpler for me to do that.

I loved last falls in Saskatoon. :)
  • AliceJeanie
    AliceJeanie Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I also plan to do the Run or Dye in Regina this summer... one of 6 races (so far) that I have planned for the summer race season :happy:
  • mrsjenfrank
    Options
    I am doing Run or Dye as well. And apparently there is another color type run coming to Regina... It's a Canadian company.... Can't remember the name of it right now though... Was thinking about it, but cost is a bit more than the other two... Not sure if I want to pay it.
  • larsensue
    Options
    COLOR ME RAD in Saskatoon on the 6th was AWESOME!!! if you figure out the name of the canadian run let me know!