Why is it so hard....

Options
cgphelps24
cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
So my life has changed drastically the last 6 months or so. Or should I say it changed 6 months ago and haschanged constantly since then. Became single again, my family size expanded with grandkids moving in, then they moved out and my daughter with her 3 kids moved in then moved out then back in, changed jobs, working a different schedule, 2 daughters pregnant, the third giving birth to a premie who is still in the hospital 3 weeks later.
Needless to say it has been a rollercoaster ride. So here is my observation...I seem to me more motivated to workout when my house is crazy like a circus. When I have down time and no one is home I just want to watch tv or sleep. My son said he thinks it's depression, but I have been depressed before and this is not it.
Maybe I am just tired. All this moving things around, rearranging schedules, constant change can get tiring.

Anyway, that is my rant.

Replies

• Pamelabradham
    Options
    Hellllllllllloooo It's me !!!! I took the bait !!!!

Ok here is my input. Maybe it is easier for you to work out when there is a fullhouse and chaos because when you go work out....

A) you get out of the house
    B) your having YOU time, and taking care of yourself
    C) Everyone is driving you crazy and you need a break !!!

Now who would want to work out when the house is quiet... why leave that peace and quiet to go to a crowded place to work out???

See what I am saying?? LOL
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Well, I can understand that! Working out feels like "me time" when you live surrounded by chaos. I know; I homeschool four kids.
    Of course, you have to take good care of yourself even when others aren't around. I think it is easier to motivate yourself to workout, so maybe start with that. Pick exactly the exercise you are going to do, the days of the week, and the time of day, like maybe when you get up in the morning. This has been working for me anyway. Then throughout the day, you may find you make better food choices because you don't want your exercise to have been for nothing.

Most important, I think, is remember to be gentle with yourself. That is a lot happening all at once, but everything gets resolved in the end. Just hang in there.