What are you doing to reach your goal?

Options
lauram_23
lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
Share your workout routine and eating habits with us!

Right now I'm just doing fast paced walking/running intervals on the treadmill for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week and making sure to not go over my calorie goal. I stopped getting Tim Horton's breakfast every morning and have just had oatmeal and fruit every morning. I use light mayo on my Thursday Subway run and have been drinking nothing but water..and tea.

I'm going to start incorporating weights into my routine and may consider starting 30 day shred again but for now stickking to cardio since I'm pretty out of shape. I just got a dog as well and he is almost finished his puppy shots so we will be walking A LOT to get all of that energy out, should help :)

forgot to mention that I stopped eating out for every lunch - that was probably a big factor in my weight gain!

How about you?

Replies

• Slulik
    Slulik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Been attempting to get to the gym at least 3 days a week...but with my wedding only 23 days away I am finding I am running out of time to sleep!

But watching exactly what I eat. This is a big one for me.
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yea weight loss is 80% diet so gotta watch what you eat. I have a friend who goes to the gym but eats whatever she wants and is gaining weight..I keep trying to tell her but to no avail!
  • Slulik
    Slulik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was a very avid gym goer last year 3-4 times a week. But I was not watching what I ate...so of course my training didn't do anything, and was not losing much at all. but as soon as I kicked it into gear then the pounds started coming off.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to go the gym 3-4 times a week. Recently I have been getting bored with just being on the elliptical so I have been switching it up and have been going to classes the past two weeks. I've noticed (small, but they are there) changes in my body since i started going to the classes and i feel great. My calorie goal is set at 1200, but i usually eat more than that; usually btwn 1350-1500 depending on what I do that day.I actually just set a new goal for myself to lose at least 7 pounds on or before Thanksgiving (I'm hoping to lose 10 actually but i will be happy with 7) so if anyone has any news tricks (not diet products like the girls in my gym are keen on) to help me boost the weight loss I owuld be thrilled to try them.