Daily Challenge 29/08/2013

Options
m23prime
m23prime Posts: 358 Member
Greetings Fitness Pals!

It's Thursday...and for many of us it is also weigh-in day!

SO...today you are going to be challenged to celebrate your successes to date.

You must find a way to indulge and reward your efforts without resorting to food.

What small indulgences can you devise to treat yourself--without ingesting any extra calories?

Your treat must fit comfortably into your budget--so no designer clothing shopping sprees on the plastic.

Spending money is definitely NOT the point of this challenge. It is about showing yourself some appreciation for a month's worth of hard work and to help focus your Chi for the month to come.

Have you neglected a hobby or recreational pastime in favor of logging and lifting? Then perhaps an hour spent there might be refreshing.

Maybe you could convince your partner or other trusted loved one to look after your kids, animals, plants...whatever...so that you can crawl into a bubble bath with the book you've been meaning to finish all summer but have been too busy with everything else.

Give yourself the gift of time.

Now...it may not be possible to actually complete this challenge today. BUT, you can think of your reward, and make your arrangements today, to enjoy whatever indulgence you choose. whenever it is possible to schedule.

If you want to a take a "lesson" from this challenge, it is to ensure that you have planned some palpable rewards and positive reinforcement to look forward to as you progress on your journey.

Be creative. And have fun. You totally deserve it, and you know it!

Good logging and good luck,

m(ark)23

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a challenge. Just hitting that big mark yesterday (no, I didn't slug m23,) you all know which century mark, I have given this some thought.

I think I'm going to take my son and go find "Los Pollos Hermanos" this weekend and take my progress photo in front of the famous sign. If you don't know what I'm talking about, use google, then Netflix and catch up on one of the best written TV shows ever.

I look forward to your ideas!
  • slh0307
    slh0307 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great challenge idea! Congratulations Dan on hitting 100 pounds lost! :flowerforyou: That is Fantastic news!

Today my reward will be sewing on my Halloween wall hanging. I started it two weeks ago and have not been able to get back to it.
    Sewing balances my Chi. :smile:

Still got to log, workout, and eat right first. Yikes! I better scram!

Love you guys! Stay strong. See you tomorrow.:happy:
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this idea. I think I want to go to a pilates class tonight at 6:30. The room is dark, the music is tranquil, and no one is talking :) it is the best part of the week :)
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great idea, m23! I will definitely have to take the kids to one of the local playgrounds today.

Not nearly enough time spent getting used as a jungle gym by my boys!
  • m23prime
    Options
    YES! You have embraced the spirit of the challenge! Super! Keep posting your ideas, suggestions,--even wishes are fine here.

Me? After my water based physio at the rec center today, I will be going upstairs to the weight room where I am signing up for a two week orientation course--which runs while the pool is closed for annual maintenance.

When the pool reopens in mid-September, between the gym and the pool, I will have four fitness classes a week! If I successfully complete THAT six week program, I am buying a three month pass!
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow - what great rewards you are all giving yourself! So well deserved!

I have had my eye on the pool at the gym for over a year and haven't taken the plunge...it's time!! I am setting aside my Saturday morning to don my bright red bathing suit, embarrassingly white legs and willing spirit to go for a swim!! So excited!!

CC
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Because of my success in August I am going to take my kids on a shopping trip to the states (wait the money is not the big part) and I am going to bring my bathing suit and I am going to go on the water slide with them the one where I have to run up the stairs 1000 times cause there is only the one good slide! I am still to big for the other one!

The trip was already planned! The challenge encouraged me to think of something I was missing out on and the last time we went to this hotel I had to sit out cause I could not get up the stairs to the slide without losing my breath (embarrassing)
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your reward Holly - it's absolutely in the spirit of this challenge!

I am going to piggyback on my first post because I thought of something else! I was an avid Middle Hitter (Volleyball) when I was younger (like the whole meet your spouse, get scholarships to play in college, play 7 days a week type player)...Our gym just started a trial to gauge interest on Thursday nights (they are kicking the Basketballers out and setting up nets)! I had planned to watch the Seahawks game tonight, but that's what DVR's are for. I think I may have to talk hubby into playing some ball! YAHOO!!!!!

CC
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Hope the volleyball game went well! My trip is still two weeks away so I have time to strengthen my legs a little more before all those stairs!
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Everyone - great rewards! I love that they're all about celebrating our fitness successes by taking on new fitness challenges.

Just reporting in: challenge accepted and accomplished! My 3-year-old had a ball chasing after, wrestling with, swinging on, and generally beating up his dad, and my 1-year-old thoroughly enjoyed being lifted up and going down the sliding board about a hundred times LOL
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    That sounds super fun givens!!!!
  • m23prime
    Options
    Well met, Everyone!