Fitness challenge!

Options
I'm going to throw out a little fitness challenge!
30 days of "The Reg"
What is it?
Push ups, squats, crunches.
Do a set of 10 for each, next set you do 9 and then repeat until the last set where you do 1.
By the time you get to the last set you will have done 55 of each exercise.

If you can't do 10 start lower and build up!
You need no equipment!

Replies

• notthatNaomi
    Options
    When's the start date? I'll do it with you. I always say I need to do things like this at home when I don't go to the gym, but I never get around to it. I would like to work on my push ups (even more) so this would definitely help.
    I've come from not being able to do 1 push up to now can usually do about 25 in a row - on my toes. My form might not be the greatest towards the end, but if I do this challenge, I know I'll get much better at them.
  • threatsofpizza
    Options
    Official start of Monday. i'll even measure myself to see the results! Hamflaps begone!
  • I'm in!
  • befit1980
    Options
    Okay, I'll join, too!
  • meghiep
    meghiep Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh man, I am terrible at push-ups, but I'm in. :)
  • HeadMoveGOMI
    Options
    just seeing this now. I"d like to participate ( as much as I can, my fing knee is not squat compatible)
  • threatsofpizza
    Options
    Just replace squats with something knee friendly!
  • meghiep
    Options
    Right, day one down! Although for the push-up section, I started at a set of five because my arms are sad little noodles. I'm going to try to increase as the month goes on, at least.
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    Day 1 done. That was a little harder than I thought it would be !
  • befit1980
    Options
    Done! Push ups were on my knees. Maybe I'll be doing them all on my toes by the end of the challenge!
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    Day 2 done. I considered skipping it because I do body pump on Tuesdays. Just hoping that there are no pushups in this afternoon's class, but there probably will be. I'm feeling the pushups from yesterday and today a lot more than I thought I would be. But, that's a good thing!
  • threatsofpizza
    Options
    Day one and two done...
    Barely..I remember this being easier!
    Took my measurements Sunday:
    Arms 15
    Waist 38.5
    Hips 42
    Thighs 25
  • befit1980
    Options
    Days 2 and 3 done!!
  • meghiep
    Options
    I'm on track as well. :) The crunches are by FAR the easiest for me, which makes me laugh because I otherwise have pretty crap core strength. But by god, my stomach may be a bowl full of jelly but I can do crunches all day!
  • befit1980
    Options
    Day 4 done!

Threatsofpizza, I hope you are doing okay!
  • threatsofpizza
    Options
    Im starting my 30 days over again. Im pretending that last week never exsisted.
  • befit1980
    Options
    Loving this challenge! My *kitten* and arms are feeling it!
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    I think I'm out. Something is screwed up in my shoulder and I'm going to blame it on the pushups because I haven't worked out since last Wednesday's boot camp class.
    I was doing all the pushups on my toes up until day 7 and then something didn't feel right, so I did them on my knees yesterday and today (should have just stopped already).
    I went to body pump tonight and my shoulder hurt during chest presses and even during rows so I left halfway through the class.
    I guess my body can't handle pushups 7 days/wk...oh well. Maybe the rest of y'all will do better!
  • befit1980
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I couldn't remember when we started so I came back to check. Just one week left! I've missed about 4 days since we began. I really think it's helped to get my tone back in my butt, back, and somewhat my stomach. I think I'll probably continue after the month is over, too.
  • branfran2011
    Options
    I joined the group mid month, but if the challenge continues to next month, I'm in!