I feel great eating raw!

Options
kuanyin
kuanyin Posts: 8 Member
I posted this as a reply to another post, but want to put it out there, that I'd love to support and be supported.

Before eating raw (5/25/13) I would eat whatever I wanted. And what I wanted was a half a stick of butter a day and Indiana popcorn at night. I was at an all time high of 231lbs and was in bp, cholestral and gerd meds. I am off all of my meds now and have a bp of 110/70. I've never seen those numbers! My joints dont hurt and my joints are half the size they were. No more inflammation! I tried counting calories, first eating 1500 and only losing a lb in a month. Then to 1200 and losing nothing. I was hating the road I was on and always felt counting calories and this idea of willpower an unnatural idea. I wanted harmony-a natural way of eating to restore balance. I see now that obesity is a matter of nutrition. My weight is coming off slowly, but my body and mind really like eating this way. I feel a new found respect for the energy in the foods I eat. I always craved sweets and now that has waned. I just want the most nutrtional bang for the buck! I say eat what you want raw and trust it will naturally balance out. Guilt will put weight on you.

What has your experience been?

Replies

• JessiGoodwin
    Options
    I've only been raw since the first of July, but I'm also LOVING it! I find that the weight has been falling off really quickly for me and I'm pleased with how great I feel each day... I'm still somewhat tired in the mornings (partly my fault for staying up too late, and partly my children's fault for waking up at 5:45 every morning), but other than that I feel terrific.

I have been trying to figure out some long term plans to help me permanently make good food choices and maintain at least 80-90% raw long term. We've been brainstorming what types of food I might want to slowly re-incorporate into my diet, and what types of things I definitely want to give up long term.

Right now I'm considering adding in a few cooked beans and whole grains (such as quinoa) at the beginning of August. But I definitely plan on nixing any type of refined sugars, processed foods, and pasta long term (all trigger foods for me that I find difficult to control).

Does anyone else feel like they might slowly add in a few items to their diet? Or stay 100% raw?
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I saw your post and thought I'd respond. I know how frustrating it is when I post something and get no response. I started juicing and eating a "clean" diet about a year and a half ago. Every time I fall off the wagon (red meat, etc.), I gain weight. I just can't eat like normal people. But since I discovered raw (Raw for 30 Days video), I've decided it's the smartest way to eat and the rest of the world can enjoy their hamburgers and their cancer (too insensitive?). After my first week of 100% raw, I thought I'd reward myself with some pad thai (my current obsession) w/o meat. I gained 2 pounds. The next week, it was the same thing -- except my daughter was in town for the weekend and I gained 6 pounds eating the same food she ate. I'm back on raw this week and have been losing about a pound a day. It's Friday and I'm determined to forego the reward because I like seeing the weight come off. I know I should stop rewarding myself with food, but rewarding myself with sex isn't an option. I'm going to go fix my veg juice now. Any suggestions on spicey foods that won't derail me would be most welcome.