Introductions - Tell us about yourself

Options
kravmark2
kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
Here's where you can tell us all about you!! Let us know what your goals are and where you'd like to be by Christmas.

Mark

Replies

• kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    BTW... I have been on and off MFP for a while now. I do have 30lbs to lose (by Christmas) and Im highly motivated. Previously I lost 19 on mfp and then went off the site for 6 months and gained back 20... Just lost 11 and Im not stopping till I reach my goal this time.. .If you weren't on the group last year this is the year we kill this weight thing forever.

Cheers to us
    mark
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been on MFP for almost 2 years I think? well I just restarted in July. Lost 11 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by Christmas....so 39 more to go. I will honestly be happy to be out the 200s by Christmas. I am super motivated, Been going to the gym more often & talking with a nutritionist next week to get this even better down pat.

I have a total of 105 lbs to lose, hoping to lose it all by Summer next year :)
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello loves!

My name is Jessica, and my goal can't be measured in pounds lost. It's measured in miles walked/ran.

I have a goal of walking/running 1200 miles from now until Christmas.

:)
  • ibculverized
    Options
    My name is Tracy. I have a total of 70 pounds to lose. My goal was to lose 30 pounds by Christmas so I was excited to see this group and wanted to join up with you guys. I have already started my exercise routine this week and I am working hard on my eating and drinking plenty of water. I just recently had both of my hips replaced and I need to lose my weight so that these new joints will last a LONG time. I know with the help and encouragement from each other we can do this!

WOW! Losing 30 pounds by Christmas will be the ultimate gift to myself!
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Herro! my name is Mabz, and I'm aiming more towards 20 lbs by Xmas... I think 30 would be too small for me. I've been that weight before but that was after I got really ill and couldn't stomach anything for 2+ weeks. Definitely not a healthy way to lose weight.

But anyway, 20 lbs would put me at a 21.6ish BMI. Also, if I can get to 20-21% BF by that time as well that would be lovely. I'm really active and do a lot of activities, including running, stairclimbing, hiking, Crossfit, and now I'm just starting up roller derby again. I'm actually currently training for a half-marathon in October.

Anyone please feel free to add me. :D I'm really active on MFP and like to encourage and motivate whenever possible. And I also post alot (for better or for worse) :P
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Katy and I have been an MFP member since January 2013. Since joining I have lost 31lbs. The biggest lost I have had was when I finally got off my lazy butt and joined a gym last month.

My goal is to weigh 265 by Christmas. Which will be a loss of 37 pounds between now and Christmas Eve.
  • corinnelapolt
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm Corinne. Thanks, Mark, for starting the group. I've lost 17 pounds so far and have about 60 more to go. I am super motivated and lovelovelove the support that comes from being on MFP. I've struggled for YEARS trying to find my own groove and finally feel like I am in the best place ever -- with help from you all!

Friend requests accepted daily! Looking forward to getting to know you all and support your goals!

xx
  • TampaGina
    TampaGina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all...My name is Gina and I just started this journey AGAIN 3 days ago. I had lapband surgery a year ago and have only kept 8 pounds off. The band definitely does not do the work for you! I really like the MFP app and need to use it to stay on track. I have around 100 pounds to lose and need all the motivation I can get. I love finding out what people are eating and doing to stay on track. I am so out of shape and have to realize that it comes back very slowly because it gets so frustrating. I was thinking that I would like to lose at least 10 pounds per month so this group would be great! Hope everyone has a great Labor Day Wknd! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • danabartocci
    Options
    I am Dana. I have just joined, started last week at 178, would like to be at 158 by Xmas. My weight has always gone up and down. I have always done WW, but I am so busy, so looking for another way to get support.

I am an avid gym goer and teach aerobics part-time (step, Bodystep, Bodypump) and I know my classes love me for who I am, but I want to represent a more healthy lifestyle.

I have been on a self-destructive eating cycle, so I want to move away from that and eat healthier!

Thanks all!
  • sissy848
    sissy848 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Kathy. I have been struggling with my weight since I was young. I decided this time around I will lose weight the right way
    by diet and exercise.
  • Hotdog2711
    Hotdog2711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi being new today to MFP the first reason I was drawn to the group was the sexy Santa logo lol

Joking appart my name is Steve and would love to enjoy my challenge with a fun loving motivated group
    My goal is 30lbs for Xmas ready for the big company party and would love to get back in an old favourite suit
    Diet as a young man was never a problem as I used sport to burry my bad habits and burn the calories . But with a fast paced job the calorie burning furnace simply stopped lol over eating took sports place
    A real passion of mine is Muay Thai so combined with my new food diary I'm hoping to she'd some real timber

Looking forward to some fun banter in good spirit to get threw

"Lets ave it "
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

I'm Klisha. I've been on Mfp for over a year now & been on and off with my exercise and diet. I want to get serious and start kicking *kitten* :D. I hope to lose 35 pounds by christmas and start lifting. The more loss the better though :drinker:
  • CrazyL467
    CrazyL467 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    Back on here again and hopefully for good. Its been a while but back in 2011 I was able to drop 20 pounds in 1.5 month due to this website and proper eating and exercise. I am in law enforcement and have not been watching what I been eating and was quite surprised when I jump on the scale and noticed I somehow lost wight. Want to start eating right again and today was Day 1. I was into fitness and nutrition before if anyone needs help as well encouragement. Looking forward to spending the next 3 months with you guys.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    As my name says I am Laura although not little yet. I joined mfp 7/24/2010, I had lost 30 lbs by the end of the year but in Dec 2010 lost my job. For all of 2011 I stress ate those 30 lbs back and lost my motivation. 2012 didn't see me get any motivation back either, just more stress. Finally I had to accept there are somethings I can not control and other things I most certainly can. I decided to come back to mfp this summer 2013 and give this another go. I have lost 9 lbs so far. I would like to lose at least 30 if not more by Christmas.

ps my mfp account will say a different start date because I had deactivated and had my account re-opened.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heyyy I am Tara. 181.6 pounds today = the highest ever.
    I have to break my addiction to fast food and eat more healthy things! (Aka, diet) And I am going to try doing something active EVERY DAY.
    good luck fellow Christmas loser friends ;)
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    I joined MFP in April. I have lost 50+ pounds since then but I have lost these pounds before :P Right now things are going pretty well because tennis league season is in full swing, pun intended! The hardest months of the year are coming for me and I need this extra push in the lead up to the holidays and to get through the cold months. Also, losing 30 lbs would allow me to give myself the BEST Christmas present of hitting onederland - haven't seen it in over 10 years.
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey y'all im Dana. I'm a Christmas girl but the holidays have always been a weakness for me. I have been trying to lose weight for years and have been successful at times but unsuccessful as a whole,( there have been so many years that I have been doing well then every time the holidays come around uggggg)This past year I started again on April 12 2012 and did really well until THE HOILDAYS (AGAIN!!!) I even exercised on Christmas eve :(
    this time I didn't completely fall off but I was just hanging on. I logged back in to my MFP a few months ago to get me back on track. Im excited to join your Christmas group I think it will help me stay on track. This year the Holidays can bring it because im driving the wagon this time...lol :laugh:
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    HI ALL -
    Im Jeanette (or Netty hence my screen name) - I have been here almost 90 days and only dropped 2 lbs.. BUT many inches... I am excited to be a part of this group - I would hope to be down 15 lbs by Christmas - sounds like a realistic goal -
    Lets do this!!
  • LisaC8611
    Options
    Hey there all! My name's Lisa. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs total and 30 by Christmas seems like a good place to start. I'm new to MFP and exercising/weight loss in general. I was always a relatively good weight until I had children and then the baby weight just stuck to me. I'm trying to get rid of all my bad food habits, and to be more active on a regular basis.

Anyone who would like to friend me I thank you in advance! Seeing how others do it helps me out a lot!
  • kaileea1
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kailee - I've been struggling with my weight since having 2 children. I work with a health and wellness company and was able to lose 30lbs from that, but I have struggled for awhile now with inconsistency and not REALLY watching what I eat. I'm on day 3 with MFP and am doing great so far! Can't wait to be 30lbs lighter by xmas! :)