I'm always hungry now!?!

Options
I know that I'm not a huge eater but I've been able to get by with what I do eat. However, as of late.. I can't get full. I'm starving all the time! I understand that my metabolism is probably in overdrive due to the workouts but good lord, I can't eat every 30 mins!! I'm already drinking two protein shakes a day, one for breakfast and one after my workout. I eat fruit all day long. I have some nature valley protein snack bars and still I'm starving. Like I don't know If I will be able to make it till dinner's done before I have to snack again. Now I've had this happen one other time, I was working a crazy job as a vet tech and worked 12 hour days with being on call for emergencies and then I found out I was also a good 2 months pregnant. Now I know I'm not pregnant, I've been having normal periods and I have the copper IUD. I feel certain its not a baby, it better not be! Can working out really just make you starving?? Hel me! I need advice here on what to eat to actually get that full feeling again. I miss it!

Replies

• cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How much protein do you eat in g?
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    1 are you actually hungry or do you just WANT the food (<<<<< perfect example of me) if want drink more water, or chew gum. hungry, fruit and veg doesn't have so many calories so if you made your lunch a HELL OF A LOT of veg you should last a bit longer.
    2 you were saying only a little while ago that MFP was complaining about you not eating enough because you weren't hungry. at this time i believe you weren't working out because of THINGS so maybe jumping back into your exercise regime has kick boosted your metabolism back into gear.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had 64g of protein. But it says I need 80? So maybe it's still the protein? I started a shake because I wasn't eating hardly any protein. I'm fairly certain I'm actually hungry. I drink tons of water and had a big fajita plate for lunch, which I could've eaten more??? Which is crazy, I hardly even finish a plate of food let alone want additional food!! I'm going to start making a big pot of oatmeal for the family in the morning so hopefully that will help somewhat. But man am I hungry!! As for me just wanting food, I haven't changed my diet much other then cutting my soda intake. I've always ate fairly healthy stuff and its filled me up in the past.

Yes when I couldn't get enough calories was when I stressed about my marriage and had zero appetite. I think it's just from working out I'm sure, I just didn't expect it to be this intense! Literally nothing fills me up for longer then an hour. I've always had a high metabolism so maybe this kick start put into psycho mode and its burning everything I eat?? Geeez!!!!
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    IDK what your stats are but it's supposed to be about 1g per lb of lean body mass (your weight minus your body fat %) I aim for 115g though I am always low. I would try eating more!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I experience this every time I start some new diet/workout after 4 weeks, like clockwork. I interpreted as my body finally catching up with what I've been doing or finally running out of certain stuff it needs. I don't know what's your calorie intake / deficit, but if you could up the intake by 50-100 cals for a while, you will probably feel a whole lot better.

Oh and I'm still trying to figure out the protein thing out - it should be between what MFP suggests by default (lower limit) up to 1g per lb. My question is frankly which type of diet (protein rich or carb rich) will make you feel fuller... still experimenting but so far protein wins (cottage cheese and crab sticks 3 times a day for me).
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    are you eating all your calories for the day? maybe the foods you choose arent as filling? i cant see your food journal so i cant really know whats going on. maybe you need to rethink your intake, if you are exercising a lot and genuinely hungry that is not good. dont starve yourself.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    My Time of the month... not working out. This is why I want to eat everything!! I'm happy its not from my workouts because I think I'd of given up. I don't know how to open my diary, I thought I had once..huh? But I generally eat pretty filling stuff, just not a lot of it. I'm just going to snack though this hell week and then hope everything goes back to normal. Doing two shreds in one day probably didn't help either lol.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    settings (top of screen one) - diary settings, scroll down and make it either public or friends though i think friends is only the ones you've added it shouldnt apply to group people.

glad you've found out what it was thats causing it though. i havent had TOM visit for quite a while so i wouldnt even remember the signs of an impending visit. :laugh:
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Time flew by so quickly I thought I had at least one more week, but yes that's what it was. The two or so days before it hits I want to eat everything in the kitchen and then about an hour later, do it again lol. So today is a little better. I've only eaten three times with two snacks and no tummy growling :)

Need to work out here in a bit...but oh I don't wanna, its been a long day on call for work...