Exercise Ideas - what's your plan

Options
kravmark2
kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
So in my opinion the best plans for success should be goals that are attainable . What is your exercise / nutrition plan on how your gonna get there ?

Mine is run 5-6x weeks to lose initial weight (average 5-8mi)
Then alternate w other fitness once I start to plateau

And not to eat all my exercise calories back
And to eat clean 5 days a week

Replies

• TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, SO my plan:
    Exercise- My goal is to go as much as possible to fitness classes- the new schedule comes out soon so hopefully they have more am classes which I like. I would ideally go to the gym 3-4 days per week and do extra walking/running/ kettlebell routine when I can.
    Food- My goal is to cut out fast food, especially fries! And to eat as much fresh food as possible. Make sure I pack my meals the night before work so I don't make bad decisions at work.
    Also, I need to get rid of the mindset that "I might as well I eat whatever because I'll never lose weight". Bad bad bad!

I am interested to see everyone elses ideas!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Let's see.... my plan is

- to exercise at least 6 days a week <Minimum>
    - eat healthy <getting addictive> with the occasional glass of wine of course, can't be totally good!
    - reach my goal by the end of the year
    - Maintain, maintain & maintain
    - Hang out here for continuous motivation and support
    - Happily Ever After :bigsmile:
  • Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Smart food choices, portion control, and 8 cups of water a day. I don't plan to eat back exercise calories, but I'm glad they're there if I go over on calories.

I'll continue riding my recumbent bike daily and continue increasing resistance. I'm currently at about 9.5 miles a day. Would love to work up to 15 miles by Christmas. Possible ???

Need to do more walking, either the hills in my neighborhood or on my treadmill. Usually get about 1.5 miles. Would love to tackle the b-i-i-g hill to the other side of my neighborhood. We'll see.

Resistance training or calisthenics might be a possibility but no promises.

WORNm4.png
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    diet - low carb with healthy fats (this works best with my diabetes).
    exercise - going to the gym, if the weather is too bad to drive I have power 90 dvds or others to do at home, or walking my dogs when its just too nice out to be inside.
  • ccny11
    ccny11 Posts: 3
    Options
    A friend of mine who is a professional fitness trainer gave me a plan to follow 3-4 x week at the gym. I am scheduling my gym appointments instead of just going when I have spare time, which I used to do. I have an added incentive from my insurance company which will reimburse me half the cost of my gym membership if I go a certain number of times in 6 months, which comes out to about 3 times a week.

I am also planning to make all my meals at home when possible - not sacrificing fun out with friends but no need to intake restaurant calories for breakfast/lunch during the week. I get severe chocolate cravings so I keep dark chocolate almond milk in the fridge - tastes like a milkshake and totally filling - at 100 calories a cup it's there as a treat if I have leftover calories after exercise. Good post-workout drink.
  • KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My plan is to go to the YMCA at least 3 times per week, and while I'm there I'm planning on using the bike for about 30 mins, then going to a yoga class to stretch and sweat all at the same time. And, I'm going to do some more just basic walking between places, and using the stairs rather than the escalators.

As for eating, I'm trying to get my binges under control, and by doing that I will be lowering my weekly overall calories to something more reasonable... As a way to monitor this, I will be and have been putting stickers in my day planner on the days that I don't binge, as a reward for being healthy that day. And also I will be doing my best to have my morning homemade smoothie everyday for breakfast, because it's jam packed with nutrients.

Best of luck everyone!
  • ibculverized
    Options
    My plan is as follows:

1) Exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 40 minutes with light weight lifting

2) Eat my 1200 calories daily

3) Not eat back my exercise calories

4) Drink 64oz water daily and cut out my artificial sweetener

5) Log my food and exercise in daily on MFP

6) Believe in myself and not give up even if I have a bad day :)

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Please feel free to friend me so we can encourage each other!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    My eating plan is going to remain as is. I strive for 1200+ and generally
    turn on BEAST MODE .. then wipe out as many calories as I can ..
    My fitness now until mid Sept will continue to be Stationary bike,
    Strength training (3x per wk) and the Elliptical. Mid Sept. I'm restarting
    Shaun T. HHA .. in a nutshell that's my plan.
  • Hotdog2711
    Hotdog2711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Three times a week I'm Thai Boxing it gives you a serious workout and any stress is left on the pads.
    Burpees Burpees Burpees oooh the joy lol

Must start drinking more and raising the protein to help recovery !!
    Working on my playlist for running well that's my current excuse lol
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eating plan: I just updated my weight loss goal to 2 lbs per week, so 1200 Cal/day. And no more soda!!!
    Breakfasts will be protein shakes, eggs, oatmeal, or other high fiber cereal with lowfat milk.
    Lunch will most likely be an easy PB and honey or turkey sandwich.
    Dinners will be fish/chicken, salads, and fruit/veggies. I welcome any awesome Salmon or Tilapia recipes.

I will also exercise everyday.
    I will go for 30 minute runs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will also alternate between arm, leg, and core workouts on those days.
    I will go biking Mon-Fri, to and from the free fitness classes that are offered weeknights at my university. (6 mile round trip)
    Saturday and Sunday will be rest days where I just bike at an easy resistance on the stationary bike for 30 min.
  • Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey Hotdog, here is a link to a thread on workout music that might give you some ideas. I don't know 99% of them (too old and too out of touch, I guess). My list begins with Sweet Home Alabama. :). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1086860-work-out-music
  • Hotdog2711
    Hotdog2711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Eldee36

Don't give me your out of touch !! Some of those tunes are class
    Two minutes of Who let the dogs out and I'm ready for battle lol

Thank you
  • Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just recently updated my goals to lose 2 lbs a week which allows me 1240 calories. My plan is to eat those or stay under them every single day. If I go under I'm not going to "save" those calories for another day which I have been guilty of in the past. I'm going to make much better selections on what foods I eat (cutting out rice and bread and eat waaay more veggies). I'll be exercising on the elliptical at home for 30 minutes three times a week.

TL;DR:
    - 1240 calories
    - 3x 30 min elliptical
    - Better foods
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My main challenge right now is meal planning and logging. I am lifting, so I need to ensure that I'm getting enough calories and protein. I need to lose weight too, so I need to make sure that there is a deficit all while meal planning and preparing for my family. So today and tomorrow I am getting together a menu and shopping list to make sure this part happens.

Exercise is the easy part for me. I have finished JMBR and am now moving into lifting with NROL4W and joining a gym. I run too, but prefer to do that in the great outdoors. Being from the Seattle area, the gym will be a great second if I can't catch a rain break.

Edited to add that I eat back half of my exercise calories and use BMF to track calories burned.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    my goal is to keep doing what I've been doing. August was a rough month because we had so many things going on which involved food. September should be better: Nothing on the agenda! Keep working out for 40 minutes each morning (stationary bike and elliptical), keep watching my calories and my sodium intake.
  • katelynal
    Options
    My exercise plan consists of playing as many tennis matches as possible until the end of league play around the 1st or 2nd week of December. Playing tennis doesn't feel like exercise at all - on days with no tennis, I will be push mowing my yard which usually takes 1.5 hours 2 days a week and will need to be done through early November most likely. When the weather is uncooperative, I plan to alternate between my elliptical and my DDR on PS3.

My nutrition needs alot more work - trying to cook ahead more will be the key.