Just completed Intro and I'm sh*tting my pants

Options
So Saturday was the last day of my intro to crossfit, 3 week, 9 class intro. I was thinking I'd go for a regular class tonight so I looked at the WOD online and there's no friggin' way I can do this.

"Close Grip Bench Press -

find your 1RM - hands 16" apart

Then

For time:

5-10-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50-45-40-35-30-25-20-15-10-5

Unbroken Sets of Double Unders"

It's the skipping part that I'm going to have trouble with. I can barely do singles for 5 reps. :blushing:

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    They'll tell you how to mod it! Either singles or...crap, what are they called? You jump up and hit your hands (at waist level) with your knees. You can figure it out! :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere :-)

They will modify it for you.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOOOO!!! There is a mod for everything!!! The WODs you dread the most will often be the ones that you get the most out of.
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    GO! I say oh crap every time!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna go give it everything I got.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that my box doesn't post the WOD on their website. That way, I can't pick and choose if I want to go or not. If I go and it's hard, oh well! I just scale it to my ability. Don't look at the website or find out ahead of time!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Definitely go. I get anxious everytime the countdown starts, like most of us on here probably do. Like others are saying, there are mods for everything and you'll build up over time. You'll feel so much better when you're done!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    They'll tell you how to mod it! Either singles or...crap, what are they called? You jump up and hit your hands (at waist level) with your knees. You can figure it out! :)

tuck jumps
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options

tuck jumps

Yes! Thank you. :smile:
  • jsdcap
    jsdcap Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We had a wod the other day That I thought I would never finish, and I did. Do let the board scare you, In my Box the workouts are not posted online. Also I don't look at the board when I enter. Just go and do your best.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Definitely go. I get anxious everytime the countdown starts, like most of us on here probably do. Like others are saying, there are mods for everything and you'll build up over time. You'll feel so much better when you're done!

THIS

I get kinda nervous for some WODs but the important thing is to do your best and LISTEN TO YOUR COACHES. Always remember, it is their job to help you succeed.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I went, tried my best. Ended up just doing single skips and managed to work my way up to 18-20 reps without failing a few times. My left calf did cramp up but I had done the workout WITH fails just to achieve the numbers required.

This skipping is going to require practice. :blushing:
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    Glad you went. All of this will take some work. The bar gets raised every single workout.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    They will modify for you. At my box the sub for DUs are usually burpees with a 3:1 ratio in singles, yep lots harder but I still haven't been able to get DU yet, and I need to because I hate burpees then to get up and do singles, not nice :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I only check the WOD on the site just to make sure I bring the correct body armor :laugh:
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    glad that you went. I always check the workouts online because I'm fairly new to CrossFit still too. it helps me to understand what all the acronyms are.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is the very reason my gym doesn't post WODs in advance. :laugh:

The best WOD you'll ever do is the one you thought you couldn't!!