Check in here!

Options

Replies

• mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your dog, it is so hard to lose one :-( and seriously, it's ok to emotionally eat once in awhile, just don't beat yourself up about it and start fresh.

I weighed in this morning and have lost 4lbs - woot! I feel like a rock star even if it's not that much weight.

I have a Polar and I love it, my husband got it for me for Christmas, it makes figuring out calories so much easier. I also got a fitbit flex for mothers day and it's a great motivator as well because it keeps me moving through the day instead of just focusing on my workouts. I think they're a perfect match but my husband thinks I have a fitness gadget problem. I probably do.....
  • jessofcourse
    jessofcourse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Threatsofpizza, I'm so sorry about your dog. It must be really difficult. At really challenging times I think the best thing is to step back and just try to maintain. That being said, I would really encourage you to try and eat whole foods and limit the junk. I find when I am insanely stressed and eating junk, I feel 10 times worse and end up in a ****ty cycle. I find my moods are even worse and I struggle to get into good habits. Best of luck!

I had a friend visiting on the weekend (I live in the UK and am from Canada) and I took her around the city. Of course I had to show her all of the delicious (but terrible foods). We had haggis, neeps, and tatties, sticky-toffee-pudding, haggis burgers (soooo good), full breakfasts, caramel shortcake etc. We also went out on the town and had drunken chips, cheese, and curry sauce after (I call it Scottish poutine). We did loads of walking but certainly not enough to offset that weekend. I'm waiting until next weekend to weigh in so I can get the water weight/sodium out of my system.

I'm really trying to be relaxed about weight-loss this time to make it sustainable. I've set myfitnesspal to 0.5lbs a week and will try to eat up that amount (but not eat-back exercise calories). I want to try and de-stress, sleep well, and get relaxing exercise in.
  • Novezero
    Novezero Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your dog Threatsofpizza. I lost my last cat when he was about 14, 6 years ago and still miss him very much.

Not been an amazing week food/exercise wise. I don't know if I am totally run down but after all the mouth ulcers and other tired-body-symptoms, I now have some kind of virus. I am over the fever part but feeling weak with lots of aches so no exercise yesterday or today. I also ate too much yesterday and today I am not even hungry at all :/

Hoping I am well enough to go to the gym tomorrow.

On a positive note I feel like I have lost a bit more (no scales in house) My hips are less muffin top, more cupcake top this week
  • GettingMooreInShape
    GettingMooreInShape Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hope everything is going okay, Threatsofpizza. Ham hugs!

My exercise is still non-existent. My eating was going well (no bingeing for two weeks!) but has worsened in these past few days. I ate up all my healthy food and haven't been to the store to get more... so its been too many handfuls of popcorn and chocolate chips :/ The feeling of needing to binge has been lingering now that school started back up and I'm stressed outta my mind. I always take my stress out on food.Yesterday was seriously about 2x my daily calorie goal, today isn't looking bright so far, and this weekend we have family/Labor day events that rarely include healthy options. Pity party for me today.
    On the bright side, I'm still logging everything, even the bad days!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm going through my monthly "plateau phase" -- every month I shed about five pounds just before/during my period, then drop another pound or two in the week after, then go up a couple of pounds during ovulation, then stall out for the next two weeks until my period. Hams, it is frustrating as HALE. I know, logically, that I'm retaining water or whatever and masking my progress, and I know as soon as I start ragging I'll be down a bunch of pounds and be super pleased, but right now I'm stuck at 211 and have been for a week and GRRR, Sara smash.
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    The last few days have really sucked. I haven't been working out (except for the 30 day challenge) and have been eating all kinds of crap. Fast food/junk food since Wed. And now my gym is closed until Tues so there's no chance that I'm going to have a good weigh in Tues morning. I think I'm going to skip it because I know if I gain or stay the same, I'm just going to get really discouraged and want to give up for good.
    On a better note, I've eaten well today and am about to go grocery shopping so that I can cook and plan out healthy meals for the next few days. And I may run later if it's not storming. I'll run in the rain, but not if there's thunder/lightning
  • avskk
    Options
    You can turn this around, Naomi! Girrrrrl, there are three days between now and Tuesday. You can totally go for a run or two.
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    avskk/Sara, thanks for the support/encouragement. You're right I do have 3 more days so I should make the best of them and get over the 3 days that I "screwed up". Like many other people have said, it's the all or nothing mentality and idk why it's so hard to not be like that.
    I should have come here and posted on Wed when things started going downhill, but I'm back on track now and that's what I'm going to focus on. Went grocery shopping and made tonight's dinner and enough for the next 3 nights. Will make lunches tomorrow and figure out what I want to do for breakfast.
    I didn't make that run tonight, but definitely will tomorrow.
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    Naomi, I'm totally off track these past few days too. Here's to a new start in September! I'm away for the weekend which makes things even harder, but I'm heading to the grocery tomorrow to replace my usual healthy staples.
    MAKE ME GET MY HEAD BACK ON STRAIGHT HAMS.
  • avskk
    Options
    YOU GUYS. You can do this! Holiday, schmoliday! Sleep in, guzzle some coffee, have delicious breakfast if that's your thing, and then hit the dirt!

I will totally pep-rally your *kitten* tomorrow morning. I'm off work and not to be messed with.
  • whelanfm
    Options
    Lets do this folks! I have managed to do 5 days of 30 day shred, one yoga class and lots of walking. I'm overhauling my eating drastically (while I didn't think it was so bad before I wasn't losing any weight) so I better start seeing some changes on the scales over the next week. I am getting a bit discouraged so good to have people to check in with! Good luck,
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have had a terrible food weekend after losing 4lbs, mostly because I caught viral pink eye from my son and then while rubbing the pink eye scratched my cornea. So, I've been one eyed and miserable and turning to food and I need to learn not to do that. Sigh. Tomorrow is another day right?
  • threatsofpizza
    Options
    The past week has SUCKED hard. On top of putting my sweet, sweet dog to sleep, my mom had to put my old cat down(he was 17) and I got a ****ty review at work that I was completely blindsided by.
    I also walked 6k one day and a few hours each day so that evened out the eggplant parm sandwich I shared with the husband, the beers and the midnight order of medium fries. Then I got up this morning and was surprised by my period...yay!
    I figured The scale would sit still this week but I lost a pound.
  • jessofcourse
    Options
    This has been an indulgent weekend. I treated my boyfriend and his family to Nanaimo bars (Scottish people love them) and definitely ate my weight in them as well. We also celebrated his brother and fiancee booking their wedding venue with loads of wine. Today my boyfriend starts his full time job while I am still waiting to hear back about work. I'm trying to be positive about being left at home by using the opportunity to eat salads for lunch (with soup) and healthy stuff that he normally doesn't go for. Now, I'm going to go for a walk and try and make this day a good start!
  • lydiakass
    Options
    So sorry, threatsofpizza. Lots of hugs!

This is my first post here, so, hi! Anyway, since I've started this whole "journey" (quotes because I feel super cheesy) I've basically only focused on my fitness. I'm currently doing the c25k program. Some days I do other random cardio stuff, but that's my main thing. I haven't really worked on my diet at all, though, up until a few days ago. I finally realized that if I want to become a better, faster runner, I'm going to have to clean up my diet, because I'm just not going to lose weight. I mean, duh. So, I've been trying for real the past few days and I feel really good about it. Sometimes still making some "eh" choices on food, but staying within my calorie limit, so I'm pleased. Gotta start somewhere.
    Last night was a really big accomplishment for me...I'm visiting family, and they ordered pizza for dinner. I didn't have a ton of calories left for the day. Normally I would just say, "F it! There's no point in trying!" Instead, I ate half a slice of thin crust with a big salad. Doing this, I was able to eat one of my grandma's brownies later that night for dessert and still stay within my calorie goal. AND I felt totally satisfied! I was pretty pleased with myself. : )
  • feelgoodnic
    feelgoodnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've decided to take a step back from tracking for a while. Which probably sounds like an excuse, but it was starting to do my head in. I have calories and macros running through my head constantly. How many I have left, how many can I burn. I'm definitely not going to let myself use it as an excuse to pig out or skip workouts- I still want to make healthy choices, but I'm just *so* tired of weighing out portions to the gram and exercising for X amount of calories- I need a break for a week or two. So that's what I've been doing the past couple of days, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. The less I'm stressing out over calories, the less I'm thinking about food, and the less likely I am to get cravings and want to binge on things. Last night my housemate broke out the chocolate biscuits as usual, and I didn't want a single one.

Does anybody else feel this way sometimes? I just need to stop thinking about numbers for a while...
  • befit1980
    Options
    Welcome lydiakass! Sounds like last night was a great success! Keep it up!

feelgoodnic, I totally know what you mean. Sometimes I have to take a step back, too. It sounds like being more relaxed is going to be good for you!

I'm looking forward to making this an awesome September! I had some good indulgences on Friday and Saturday and then Sunday, started the month strong. I feel focused with clear goals in mind (4% of my body weight to win the Blogilates Diet Bet, tone my arms and thighs, no alcohol for the whole month) and I know I can do it!
  • Novezero
    Novezero Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am now over my gross gastro virus and today was the first exercise in a week (32 mins of gentle workout at the gym) I weighed yesterday out of curiosity and it said 125lbs but I have not recorded it as I suspect that's down to barely eating anything much for the last week. I think I am maybe 126lbs but I will weigh again on Friday.

I can see I am really close to my goal shape, and that feels encouraging. I still don't know if I have another 5lbs to lose, or another 2lbs but I will take it as it comes.
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    Sending good thoughts your way, Threatsofpizza, and I hope everything is going okay!

I had three days of poor eating over the holiday weekend (too many handfuls of chocolate chips before bed every night-- those really add up!), but this week I've barely had time to eat!
    A group of my guy friends are staying at my apartment for the week (because nobody in their house payed their electric bill... d'oh) and I've been visiting my puppy in ICU every day. Add in school and work and I feel like I haven't slept, ate, surfed the interwebz, or relaxed in forever.. The only benefit of that? No mindless eating.

Yesterday I weighed in at my lowest in a few months: 128.6.
    Here's to hoping I can keep it off! Today the guys are moving out AND my puppy is coming home from ICU so I'll be back on a regular schedule.

Congrats to all of the losing and maintaining Hams!
  • jessofcourse
    Options
    I have had a few good days so far! With the boyfriend gone at work all day I am making really healthy food decisions at lunch (instead of chicken and cheese toasties with soup everyday). I weighed in this morning at 152 which is the lowest I've been since puberty! I'd upped my calories to 1600 because I was tired of ending up in a binge/restrict cycle and it seems to be working for me. Weight-loss should be about 0.5lbs a week which I'm ok with. I think this is a really sensible approach for me since I'm dealing with a lot of stress from unemployment/moving to a new country/living with my boyfriend's parents.

Off for a walk to the grocery store!