Week 1: 9/1 to 9/8 start weight in and discussion

Options
It's September! Let's get started! Welcome to everyone who has joined. :flowerforyou: We have 70, which is a good number.

Reading the other thread, it seems like a lot of people have events they are trying to lose for such as birthdays and weddings. But even if you don't, there is nothing better than having people not recognise you after losing a lot of weight, and buying new clothes and feeling great about yourself.

If you haven't already, please post your goal loss (and start weight if you want). You can weigh in any day which suits you, but if not Sunday/Monday it may take a little longer to get your results updated on the table.

I wanted to add three further points:

1. Please tell me when you hit 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of your goal. I will highlight these milestones on the table. (Table will be posted in next day or so).

2. Some people are going to drop out. Try not to let it be you, special star for those who stick to the end! If you do drop out, you are welcome back at anytime, even one week before the end.

3. Please feel free to start threads or use the weekly threads to post any particular food or exercise successes or failures or recipes or websites which may be of interest.

I probably should disclose, I am just a teensy bit competitive....:tongue:

MFP3sep13v3_zpsbb3de472.jpg

Replies

• kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My official start weigh in is 244.8 :) goal for november 30 is 215
  • tripletreat
    tripletreat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to confirm that Starlight is more than a 'teensy' bit competitive! Special star I reckon for anyone who beats her in this weightloss game!
  • my_journey_13
    Options
    Official start weight : 108.2kg :(

Goal for Nov 30: 90kg
  • walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SW- 9/1- 194.1lbs
    Starting my 12 week walk your butt of program ending the week before Thanksgiving.
    Tomorrow will be my mile test along with a brisk walk.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I can't fix the typo in the heading!

I weighed in this morning and I am disappointed as I am still 56kg/ 123.45 pounds. I do so well during the week and then ruin it on the weekend. So I want to lose a bit over 6 kg/ 14.5 pounds. I'm only 5'1 so that is within a healthy BMI for me.

This week I will do taekwondo 4 times, run twice, bootcamp once and walk at lunchtime a few times.

I am making curry lentil patties for dinner tonight. They are from an Australian website which has lots of weekly meal plans and low cal recipes. It is called weighitup.com.au and is free to join.

Thanks for weighing in walk_fit, my_journey_13 and kcb315!

Don't worry my_journey_13, how good is it going to feel when you crack the 100s?

tripletreat- shhh, I am pretending to be nice!
  • lacyrae83
    lacyrae83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Start weight 169
    End weight 153
    Have already lost 30 pounds but 30 more to go and nothing wrong with healthy competition keeps motivation for me!
  • my_journey_13
    Options

Don't worry my_journey_13, how good is it going to feel when you crack the 100s?

It will feel amazing! I managed to put on 2kgs this weekend!! The weekends seem to be the hardest for me because I'm not at work! I need to get my brain in the right place! :)
  • Matt_1972
    Matt_1972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in on Wednesday as I like my weight best on Wednesdays :)

Dinner tonight is Chicken Tikka, Lentil, Spinach & Naan Salad for the Jamie Oliver 15 minute Cook Book.
    http://www.aspirepersonaltraining.com.au/chicken-tikka-lentil-spinach-naan-salad/

I have started a September Challenge on Endomondo if anyone wants to join in. It's for most calories burnt and workouts can either be logged manually or through the smart phone app.
    http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/12322989 Send me a message on here or there if you want to sign up.
  • sibahle
    sibahle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Start weight : 86 Kg
    End weight: 76 Kg

I'm going to be jogging 3 times a week and eating healthy foods, no chocolates ! that gonna be hard.
  • Liezlki1
    Options
    I weighed this morning and still 64kg, I will just train harder and try to eat healthier. Must agree weekdays are easier to eat healthy, it's the weekends that gets me. I am aiming for at least a 0.5kg drop this week...
  • amberka
    amberka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Official Start Weight: 141.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Nov. 30): 125 lbs
    Stretch goal ~120 lbs

My main goals are to eat clean, log religiously, stick to net calories under 1200 (will re-evaluate after 3-4 weeks), and try to fit in 40 mins plus of cardio 5 days out of the week in addition to 3 days of strength training weekly. I'm also considering starting Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack in a few weeks, so if anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear about your experience with it and results.

Good luck everyone!
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Okay I weight in last week but will start today as a fresh start.

Starting Weight: 183.4
    Goal Weight: 163.4
    Total Amount Loss in Challenge: 0lbs
    Total amount Left to loss: 20lbs
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    CW 205
    GW 190

Total goal weight to lose 15 lbs.

I have recently started back to school so things are a little hectic. My plans are to get in 3 days of exercise this week at least 30 mins each day.

Good luck everyone
  • skies1100
    Options
    CW: 265
    GW: 240

Currently I am logging in everything I eat to watch cal, I am doing work out videos at home however my toddler is ever so distracting! I plan to get up really really early and go for an early morning toddler free walk each day and keep my home workouts with my toddler 3 times a week. He's two and he likes to work out with my pink weights also, lol, love my little motivator!!!
  • mjgo56
    mjgo56 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.6
    GW: 175.0 by Nov.30

Although my progress has been less than what I hoped, I think I have the hang of it and should be able to lose 5 lbs per month if I keep to my allotted 1200 calories, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, each day, and try not to eat all my calories back. That seems to make the difference to those who have lost significant amounts...not eating the calories back. I do circuit training with Jillian Michaels DVD, Zumba with Zumba fitness videos, or Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T. I like to mix up my workouts, but hold that core no matter what the workout is because my stomach and midriff are the worst parts of my body and in the most need of work. My original weight of 227 all time high (not recorded in MFP) puts me 37 lbs down, about 60-65 to go. Looking at it that way makes it more doable and as long as I am progressing I am happy since I am losing this forever. Good luck to everyone!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning so will do it tomorrow.

I've logged my food for the first time in a while. Needed to take a break from it. I was well under gol so happy with that but couldve eaten cleaner.

I rejoined my gym today. I've started stronglifts 5 x 5 and enjoyed it. I plan to do this 3 x per times and run/other cardio twice a week if not more.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    73.4 kgs this morning bleh!! and no gym open on labor day double BLEH!! but not going to stop me. i plan to hop on my treadmill for a labor day 5k (at least!)
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ooh Amberka, I think I have 6 week 6 pack, I will have to look for it. I like Jillian's no more trouble zones and her kickboxing one.

Skies1100- I have a two year old too. He picks up little 1 kg weights and moved his arms and does jumping jacks and tries to do push-ups and sit ups. It is so cute but does make it hard.

Hi everyone else!

I did Taekwondo yesterday. Ate my home made lentil burgers with kale chips and purple cauliflower!

Going to run 7km home tonight.

List will go up in about 12 hours.
  • AprilMarie85
    AprilMarie85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CW: 260
    GW:245

I have two young daughters, ages 5 and 7. I am getting them to be active with me. Im working on a complete lifestyle makeover for me and my kids. I walked 2miles today at a brisk pace and did a few other cardio workouts and stretches. I completely cut out soda and drink water instead. Its been about a month since i've had fast food. I've lost about 8lbs in the last 2 weeks. I've been having issues thinking of a reasonable goal weight, any help would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:
  • determinedZara
    determinedZara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So, after previously being only 5 pounds from my goal weight, im afraid to say i have a lot more to lose now! I went off track about new years time and gained half of what i'd lost. I'm 176 pounds now and want to get down to 160 by nov 30th. Hope it's possible, but i have done it before so we'll see. Im going to weigh in every wednesday as i did that before and it kind of worked out for me to be able to burn off last minute pounds due to having a treat over the weekend! Wish me luck guys, i am gonna need it!
This discussion has been closed.