Battery draining quickly

Options
Is any one having a problem with their phone battery not lasting near as long since they have been using the Jawbone Up app? I am having this issue with my I phone 5, since I have been using my Jawbone Up. I have to charge it twice a day it is draining so fast. My phone is only 4 months old. Any suggestions? Any ideas?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Follow the links on this page:
    https://jawbone.com/kb/articles/423.html

1. Perform a soft reset
    2. If that doesn’t work, perform a hard reset
    3. If that doesn’t work, contact Jawbone support
  • dmorgan42
    dmorgan42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @editorgrrl: That link has to do with problems charging the band, not anything to do with a phone discharging.

@getrealforme: It could be just a coincidence that your battery has started draining so fast. I don't think the UP app should require much in the way of battery resources. You could try quitting the UP app (and not sync your band for a day or so) to see if that is the issue or not.

To stop the app: Unlock your phone, double-tap the home button, find the up app at the bottom of the screen and press and hold it until the icons start to "wiggle". Then, click the red '-' button in the corner of the app icon and hit the home button. Then don't start the UP app for a day and see how your battery life is.
  • MarieNicole1982
    Options
    If your battery is draining to quickly it might not be truly 100 pecent charged. you need to plug it in and wait till the light turns pink instead of solid red