Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
gamestop.jpg?resize=600%2C2410

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I always try to be nice to them ... And wear low cut shirts when I shop there to improve morale. . Poor peeps.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm the speechless guy...smh.:indifferent:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I always try to be nice to them ... And wear low cut shirts when I shop there to improve morale. . Poor peeps.

I thought I was the only one who did this! :laugh:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I worked in a GameStop for three days and quit. My manager was the worst person ever. I never got trained to use the register, and whenever I'd answer the phone, I'd always get the damn phone message wrong because it was ridiculously long. T_T
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I worked in a GameStop for three days and quit. My manager was the worst person ever. I never got trained to use the register, and whenever I'd answer the phone, I'd always get the damn phone message wrong because it was ridiculously long. T_T

Worse than hitler?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who did this! :laugh:

Note to self: Pick up second job at Gamestop
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm the pre-order guy....Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag Oct 29.
    I have been waiting a couple months already.
    Had to have the poster!!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options

i have a friend that had this same exact experience working at a GameStop. She lasted about a week lol
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    LOL ditto
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

Worse than hitler?

Okay, maybe not as bad as Hitler, but definitely one of the worst people I'VE ever met. =B
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm more like the disgruntled nerd seeking out stuff they never have in store (like guides). I'm also the person picking up pre-order stuff for the bonus in game rewards. :3
  • chrisnawrot
    Options
    People still go to these places?
  • BattleTaxi
    Options

I haven't been back in a while. They "accidentally" sold my pre-ordered GW2 game and I had to pick it up from a different location. Also, their pokemon game stock sucks and they never have the guides I want in stock.

QQQQQQQQQQQ
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't people go to these places. If you have any console that is from the past you won't find new games for them in regular stores and the games you get used are cheaper.
  • BattleTaxi
    Options
    Why wouldn't people go to these places. If you have any console that is from the past you won't find new games for them in regular stores and the games you get used are cheaper.

Yea, but you have to keep in mind.. entering Gamestop means you have to combat the excess nerd away from you. Otherwise you drown in it. Not to mention, in my experience there have only been 2 types of people who work there:

1.) The angsty woman who thinks all other female gamers are poseurs, so she acts like a giant unt with a capital "C".
    and
    2.)The borderline awkward stereotypical guy with his "V" card who doesn't comprehend basic human interaction with the opposite gender.

:P
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Yea, but you have to keep in mind.. entering Gamestop means you have to combat the excess nerd away from you. Otherwise you drown in it. Not to mention, in my experience there have only been 2 types of people who work there:

1.) The angsty woman who thinks all other female gamers are poseurs, so she acts like a giant unt with a capital "C".
    and
    2.)The borderline awkward stereotypical guy with his "V" card who doesn't comprehend basic human interaction with the opposite gender.

:P

Ironically the ladies who work at my local gamestop back in Jersey never gave me a bad vibe. Maybe because they only act that way towards other girls? I also never heard the term v card before but that doesn't bother me. :laugh:
    This makes me want to get a part time job there to break the stereotype with my overly flirty self.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A GAME employee once asked me if I needed help picking out a gift for my boyfriend a couple of years ago. I laughed it off and he sort of shuffled away very slowly.

At least Steam isn't a judgemental prat.
  • BattleTaxi
    Options
    A GAME employee once asked me if I needed help picking out a gift for my boyfriend a couple of years ago. I laughed it off and he sort of shuffled away very slowly.

At least Steam isn't a judgemental prat.

Blegh!!! Had that happen too!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I worked at gamestop for 3 years, so clearly you can guess which one I was. However, I was also the employee that everyone loved. I wouldn't pressure people into getting the card or preordering games or warranties, I refused to charge at the customers the first step they took in the door and throw a coming soon flyer or sales flyer in their face. You would never see me following them around the store like a lost puppy dog.

Sadly, not doing those things had me in hot water. Although I still had THE BEST NUMBERS in the store...because they saw me on camera not harassing people walking around I was repeatedly talked to. *kitten* Gamestop. It was better when it was called Electronics Boutique and was actually a job that entailed talking about video games and not selling people **** they didn't need. Also, I am pretty sure that Gamestop is now the reason I don't play video games anymore (save a few).

edit:typo
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I worked at gamestop for 3 years, so clearly you can guess which one I was. However, I was also the employee that everyone loved. I wouldn't pressure people into getting the card or preordering games or warranties, I refused to charge at the customers the first step they took in the door and throw a coming soon flyer or sales flyer in their face. You would never see me following them around the store like a lost puppy dog.

Sadly, not doing those things had me in hot water. Although I still had THE BEST NUMBERS in the store...because they saw me on camera not harassing people walking around I was repeatedly talked to. *kitten* Gamestop. It was better when it was called Electronics Boutique and was actually a job that entailed talking about video games and not selling people **** they didn't need. Also, I am pretty sure that Gamestop is now the reason I don't play video games anymore (save a few).

edit:typo

I had a female friend that worked there that did the same thing. She loved talking about video games with people and her loved her job there, just not the corporate push on stuff, her numbers were always great and her manager loved her, but the regional manager hated that she didn't push everything on everyone. They closed the store she was at because they built one down the street, offered everyone else at the store a job there, but "didn't have space" for her.