Day 2 - Successful

Options
darla499
darla499 Posts: 402 Member
Well, it is day 2 of the challenge and I did okay.

I set my sugar intake back down to MFP's default at 36 and I stayed under that TODAY.

However, I've decided that I'm not going to let that sugar number define how I feel about whether my day has been successful or not. As long as I continue to eat just sugar in it's natural form ... through fruit, I'm going to count it successful even if I go over that 36 point mark.

I normally eat a lot of fruit and have a ton of banana's, apples and oranges in my fridge just screaming "SMOOTHIE." :smile:

So yes, it's been a great day. No added sugars and still under the sugar points.

How'd everyone else do? Challenges? Problems? Learn anything new about your eating habits/patterns?

Replies

• Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Its night time and I am really craving some sugar. I probably should just go to bed. lol. I didn't eat any added sugar, however I am reading all the labels and seeing a lot of my foods have some sugar in it. For now, not eating the sweets is going to be my goal and I am going to stay mindful of what foods I eat that contain sugar. It will take some time, for sure!

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • darla499
    Options
    Its night time and I am really craving some sugar. I probably should just go to bed. lol. I didn't eat any added sugar, however I am reading all the labels and seeing a lot of my foods have some sugar in it. For now, not eating the sweets is going to be my goal and I am going to stay mindful of what foods I eat that contain sugar. It will take some time, for sure!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Congrats on making it through the day with no added sugar! Yep, the evenings are the hardest.

That's the goal ... start where you are and make consistent, healthy changes. It's a lifestyle change .. not a diet :wink:
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did well again. No added sugar at all. But must say banana saves me in the morning. I do the routine first thing after i wake up and need to fuel my muscle. Banana- and I can get through it. Even had more energy today= burnt more calories. it's a lot of sugar so maybe someone have a suggestion what i could replace it with. Did I say i add raisins to my bran oats instead of adding honey. I just can't eat this not being sweet. How other people can eat oats salted or just with water?
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my favorite add ins for oats are : natural peanut butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, berries (low in sugar), chopped nuts, or even a bit of canned pumpkin. I also add spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg to increase flavor with no sugar at all~

My Day 2 was good--- I too crave suagr at night time. I think I am going to experiement with making a no sugar added chia pudding or peach crisp so I can have a treat with only natural fruit sugars.

I am already craving the sugar less and less!
  • darla499
    Options
    I had never thought of adding some pumpkin to oatmeal. That sounds scrumptious!
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    No sweets all day. My only cravings are generally after dinner, when I'm in the habit of having something sweet. I used to have a fudgsicle pop which has no sugar added, but decided it still counts as sweets because it is chocolate. So instead I had a frozen banana that I'd put in the freezer a couple of days ago. The key is to make sure the banana is a little over-ripe so it's soft when frozen... it curbed my sweet tooth and I avoided chocolate!
    Also, I've switched to sugar-free coffee creamer, can't really taste too much of a difference so it's worth it. The no sugar strawberry preserves tasted a lot sweeter than I expected. It contains "fruit syrup" which I'm beginning to think is another word for sugar...
    It's all part of the learning process.
  • darla499
    Options
    No sweets all day. My only cravings are generally after dinner, when I'm in the habit of having something sweet. I used to have a fudgsicle pop which has no sugar added, but decided it still counts as sweets because it is chocolate. So instead I had a frozen banana that I'd put in the freezer a couple of days ago. The key is to make sure the banana is a little over-ripe so it's soft when frozen... it curbed my sweet tooth and I avoided chocolate!
    Also, I've switched to sugar-free coffee creamer, can't really taste too much of a difference so it's worth it. The no sugar strawberry preserves tasted a lot sweeter than I expected. It contains "fruit syrup" which I'm beginning to think is another word for sugar...
    It's all part of the learning process.

Good for you! The frozen banana sounds awesome. I've got some overly ripe bananas in my fridge right now that I'm going to do that with. I used to eat those fudgsicles everyday too. They're delicious.

I went shopping today and got my Krema all natural peanut butter and was looking for different preserves and stuff and ended up so frustrated with all the different "hidden" sugars that I walked out without buying any. Not sure what I'm going to do when it's time for my peanut butter sandwich. May have to get used to it without the spread :smile:

You're absolutely right ... part of the learning process.