What are your short term goals?

Options
dward59
dward59 Posts: 731 Member
Morning all. Why I am attempting to post pre-coffee is beyond me, but I was just reading something Cary posted and it struck a bell.

We have the monthly WL&M threads going and that is great. But she mentioned she has a different goal in mind. I'm sure we all do as well.

Here are some of mine to break up this huge chunk of "Gotta Lose" into mini goals that will keep me going (trimmed off those I've already met. This is long enough already:)

308 lbs. I was here in 1995. Doubt I've seen it since.

299 lbs. - Moving from Threedom into Twoterville on my way to Onderland where I want my new permanent home to be.

285 lbs. - My weight shortly after my son was born. Early 1994, right after a move to ID.

250 lbs - Pre 2nd baby weight gain, 1993.

238 lbs - Weight at birth of our daughter, 1992.

220 lbs - 1990 move to Phoenix area.

208 lbs - Weight when I married in 1989.

200 lbs - Doctor's Goal for me by November of 2014.

195 lbs - Only previous foray into Onederland as an adult.

185 lbs - I'm officially only overweight!

175 lbs - My Goal. If I could get here and stay here I would be down 300 lbs from my all time highest known weight!

159 lbs - Supposedly the high end of my weight range for my height per Insurance tables. May have been here in 8th grade...

So, those are all the way-stops I have plotted out, and why I chose them.

What about you? Have you thought about mini-goals?

Next, I'll consider setting up the ever present thread about rewards for reaching those goals, or if you do that type of thing.

Have a great day. I'm going for the coffee pot now. Really.

Replies

• just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    -pours a nice steaming cup of coffee and passes it on over-

I love how efficiently you've broken up your journey into mini goals!! I haven't thought about doing that, but there is one number I have been focusing on, and that is 242 - the lowest I have been since I was probably around 16 years old. I hit it about 4 years ago, but haven't seen it since and can't wait to drop down below and (ohmygoodness) see what the 230's feel like.

Of course, onward and downward from there.

Now, I will actually go and make me some coffee.
  • dward59
    Options
    Well Jess, I would say that it is wonderful that you are doing something about this before you have decades of goals to get back through!

Onward and Downward with dward, indeed!

Oh, thanks for the coffee. :drinker:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    This is great I have lots of those little steps too!

288 - one lbs less then the last time my doctor weighed me and the I'm not going to get a dirty look from her for gaining more weight
    275 - the weight when my doctor first weighed me 3 years ago and the last time I remember fitting in a booth when out to eat
    259- the weight I was when I moved to the city and started my long and painful last 4 years! At this weight I was at least active and able to enjoy things like going to the park! Also the weight at which I plan to treat mysellf to an expensive vacation lol!!
    230 - the weight I was when my son was born in 2005
    199 - the least I weighed since 16 I was this weight when my daughter was born in 1999 and I was pretty hot looking even for a chubby girl!
    175 - the weight I was from 14-16
    154 - lower then I ever remeber being and half my highest body weight
    105 - where I will never likely take my body but apparently it's the healthy weight for my height
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    105 - where I will never likely take my body but apparently it's the healthy weight for my height

NEVER say never. It's not going to happen tomorrow--or even next Thursday week, but if you keep going and going, even on weekends when you are not feeling your best, you can achieve ANYTHING. But the goals at the bottom of the list are not as important as the goals at the top.

It all starts with the first target on your list! Once you get there you can start working on the next one...

How likely did you think even starting this project was before you began it--already 9 pounds ago?

Perspectives change with both time and success.

And long before you even start to get close to your longest term goal, you are going to be looking and feeling better, every step of the way--except for the steps you take today, because you are feeling sick.

Go you!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I actually don't vision it as being a healthy weight for me, maybe that is because I have never been 105 lbs, or maybe its because it is far away, but you are right never say never. So correction

105 - a good healthy weight for my body size, height, type - but a weight that I have not yet set my sights on!
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    I love this! I have little milestone steps too!

312 - the highest weight I have even been and a number I will NEVER look at again!

289 - the weight I was at when I started exercising

270 - my weight after my daughter was born in 2010

245 - the weight I was at the last time I was wearing a size 16

242 - my weight when I started P90X! 2011

228 - my weight after my son's birth in 2005

206 - my weight at my wedding in 2003

202 - my weight when I graduated college in 2001

187 - the weight I was when I went to Germany in 2000

184 - the weight I was at when I fell off the wagon and started eating/drinking again in 2012

165 - my weight when I went bungee jumping in 1999!

155 - my ultimate goal weight!

143-146 - my weight in high school

I know I can get back there, no matter how long it takes! I just have to persevere and keep the junk food and alcohol out of my life, while keeping the exercise and good food in my life!
  • dward59
    Options
    Great mini-goals l0sing_it.

Now, the best part. We get to tick them off as we reach them! Buckle in for the ride.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!!

September 30: 210
    October 8 (my anniversary) 208
    November 16 (daughters bday) 203
    November 30 200 (let's go into the Holiday season close to the 199's :)

First short term goal 190 by February 1
    Second short term goal 180 by April 9 (Happy Birthday)

165 by July 4 Happy Independence day

That's it for now. After July 4 I'll reevaulate to see how i've done. :blushing:
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is such an interesting way to approach your goals. I guess I have never thought of my goals in terms of "the weight I was when" because I don't want this journey to be about my past, but rather my amazing future. My past was just as amazing because it's been my path and I am proud of who I have become because of that path. I am proud now, but I have taken measures to alter my path.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have mini goals, if not, I'd go crazy! :-) I just figure them out along the way! Right now, I will be thrilled hitting 299, then it's all onward and downward from there!!

I love seeing your mini goals outlined, so much success to celebrate along the way!!

CC
  • dward59
    Options
    CC - I understand where you are coming from. I'm not trying to live in the past, I'm looking at it as regaining lost abilities. It took me decades to yo-yo to where I got too, this is a reminder that as slow as I think it is going, it isn't going as slowly as the time it took to put it on! (Memo to self, stop whining about how slow this is going! lol)
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pretty short list
    - 409: highest-ever recorded weight (2006)
    - 360: weight when my second son was born (2012) - check
    - 334: weight when I first joined a gym (2008) - check
    - 309: 100 pounds lost from all-time high
    - 280: weight when my first son was born (2009)
    - 259: 150 pounds lost from all-time high
    - 210: "Is he a linebacker? He's small for a linebacker."
  • MommyLouLous
    MommyLouLous Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These are all the goals listed in my profile. Some are just numbers, some are associated with previous things. My other two goals are to fit into my wedding rings again and to come off of my medication for high blood pressure. I don't know where these two goals fit into the puzzle, but they're still important goals.

Goal 1: Lose 50 lbs.
    Goal 2: 312 (Below pre-pregnancy weight)
    Goal 3: 299
    Goal 4: Fit into my wedding rehearsal dress again (Will probably need to be about 290 to fit in it comfortably)
    Goal 5: 275
    Goal 6: Lose 100 lbs. (get paid by my dad!)
    Goal 7: 250
    Goal 8: 230
    Goal 9: Wear size 18/20 again
    Goal 10: 211 (smallest weight when I lost 70 lbs. on Atkins diet in 2004-2005)
    Goal 11: 199 (I can't remember when I last saw the 100s)
    Goal 12: No more plus size clothes!
    Goal 13: Lose 200 lbs. (WHOA!)
    Final goal: Weigh 150 lbs. (umm, that was my weight in 6th grade I think.)
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Weight Goals
    300 fifty pound challenge [x]
    299 bye bye 300s [x]
    275 drivers license weight-June [x]
    250 half way there-August sz 20 [x]
    230 obese category-October
    205 overweight-December
    199 bye bye 200s-January 13 my bday :)
    170 normal category-March
    150 target weight-May

BMI Classification
    18.5–24.9 normal weight
    25.0–29.9 overweight
    30.0–34.9 class I obesity
    35.0–39.9 class II obesity
    ≥ 40.0 class III obesity [x]
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Weight Goals
    300 fifty pound challenge [x]
    299 bye bye 300s [x]
    275 drivers license weight-June [x]
    250 half way there-August sz 20 [x]
    230 obese category-October
    205 overweight-December
    199 bye bye 200s-January 13 my bday :)
    170 normal category-March
    150 target weight-May

BMI Classification
    18.5–24.9 normal weight
    25.0–29.9 overweight
    30.0–34.9 class I obesity
    35.0–39.9 class II obesity
    ≥ 40.0 class III obesity [x]
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lous - Wow, great incentive (getting paid by your Dad)! Bring on the 100 pound loss!!

Demarii - Love your goals too...My B-Day is in January too!! And YOUR B-Day is my Anniversary!! 1/13 - that's a darn good day!!

CC
  • MommyLouLous
    MommyLouLous Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    CC, Yes! My brother and I were told that if one (or both) of us lose 100 lbs., he'd give us $1000! Definitely something to motivate me because we could sure use it!!
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oooh, here are mine:

478 (where I started!)
    450 - Achieved! Woo woo!
    425 - This is my next little mini goal, just a milestone on the way to...
    399 - Wow, a number that doesn't start with a 4 followed by two more digits would be so nice to see, it has been at least 8 years!
    378 - Whoo, my century club mark ;)
    350 - Because. I like things in 25ishes.
    325 - see above
    299 - OMG a weight that starts with a 2! Woo woo!
    **bunch of mini-25lbs increments*
    178 - my ultimate goal, and 1lb lower than I have been since I was 16.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Being British I get to have two sets of weight "milestones" - pounds and stones. There are 14lb in a stone.

I began my journey at 366 lbs which in British weights is 26 stone 2. So, we Brits can celebrate getting to under 26stone (i.e. 25stone 13)

I have hit my goal of being under 25stone!

I am currently 24stone 4

Now I want to be under 24stone!

I can also do it in pounds...

Milestones can be 350 pounds, 340 lbs etc.

But my INITIAL goal is to stick to my diet for TWO WEEKS.

Then a month, then three, then six, etc.
  • dward59
    Options

But my INITIAL goal is to stick to my diet for TWO WEEKS.

Then a month, then three, then six, etc.

Great goals! As mentioned on another thread..."Just one more..."
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd never thought of breaking down my goals this way (as some others have said) but it's such a nice idea. Really just great goals everyone :D And to 366to266 I'm a Brit too, and doing this in lbs I think I'm going to have next to know idea how much I actually weight (in a number that means something to me at least). I figure I'll work it out in stone every few months to see how it's looking hehe.