Plateau Already

Options
Okay fellow sleevers....I am 16 days out from surgery and I have lost 16lbs. But for the last 4 days the scale has not moved. It hasn't gone up but it hasn't gone down. I didn't expect to plateau this soon. Any ideas on what to do to break it? I am walking almost an hour a day for the last three days. Tracking food and I am not above 850 calories. Still eating soft proteins and liquid nothing else.

Beginning to get a little frustrated but it is just making me more determined to lose this weight.

Replies

• teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am one month out. Although I have not hit a stall yet, I anticipate it coming soon. From everything I have read, our bodies sometimes need to take a "breather" to get accustomed to the weight loss and may not let some weight go for short period of time. Just keep doing all the right things, and I am sure your scale will begin moving shortly. Hang in there and try not to get discouraged. You are doing great things for your health and future.
  • nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My wife, Cathy, is ready to throw the scale out the 2nd story window because it has indicated the same weight, even to the tenth of a pound, for about a week. We're told that 3 or 4 weeks is a legitimate plateau, so don't give up hope. Make sure your exercise is up to snuff, and I've heard occasional stories of people eating too little, which apparently sometimes causes plateaus. If you're doing all the right things, then rest easy - the weight will come off. If you're not - stop it, and do the right things!
  • celticcat15
    Options
    Plateaus happen fairly frequently, at least they did and still do for me. I will be 9 months out on 9/21. My first plateau happened right around 1 month, then at 3 months, then at 6 months. It can be frustrating especially when the weight is coming off at first between the plateaus so quickly. Keeping track of your food, exercise, and water are essential not just for the sake of keeping track but also for your piece of mind that you are within your guidelines and knowing that your body will adjust and continue to lose the weight. Hang in there.