Note to self...

Options
BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
Don't forget to read the ingredients label, REALLY READ them!
That little "contains milk" in the middle of the ingredients may explain my stomach making those strange and unusual sounds...oh well, live and learn.

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    whoops I have done that happens to us all I think
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you for sharing that! Every now and then I forget that not everyone bakes vegan :( my coworkers are forever making awesome stuff to bring to work to share :) which is SO sweet and most of them cook vegan so that I can endulge too :) which is even sweeter but not everyone :( the other day I ate a cookie and discovered later. I was SO ashamed! This was very...forgiving. I needed it. Thanks :)
  • veg_jen
    veg_jen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Pumpkin Spiced latte at Starbucks as milk in the mix so even if you ask for it to be made with soymilk, there is still milk in the pumpkin spice mix.

I'd already had two :-(

I was devastated. Good news is the gingerbread is dairy free!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Starbucks info. I was thinking of treating myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte. But not now that I know about the milk in the mix. I'll stick to my soy lattes & iced americanos.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware of that about the Starbucks pumpkin spice either...another note to self!
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My confusion is with all the body washes, conditioners and shampoos. I just bought a conditioner and when I got home I realized it had D3 in it......must they put animal products in everything?!?!
  • meeper123
    Options
    My confusion is with all the body washes, conditioners and shampoos. I just bought a conditioner and when I got home I realized it had D3 in it......must they put animal products in everything?!?!

ikr that's why I am making my own now its actually a lot of fun :D I make everything with castile soap can use it for about everything
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was a sad day for me when I discovered naan bread served in restaurants is made with yogurt. I've made some vegan naan at home and it was good, but when I am at an Indian restaurant I really enjoy naan but now must make another choice.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That plus finding out the rice in the grilled vegetable taco salad (ordered with no meat and no dairy) at a local Mexican restaurant is made with chicken broth -- waahh!
  • veg_jen
    Options
    For any body products I go for ones that are specifically labeled vegan.
  • DinahCakes
    DinahCakes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Pumpkin Spiced latte at Starbucks as milk in the mix so even if you ask for it to be made with soymilk, there is still milk in the pumpkin spice mix.

I'd already had two :-(

I was devastated. Good news is the gingerbread is dairy free!

Thanks! I didn't know about the gingerbread.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

ikr that's why I am making my own now its actually a lot of fun :D I make everything with castile soap can use it for about everything

I will have to start doing this too.
  • meeper123
    Options

I will have to start doing this too.

Its actually cheaper in the long run :)
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    as long as there is no malintent, I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone lives their lives the best way they know how. :)
  • veg_jen
    Options
    Thanks for the naan tip. I had some Trader Joe's in the fridge and it is made with yogurt. I found some at Whole Foods that isn't.

I'm bummed about Indian in general. I love Indian food but it is packed with dairy. :-(