Thoughts

Options
Since I've abandoned JM for running (had to pick 1 and JM is something I can always go back to) due to work and time and life........can I still hang with you all and chat?? I do moderate this board but I'm technically not shredding ATM..........

Also I may come and go for a bit....... Got some bad news today and its been a difficult evening. If I'm not replying, happy or as supportive as usual, p,ease understand its not any of you. My grandfather whom I'm close to, is 86..... They found a mass 3 weeks ago and we got results today. He has cancerous tumor the size of a grapefruit, that wasn't there last November in his lung. For quality of life purposes, there's nothing they can do because it is so aggressive. The doctors give him 6-8 months (my guess is probably less, but hoping to make it through the holidays). Hospice has been called in and starts tomorrow. My kids, 10 and almost 5, are struggling. My mother is struggling. And I am having a difficult time. Our family is very close. I didn't feel right not telling my children, and its tough knowing how much to tell them, but due to time.......we decided to tell them he is sick, which they knew, and he won't be with us much longer. I knew it would be this way but the reality of it is its never easy. I've been lucky enough to have my grandparents a very long time. My grandmother (dads mom) passed 8 yrs ago this December. Today I still have 3 living grandparents. Cancer sucks. I hate it with every ounce of my being. Death is a reality of life, although never easy.

I will be around here as I can be. May not change at all. But I'm sure I will change some due to stress. S thanks for understanding upfront. Good luck to you all with everything. You all rock.

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    This must be hard for u & the fam....... Just make sure to speak before it's to late. My best wishes are with u:flowerforyou: ....
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    We'll be here anytime you need some support. Not much can be said in such circumstances, but we can listen.
    Best wishes to your family.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    I'm sorry it's such bad news. Yes you can stay, :happy: It's not like we can monitor who has actually been doing it now can we, and some of our members haven't even logged on in 3 weeks. Here to natter as you like :heart:
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Thanks ladies :flowerforyou:
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    :( I can't see you being kicked from the group. And honestly if someone did kick you for that reason, I'd leave myself because that's not how you treat people.

I hope that things go as best they can... I know how rough it is
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My girls still don't know how to handle my mother's passing. And sometimes they bring it up crudely, they don't know any better, so be prepared. I still hear from time to time from my six year old, "your moms dead right?" It's hard, but I remind her that it's not nice to say it like that and it hurts me that she is gone.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Oh wow............... Not sure how I would respond to that :-( today was a decent day. TOM showed tonight, which hasn't helped. I ran myself silly this am and have been a bit numb. When you work with your mom like I do, and everyone knows the family, answering lots of questions made me feel sort of removed from the situation as a whole. I will be the support and such that mom needs through the school- and I can't be crying all the time so it may be a good role for me. Hubby has been worried about me all day. So far so good today. I'm sure it will be a day to day battle.

Off to bed. No run tomorrow. According to fitbit I've been getting less than 6 hrs sleep each night cuz I'm so restless. Even though I've been in bed 7-8 hours! I was restless 17 times last night. 15 the night before. Ugh!!!!!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    big hugs. if we can support each other through dealing with Jillian, then we can support you through this tough time.
    make sure you try to keep eating well. I know that for me if I am very stressed and upset I don't eat properly. hugs hugs hugs