Balancing Life/Exercise/Work/Play

Options
Ok ... Chime in : What are some of the ways you get your exercise in during the day with ALLLLLLLLL we have to do? Conventional and unconventional ways are all welcomed! :)

Replies

• CocoaCharm
    CocoaCharm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unconventional: If I want to watch television I've started exercising between commercials. The only problem is I can't really track it. I'll mostly do jumping jacks. Thinking of investing in an hrm to guesstimate my calories burned with these mini sessions.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So far I've been able to make it work, I workout everyday for at least an hour (I created a workout schedule so I know what I'm doing each day), volunteer with an dog rescue org (fostering and coordinating adoption events) and I belong to a group of professional women of color where we get together for events once a month or so, usually on the weekends, not to mention work an 8 hour day. I'm fortunate that I have flexible hours, because if I do have plans after work, sometimes I'll leave early to get my workout in before I go play. I'm sure something will come up eventually that will throw a wrench into my perfectly scheduled life; elderly grandmother, work obligations, etc, just hope it happens after I get these last 21 lbs off.
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I workout six days a week. I work a full time job during the day and I usually get off at 2pm. Once I am off I workout at home. My latest addiction is mydailyburn.com. You do different workouts every day. I wake up every morning at 5:30 to get ready for work. I have been thinking about waking up at 5am instead to do a half an hour workout before I take my shower. Its been tough sometimes working out since i have two kids but seeing the scale go down and my husband cant keep his hands off me it motivates me more. He always tell me he loves my body no matter what but now that I am down 20 pounds my confidence is getting way better and he finds that sexy.
  • MotherMadamTransformed
    Options
    I wake up at 5am for "ME TIME" (one whole hour dedicated to me)... 5-530 I workout, then afterwards I read my daily devotional and the bible, shower and dress, then prepare breakfast for my kids and I... My goal is to workout 6 days a week until I make some progress but usually I end up doing only 5 days during the work week...
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use to wake up at 5am and workout for about 30-45 minutes. Then I stopped and said I will do it after work which is not going to well, so my weightloss has stalled. Looking at the responses so far it seems that knocking it out first thing in the morning is the only way to ensure it gets done.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I walk everyday at work on my lunch for at least 30 minutes at a good pace, then I also work out with a personal trainer for an hour 3 times a week. I've lost 35 lbs. and lost a lot of inches all over my body and had to change the way I eat. Started eating more healthy and drinking more water, cut out sodas, red meat and pork. I feel much better, less bloated and I have more energy than ever.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    There are a few things that I do. Some days I only do one of these, other days I do two or three - but I get my activity in!!!

1. Get up at 5am, take one of the dogs for a walk/job for about an hour, the immediately shower and dress for work.
    2. Take advantage of my company's wellness program, using 30 minutes of company time to walk/jog at the park across the street.
    3. Eat lunch as my desk while one the clock, then use my actual lunch break to walk/job at the park across the street.
    4. As soon as I get home from work, I change into workout clothes and get 30-60 minutes of workout in.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I should add that it only works (for me) to workout after work if I change and go back out IMMEDIATELY.
    If I sit down or get involved in doing something else (cooking dinner, chit chat, etc), 4 out of 5 times, I don't workout after work.
  • davisjojo
    Options
    I walk 1.5 miles to work and 1.5 miles home 5 days a week and try to do zumba 2 days..
    I've been doing this since May. With the winter coming, I will zumba 5 days a week maybe once before work and after work for 3 days