I cut my hair

Options
emirror
emirror Posts: 842 Member
So, after bleaching the living hell out of my hair, I had to cut it. I took off about 5 inches last night. I'm back up to armpit length. It feels so short! You guys, I was like, 6 inches away from waist! :-( I'm totally bummed.

The good news is that I got most of the really bad damage out. I've been wearing it twisted up for the past few days, so I can't really see that it is shorter now. I think I'm going to have to keep it pulled up for the next 6 months while I regain my length.

So. Bummed.

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Awww. I would be bummed too. (((hugs)))
  • emirror
    Options
    Thank you! The pity party continues.... It turns out I still need to take off another inch or so. I have an appointment next month for a cut, so I'm just going to leave it alone. My self-trim looks good, so I'm doing my best to not pick up my scissors.

I am going to come back here and read this over and over again, should I ever have the impulse to mess with my hair again.

No matter how badly I want to dye it dark brown...
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! you cut it!!!!??? Well, I guess it was for the best.. No use in having long hair if its a fried mess.lol. No worries Love you're still beautiful and it will grow back in no time. XOXO :flowerforyou:
  • emirror
    Options
    Thanks, Curvi! I'm starting to get used to it. Since I blunt cut it, it looks super thick now. My ponytail still goes just past my shoulders, so that helps.

I cannot believe how damaged my hair was/is. Three years of growing it out, right down the drain because I just HAD to color it, and strip it, and color it again, and bleach it, and bleach it some more, and then color it again. Booooooo!