September Goals

Options
Hi hot mamas!

What are your fitness goals for September??

I lost 8 pounds in August. This month, I'm going to focus more on physical endurance and less on weight loss (though of course I will take it if I get it!)

This week I plan on doing a lot of running. Last night I did 2 miles, this morning the same 2 miles. There is a chance I will be running a half marathon towards the end of the month (I entered a giveaway competition for free entry and there's a good chance I'll win) and I feel I need to eat plenty to fuel my mileage. I can walk 13 miles but would rather have the ability to run most of it! Yes, I already saw a small gain on the scale (sob) but it's glycogen and water refueling my running muscles, so I can totally deal with that.

How about you?

Replies

• crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi!

great work on losing 8 pounds!! and good luck with the running!!

for me, this month i want to be under 160..157 or 158. to run every other day and to finish body revolution..to stay as close as possible to 1300 calories.
    and to check in here every week.:)
    for this week i do not set up to many goals.im a a teacher and this is a hard week for me..and my kid is transitioning too and this is even harder .
    so for this week to run in the weekend and to stay with my calories..and to i hope to see 162 on the scale on saurday morning.:)
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    September is a month of new beginnings for me. After 2-1/2 months, we finally moved out of my ex-boyfriend's house into our own place, my twin boys started 1st grade yesterday and an intense friendship/love interest of mine came to a sudden end. My goal is to rise above the pain and heartbreak and use the emotion that I feel every minute of everyday to fuel myself. It's time to focus on ME and getting myself back to where I look in the mirror and see the strong, independant woman I am rather than a broken girl who wasn't good enough.

I've been stuck in the same 4 pound range since the end of May and it's due time to make some changes. My goal is to stick to the workout schedule I am creating for the month. I'm combining all the programs and things I love. I'm going to eat between 1587-1683 calories everyday (depending on the intensity of my workouts for the week). I'm going to make it a point to get to bed at a decent time and I am going to make sure I have time for friends and laughter...

I will weigh-in on Wednesdays.
    SW (9/4): 185.4

9/11:
    9/18:
    9/25:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone :)

I'm 25, 5'1", currently working but put in my 2 weeks notice to be with my toddler.

SW 167
    CW 151
    GW 132

I lost 8lbs in July & another 8 in August. I hope to lose 5lbs this month. I want to eat healthier, not just staying below calories, and work out 4X week.

I hope we all reach our goals!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My goals for this month are pretty much the same as August. I want to drop at least 5 lbs(which I failed to do in August), and increase my strength in weight lifting. I am determined to do better and eat within my caloric goal the majority of the month even though I am starting to feel stretched thin in my schedule.
    Between working 10 hour days, going to night school, and having two kids with their own activities it will be very hard to eat right and workout. But I can do it!
    I wish everyone luck in reaching their goals!

CW-132
    GW-127

9/5 -132
    9/12-
    9/19-
    9/26-
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This month's goal for my is to finally be under 140 and stay under!!! I am at 143.2 as of today, so I see this as a doable thing. I have just been playing so many mind games with myself that I feel like I will never get to my pre baby weight even though it is so close at 136.
  • suzumichan1
    suzumichan1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im going to try for 5-10 lbs lost. I weigh in day is Monday.

CW:250.2
    GW:245.2-240.2

Week 1: 09/9/13:
    Week 2: 09/16/13:
    Week 3: 09/23/13:
    Week 4: 09/30/13:
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I found out yesterday that my fasting cholesterol was 270, so I really need to get back to eating healthily. I am going to ease off the fried foods, rich stuff, ice cream, and donuts. I was doing really well for awhile, but when I got down to 136, I stopped trying as hard. I need to start going to the gym again, but I have been having car trouble and crazy work schedule. now that school has started, I think I should be able to keep up with my workload better.

I'm excited though b/c my employer is a healthy worksite that is offering coaching for the next 12 months and incentives/fitness activities. That's how I found out about my cholesterol. So we shall see!

Good luck to everyone on your goals!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome everyone! Glad to see all these goals, very sensible group!

I ran 2-4 miles a day all last week, and timed myself on Thursday night and ran 5.18 miles in one hour. Friday and Saturday were my rest days. I did win an entry into the half marathon scheduled for 9-21-2013, I am scared and excited! I usually run on the road/sidewalk, I have a few routes mapped out on Google, but there's a lot of rain in my neck of the woods this week so I'll be doing a lot of indoor, treadmill running. Which will be just fine for my endurance training, just visually boring as anything.

Current struggles: Finding time, eating enough calories to fuel my run, eating enough protein. I am consistently up a pound from my weigh-in before starting my running goals, and it's depressing, but I need to focus on health instead of weight right now.

Goals this week:
    -Run every day, 30-60 minutes per day, rest day on Thursday instead of Friday
    -Run 7+ miles on Friday afternoon as I have asked the day off of work for morning appointments anyway. Would love to hit 10 miles if possible; if I can run 10 miles and walk the last 3, I'll have this thing in the bag.
    -Stop by the health food store and get some supplements so I can see what works for me.
    -Focus on protein! I need to double what I'm getting naturally so I don't run off all my lean mass.
    -Quit with the daily weigh-ins. They have Nothing to do with my current goals.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I want to be under 200 by my birthday (Sept 23) OR lose some good inches.
  • lil22tada
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started my weight loss journey. I've lost 10lbs. so far and for the month of sept. I would love to lost another 10- (but i'd be happy with 5) and start up my walking and resistance training. However, mostly I am focused on just keeping up eating healthy whole foods and staying motivated toward my goals. :) Happy September everyone!!!
  • kacieluzier
    kacieluzier Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)
    So, my goal is to get back on the bandwagon and stop eating all the time.
    I'd LOVE to lose 10 pounds before October, so we'll see how this goes :)
  • kgerm317
    Options

9/11: 182.6 (-2.8 lbs)
    9/18:
    9/25:

So much has changed in just a week! My stress level has gone WAY down, I'm sleeping better AND I found that I LOVE jogging! When I tried the C25K app back in April, I was discouraged. I didn't enjoy it AT ALL. But last Wednesday, I met up with my best friend at the local middle school to walk. She was getting ready for a 5K so I decided to give jogging a try. She told me to start slow- and matched my pace (which was VERY VERY slow). When my RunKeeper app said 5 minutes, I couldn't believe it- I don't know if I've ever jogged a full 5 minutes. So when I hit 30 minutes, I was so proud (my total workout was 1.82 miles in 35:16 so you can see I'm not lying when I say VERY slow!) But I jogged the entire time! I got up and met her again Saturday morning (and bettered my time and distance going 2.63 miles in 49:03) The high I get from jogging is amazing. I crave it! So Monday, instead of walking, we jogged at lunch. I completed the mile in 15:11. I did have to stop and walk for about 25 seconds because the pace was a bit fast for me. Then, yesterday, after a big dinner, I was feeling overindulged and like I needed to blow off some steam. I completed 2 miles in 34:30!

Needless to say, my fitness goals have changed- I want to jog. Like all the time. LOL But I am going to shoot for 8 miles this week. And hopefully I'll continue to better my time. My plan is to do kettlebell or some form of strength 2-3x a week as well.

My food goals are to incorporate more protein. With the increased intensity of my workouts, I know it's important to eat enough and properly. I am planning to do some baking so that I have quick, healthy snacks for before/after jogging.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, EVERYONE!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Hello and welcome everyone! Glad to see all these goals, very sensible group!

I ran 2-4 miles a day all last week, and timed myself on Thursday night and ran 5.18 miles in one hour. Friday and Saturday were my rest days. I did win an entry into the half marathon scheduled for 9-21-2013, I am scared and excited! I usually run on the road/sidewalk, I have a few routes mapped out on Google, but there's a lot of rain in my neck of the woods this week so I'll be doing a lot of indoor, treadmill running. Which will be just fine for my endurance training, just visually boring as anything.

Current struggles: Finding time, eating enough calories to fuel my run, eating enough protein. I am consistently up a pound from my weigh-in before starting my running goals, and it's depressing, but I need to focus on health instead of weight right now.

Goals this week:
    -Run every day, 30-60 minutes per day, rest day on Thursday instead of Friday
    -Run 7+ miles on Friday afternoon as I have asked the day off of work for morning appointments anyway. Would love to hit 10 miles if possible; if I can run 10 miles and walk the last 3, I'll have this thing in the bag.
    -Stop by the health food store and get some supplements so I can see what works for me.
    -Focus on protein! I need to double what I'm getting naturally so I don't run off all my lean mass.
    -Quit with the daily weigh-ins. They have Nothing to do with my current goals.

That's really amazing!! I strive to be a better runner! You're doing great!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options

9/18:
    9/25:

So much has changed in just a week! My stress level has gone WAY down, I'm sleeping better AND I found that I LOVE jogging! When I tried the C25K app back in April, I was discouraged. I didn't enjoy it AT ALL. But last Wednesday, I met up with my best friend at the local middle school to walk. She was getting ready for a 5K so I decided to give jogging a try. She told me to start slow- and matched my pace (which was VERY VERY slow). When my RunKeeper app said 5 minutes, I couldn't believe it- I don't know if I've ever jogged a full 5 minutes. So when I hit 30 minutes, I was so proud (my total workout was 1.82 miles in 35:16 so you can see I'm not lying when I say VERY slow!) But I jogged the entire time! I got up and met her again Saturday morning (and bettered my time and distance going 2.63 miles in 49:03) The high I get from jogging is amazing. I crave it! So Monday, instead of walking, we jogged at lunch. I completed the mile in 15:11. I did have to stop and walk for about 25 seconds because the pace was a bit fast for me. Then, yesterday, after a big dinner, I was feeling overindulged and like I needed to blow off some steam. I completed 2 miles in 34:30!

Needless to say, my fitness goals have changed- I want to jog. Like all the time. LOL But I am going to shoot for 8 miles this week. And hopefully I'll continue to better my time. My plan is to do kettlebell or some form of strength 2-3x a week as well.

My food goals are to incorporate more protein. With the increased intensity of my workouts, I know it's important to eat enough and properly. I am planning to do some baking so that I have quick, healthy snacks for before/after jogging.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, EVERYONE!!:flowerforyou:

That's great! You're doing so good! Congrats on the jogging!!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    I found out yesterday that my fasting cholesterol was 270, so I really need to get back to eating healthily. I am going to ease off the fried foods, rich stuff, ice cream, and donuts. I was doing really well for awhile, but when I got down to 136, I stopped trying as hard. I need to start going to the gym again, but I have been having car trouble and crazy work schedule. now that school has started, I think I should be able to keep up with my workload better.

I'm excited though b/c my employer is a healthy worksite that is offering coaching for the next 12 months and incentives/fitness activities. That's how I found out about my cholesterol. So we shall see!

Good luck to everyone on your goals!

I have high cholesterol & triglyceride levels & that was my wake up call to lose weight. My kiddo needs her mama to be healthy. Good luck on your journey!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone :)

I'm 25, 5'1", currently working but put in my 2 weeks notice to be with my toddler.

SW 167
    CW 151
    GW 132

I lost 8lbs in July & another 8 in August. I hope to lose 5lbs this month. I want to eat healthier, not just staying below calories, and work out 4X week.

I hope we all reach our goals!

CW 9/11 150lbs

I've kind of stalled out this month thus far even though I've been working out more & eating the same. I'm going to add more fruits & veggies into my diet & go from there. This happened to me last year. I always stall out around 150-145lbs. It really weird
  • lmasasa
    lmasasa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i lost approx 4lbs last month, so far have stalled this month but would like to continue the trend ! I am hoping to kick box twice a week.
    Weigh in 132.4 9/7/13, I would like to be under 130 by the end of the month.
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    CW-132
    GW-127

9/5 -132
    9/12- 129
    9/19-
    9/26-
    Yay I'm down a few! I need to stick with it because this is the place where I have been getting comfortable and yo yoing at. Still have to keep my goal weight of 120 in sight!
  • Jenn_Mannino
    Jenn_Mannino Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just want to have less to carry with me while chasing after my son! lol :happy:
  • kgerm317
    Options

9/18: 182.6 (no change)
    9/25:

I'm not completely displeased with this. I would have liked to see the 181 I saw on Friday, but I'll get there.

I have done okay with eating. I've been incorporating more protein and fiber into my diet and trying to cut back on the added sugars. I was a lot closer to my goal everyday this week, too. Since the emotional stress has lessened greatly, my appetite seems to be back.

I have been doing really well with the jogging (When I started on the 4th, I was running a 19 minute mile and yesterday I did 2 miles with an average pace of 14:14). I really enjoy the way it makes me feel afterwards. I still haven't done any strength, though. I need to get my butt in gear and start doing something... even just 15 minutes of kettlebell a couple times a week would be better than nothing.

Hopefully everyone has had a successful week :flowerforyou: