Do it on the Daily

Options
I thought it would be nice to have a thread we could check-in with our daily thoughts, struggles, routines, questions, or motivational needs. Sometimes I need advice or just want to share with others without going on the main board. Sometimes those can be scary. :)

I like this little group Mark started.

Replies

• Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I know that I need to kick it in gear to finish getting the last of my flab off, but have struggled as many of you know. I still haven't been logging my food and haven't been planning my meal ahead of time either. I do have a plan to change that starting this weekend.

I haven't struggled with the working out, but I think my poor meal planning has caught up. Today it took every ounce of energy I had to get up and workout. I was just so tired. I did it and did it well, so that is a victory but my butt could have skipped had I not pushed myself.

What is everyone else up to today?
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So I know that I need to kick it in gear to finish getting the last of my flab off, but have struggled as many of you know. I still haven't been logging my food and haven't been planning my meal ahead of time either. I do have a plan to change that starting this weekend.

I often find that its hard for me to do both things well at the same time. If I eat really well, I don't exercise. And when I exercise I don't eat very well. I have been struggling a lot lately myself for a variety of reasons. Something kicked in this week and I decided it was time for no more excuses. This group was a huge help in getting me motivated. I have been stuck at the same 15 pounds lost for quite some time now so I decided to reset my starting weight in the hopes that it would motivate me to do a better job with logging and exercising and see the scale move again (hopefully another 15 pounds). I hope things get better for you. Good luck.
  • ibculverized
    Options
    I have had a good week so far. I finally hit my goal of 10 miles tonight on the bike and elliptical (a combined total). I have been eating right, but I am struggling with getting in all my water for the day. I am so glad I found this group as well. I am having fun posting and getting encouraging post from others. It has helped me to stay motivated. I am excited to see how we all do with this challenge. Good Luck and stay focused!

Tracy
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know! The idea of having to post weekly that I haven't lost any weight sounds depressing. Getting the fire back in my step to shed these pounds!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello!! My week has been up & down. I had a NSV at the gym on Wednesday, which put me in a better mood seeing how much stronger I'm getting. But I still haven't lost anything in 3 weeks :( Really disappointing, In fact I have gained a pound. I'm hoping because I'm doing more strength training instead of a ton of cardio that that's the reason. I hope it pays off, sometimes I feel like strength training is a waste of time (not sure why, I guess I feel like I didn't burn many calories).

Well back at the gym tonight & going to talk with a nutritionist, hopefully he can help with a few questions I have. I hope everyone have a good weekend & kick *kitten*! :)
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well here today. I'm battling a little bit of a cold and ALL I want to do is sleep. My run Tuesday was great, but not since. Wednesdays was too chaotic to fit one in, yesterday I only managed about half of what I wanted to do before I was sore and tired, and we were so disorganized and moving so slowly this morning that I didn't get one in before we needed to start school for the day. I'm hoping I can go tonight, but we still have quite a must-do list for the day and I'm already falling asleep on my feet. Ugh.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am craving fast food!!!! I am comparing all the veggie burgers because I said ABSOLUTELY NO FRIES lol. So if I have a veggie burger then I wont have any cals left...ah, the dilemma (because its only 145here) I COULD exercise really hard. Hmm.. But if I really want to meet my goal...BLAHHHH
  • maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Steffani - thanks for starting this thread! We have to remember that not all days can be "good" days; sometimes we need a break. As far as meal planning, maybe we should start another thread to share tips and tricks for pre-planning throughout the week? And maybe another for recipes? Although there are other groups already devoted to that topic.
    bksecker - I agree, spending more time on workouts means less for cooking/eating properly. But glad to hear you've gotten re-motivated!!
    srenea - omg, stick with the lifting!!! Back when I was lifting heavy I weighed ten pounds more and was considerably smaller than I am now! Muscle eats up a lot of calories, and takes far less volume than fat. It's the key to my plan of getting my old body back!
    Dirtmagnets - take time to recover! You don't want to burn yourself out. In the long run a couple of days to get well and regroup will be soooo worth it. Remember, not every day can be a good day, and that's perfectly okay.
    Tara - I wouldn't deny myself the fries (or anything else) if I were you... if you're a binger like me, you'll eventually explode and gobble down a huge pile without even tasting them. Get a small fry, and toss half out (in the trash, unrecoverable). Eat the rest slowly, and savor the treat. Veggie burgers are an awesome compromise! Heck, if it makes you feel better, toss out some of the bun.
    Everyone else - awesome achievements!!

For myself, I already know today will be a train wreck... in lieu of my evening cardio and dog walk, I'm going to a dinner party with lots of WINE. So not only will I not burn calories, but I'm sure I'll consume more than if I stayed home. Will I make it up tomorrow? Repent for my caloric sins? Nope! In fact, tomorrow is a road trip, so not looking too good either! But I'll get back on the horse Sunday, probably. And pick up where I left off. That's the great thing about this... One day at a time. And you never know what a day will bring.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Steffani :

Im so glad you started another thread especially for this reason. It makes me feel good to see you all appreciate this group and I sure need it too. I didn't lose a thing this week and I exercised my butt off :) I can so relate to either eating right or exercising well. When I exercise its so easy to tell myself.. Yeah you burned so many calories.. who cares what I eat or drink.. Im sure that's why I didn't lose anything this week.

Please feel free to keep adding threads and making our group a better place for all of us to benefit. Tips & Tricks sounds like a good idea too

Tara, I am such a fast food junkie myself. Can you do some exercise and then just do a little fast food or better choices? I had a Grilled Chicken Sand from McDonalds that was def better than the fried version and about 200 cals less.
  • ibculverized
    Options
    I was just looking for a good place to find recipes. I think it would be great to have a thread to put our favorite dishes. I have seen some pretty yummy food on our friends diary's. Tips and Tricks would be fun to have. I like the idea of encouraging and helping our group out in every way possible so we don't have to search other group's for information. It is hard to keep up with a bunch of different groups and makes it hard to get to know people.

Thanks Steffani!!
  • TaraRichardson913
    Options
    I ended up getting a vegetarian sandwich from KFC (500cals) and going to wii for an hour later. I am way past my calorie amount and I didn't eat a dinner... maybe some salad will make me feel better!

Work is really where I get into trouble-- the fries there are SO good! lol And during 12 hours they are very appetizing.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Where do you work Tara?
  • TaraRichardson913
    Options
    I work at a mental health hospital in Whitby, ON. I do two 8's and two 12's so I get Fridays off. And some mornings before the 12's I go to the gym but I find it gives me more energy and I feel better.
    Now I am off to blast calories on my dancing zumba wii game :D
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I really struggle staying under my daily calorie goal. However, my net calories haven't been going over 1400-1500 so it's still a victory. Today, I was so tired I gave in and had 20oz of soda. Had I not done that, I would have been golden. Oh well. I will purchase caffeine pills to prep for days like these. On the positive, I've been working out regularly. Did some sprints this morning. I've also been taking my vitamins (prenatal, fish oil, biotin, lutein) regularly to help with overall health.
  • kittiesandfarts
    Options
    I work 2 12s on weekends and those days are the hardest to the calories down. I feel your pain.
  • kittiesandfarts
    Options
    Get your sleep! If you don't sleep your body will want more food. Maybe call today a rest day?
  • kittiesandfarts
    Options
    Hello!! My week has been up & down. I had a NSV at the gym on Wednesday, which put me in a better mood seeing how much stronger I'm getting. But I still haven't lost anything in 3 weeks :( Really disappointing, In fact I have gained a pound. I'm hoping because I'm doing more strength training instead of a ton of cardio that that's the reason. I hope it pays off, sometimes I feel like strength training is a waste of time (not sure why, I guess I feel like I didn't burn many calories).

Well back at the gym tonight & going to talk with a nutritionist, hopefully he can help with a few questions I have. I hope everyone have a good weekend & kick *kitten*! :)

I find that when I'm strength training, it's better to focus on improvments rather than calories. Strength training is great because you can feel results everyday. The sore muscles the next day make me so happy cause it means I'm getting stronger.
  • TaraRichardson913
    Options
    1400-1500 calories is GREAT!
    Especially if you are exercising too!
    Where do you work? BOO on the weekends! (At least mine are through the week! lol)
  • kittiesandfarts
    Options
    I work security for my local transit agency. It's one of the reasons I gained so much weight, I got in the habit of eating two full mcdonalds meals a day. YIKES! Adds up to about 3000 cals a day. But, I will not be doing that anymore!
  • kittiesandfarts
    Options
    So yesterday, my husband went out and bought me two 12 packs of soda. fml. wtf? I can't decide if he's trying to sabotage me, or if he's just plain stupid. He probably thinks he's helping. I'm irritated, but I guess it will be a good way for me to test my resolve? He also bought two half gallons of ice cream (my favorite kinds) when I asked him to pick me up a Mcdonalds fudge sunday. I'm incredibly irked. I know it's more cost effective to buy the half gallons... but we're not worried about money, we're worried about my weight. I will glady pay more, for less food.