PCOS Awareness Month.

Options
Just thought I would let everyone know that September is PCOS Awareness Month. I am going to do everything I can tell help inform more people about PCOS. I am sharing info on my MFP profile and on my Facebook Weightloss Journey page. Many people have PCOS and don't realize it, plus many people don't know anything about PCOS and don't understand our struggle. The more people we reach out to, the more people understand.

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Very cool. I tell people about it all the time. There is so much shame that is often wrapped up in the symptoms of this syndrome that talking about it can be freeing.
  • Thanx for sharing, I have pcos... Didn't know September was pcos awareness month :)'s
  • KimmeeMee
    Options
    I bought a few PCOS tee shirts from CafePress and Zazzle a couple of years ago to wear during September! (Also my birthday month!) :)

This year, I'm hosting a PCOS Awareness Fundraiser on my Scentsy website. That way when my customers buy, they can choose to buy through my PCOS Party, and all of the commission I make from that specific party, I can donate to the PCOS Foundation! I have a lot of people who followed me when I used to do my Youtube Vlogs when we were TTC, plus family and friends. When I posted the picture of my kids and I with the link and described about wanting to donate my commission, they were very supportive! Everyone started sharing it on facebook. I'm excited!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Kimmee
  • KimmeeMee
    Options
    Thank you! I'm very excited to be doing the Fundraiser. It's the first time I've ever really done something like this. I made little printout flyers that say "Did you know? Your Consultant... Fights Like A Girl!" and it goes on to say September is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month and all about the fundraiser party on my Scentsy site.

I've already gotten e-mails and a phonecall asking about PCOS. WOO! And it's only the first week of the month!!!