Im new.....NOWHININGEVER

Options
Hi everyone!!! Im 56 and have been married 37 years to a great man! We have 2 grown children. A son 30 married with 2 kids....4 year old boy and 2 year old girl...A daughter 26 married with no children as of now. I love my family and would do ANYTHING for them. But if I dont get myself at a healthy weight Im not going to be around as long as I want to be. Other than my weight Im in pretty good health. No other huge problems. Thank god.

I have 90 to 100 pounds to lose. When I made my profile I decided this time to make smaller goals for myself. So instead of looking at this HUGE amount of weight to lose Im breaking the 100 pounds down into 10 goals. I joined MFP again 2 weeks ago August 1st. I need to start walking again to get myself going in the right direction. Please help!!!!

Replies

• charianna
    charianna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting a weight problem since I remember. My #1 supporter just died on me and I'm 52. I too have been on weight watching and have lost and gained. My daughter introduced me to MFP. and been on it since April... I've lost about 30 pounds. It's new and I'm nerves and scared. As my two kids run the risk of falling in my failed footsteps. They try to movement me but they are facing the same bad habits as I. I've been a not so great role model... The lost of my dad dying has caused to be depressed, the lack of not being able to call him has left a emptiness a void in my life. This why I'm reaching out to whom ever is willing to motivate me and or each other, for that matter. So who's up to helping each other get better, not bitter? With warm regards, Chari
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, small, achievable goals. It looks like you are hitting 20 pounds, is this right, congrats!
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Chari:
    It sounds as if you are doing really good, 30 pounds down, that is being a good role model and helps all of us who need motivation. How is it going now? What did you ever do to move that 30 pounds, it seems like nothing I do ever moves anything.