Calories burned.... UHG

Options
chantels1
chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
Is it just me, or is it annoying when your friends are burning 300 calories walking, while you are burning 100 doing the same walk??? I get that they have more weight to carry, so it's harder and they burn faster, because of that, but I find it totally de-motivating.

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Totally!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way when I see people say they burned like 600 doing this or that knowing if I did the same thing I would probably only burn 200 lol...
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    Counting calories consumed helps keep us on track, but counting calories BURNED can be counter-productive. That sort of thinking can reinforce a bad pattern of using food as a reward (ie. "I ran today, so I can eat pizza, ice cream, etc for dinner) which puts you farther away from your fitness goals.

Every day you exercise and stick to eating a nutrient-rich, whole food diet, gets you closer to having the body you want. Ignore the numbers and focus on the fact what you're doing is GOOD FOR YOUR BODY :)
  • nihaotina
    Options
    YES! Oh LORD yes! My sister in law burned 500 cals verses my average 270 cals :noway: