Bad Headaches- Newbie

Options
eprybs
eprybs Posts: 36 Member
Anyone else get bad headaches early on? OUCH!

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    When do you get the headaches? Is it from a lot of bending over/standing up?
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    more water! spread throughout the day of course...
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree. Make sure you're drinking water throughout the day! Not drinking enough water and NOT exercising will give you a headache. Imagine hard work and sweating it out on top of it. Drink drink drink!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Add my voice to the chorus of "more water"! Dehydration, even slight dehydration, can wreak havoc and headaches are a pretty good indicator that you are mildly to moderately dehydrated. Other symptoms include:

Dry, sticky mouth
    Sleepiness or tiredness — children are likely to be less active than usual
    Thirst
    Decreased urine output — no wet diapers for three hours for infants and eight hours or more without urination for older children and teens
    Few or no tears when crying
    Dry skin
    Constipation
    Dizziness or lightheadedness

Drink up!!! Your body will thank you for it!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    To add another option - I get migraines if I go too low on my carbs throughout the day. This is true whether I workout or not, but I definitely need more carbs daily since starting CF.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    To add another option - I get migraines if I go too low on my carbs throughout the day. This is true whether I workout or not, but I definitely need more carbs daily since starting CF.

I was going to add this one as well. If you switched up your diet to low carb you could either be eating too few carbs or just eating two few calories. Either one can give you a whopper of a headache.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1. dehydration

2. high blood pressure

3. too much caffeine

4. too few carbs

#2 requires a doctor visit, the rest can be tested easily by trial and error.