Anyone WOD at a "regular" gym by him/herself?

_Amy_Budd
_Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
Hey all,

I used to belong to a Box, now I'm at a more traditional gym, and I'd like to start WOD-ing again. I don't have the cash for both memberships, and I'm staying where I am, at least for the time being.

So. Anyone? Tips/tricks/hacks/advice very welcome... I would be grateful for any shared wisdom!

Thanks...

:)
Amy

Replies

• kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    I know I used to WOD at a regular gym and it's tricky to do, and you have to be creative in how you do the WOD's. I know one tip is that most gyms (at least the one I went to), don't have kettlebells, so I just used equal dumbell weight and swung by holding the end of it. You need a good grip on it, but it still gets the job done.

Good luck!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Hey all,

I used to belong to a Box, now I'm at a more traditional gym, and I'd like to start WOD-ing again. I don't have the cash for both memberships, and I'm staying where I am, at least for the time being.

So. Anyone? Tips/tricks/hacks/advice very welcome... I would be grateful for any shared wisdom!

Thanks...

:)
    Amy

Yeah I would try to get my equipment lined up and/or stick to WODS that dont' require me to run from station to station.

Toughest part is keeping yourself honest and pushing as hard as you can. Once you really get into a painful WOD your brain starts to play those "you've done enough, ease up" tricks on you.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Another sad reality is most globogyms don;t even have the correct CrossFit equipment. Some don't even allow ANY CF exercises at all. You may want to consider investing in your own small set of equipment and WOD in your garage. LOL
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Yeah, I'd be more apt to WOD at home than a reg gym. But I'd miss the comradery too much now that I'm starting to meet people. I'm not sure how you were ever able to step away from that.