DS'ers Supporting One Another through accountability?

Options
melissa44
melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
Hello fellow DS'ers

My name is Melissa and I am a 50 year old wife and mother to three girls, a Registered Nurse in a NICU for the last 25 years + and a fellow DS patient :)

I had my DS @ USC in Los Angeles with Dr. Gary Anthone and went from 400 pounds to 200. In the last 8 years I have regained about 30 pounds, that I am actively trying to relose.

If you would be interested in having a daily accountability group where we can encourage one another to exercise and use our DS tool to the best of its ability and lose some weight, lets support one another through this journey :)

Anyone interested or have any suggestions ?
Melissa

Replies

• Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melissa. I need some accountability! We can call it support, love or a kick in the pants if accountability seems too punitive. :bigsmile:

Here's my story:

I had the Duodenal Switch (DS) in June 2010 with Dr. David Greenbaum in New Jersey. I lost 110 lbs, got down to a 21 BMI and a size 2, and have been loving life!

Recently, some pounds have been creeping back on. Eating bags of chips and cookies probably hasn't helped. ;) I have been doing a lot of socializing where junk food is the standard fare. I've seen an addition of six pounds (6 lbs).

Six pounds may not seem like a lot, but I am so afraid that I will gain 10, then 20, then 50 and so on and not be able to get myself under control. So, I'm here to help get myself back on track. My goals are:

1) To keep my protein count up
    2) To cut my carb count down
    3) To exercise at least 30 minutes daily
    4) To get my fluids in
    5) To take all of my vitamins

#1 is no problem, but #2-#5 are ALL a challenge!

Let me know if I can encourage and support you in any way.

Nikki
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hiya Nikki

I apologize I just saw your reply as I have been so busy trying to keep up with all the accountability going on in another group I belong to called the Biggest Loser Competition Season 5, they are a large group with many teams, many daily, weekly challenges, accountability with your weigh in and various fitness challenges. This is what works for me more than anything! They just started this season this week but if you are interested let me know and I will see if there were any cancellations in some of the groups.

Also what we could do is I could send you the daily challenges we have to do anyways and check up on you lol :) I will send you a friend request if that is ok with you.

Yes please pay attention to those six pounds... because I had my surgery over 10 years ago and did not start regaining till about 5 years ago, and in that time I have accumulated about 30 pounds back :( Which averages to 6 pounds a year so I did not really truly notice it till i got to being 30 pounds over :(

So yes lets do this!
    Melissa in California
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melissa! Yes, please send me the challenges. Thanks for the reply and the encouragement. I think I'm 3 lbs down--halfway there!

I will look for your friend request.

Nikki