Supplements

Options
Kxgz
Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
Anyone take any supplements? Have you experienced any relief? Maybe we can all learn a little from each other. I recently started taking Lubrisyn which is a form of Hyaluronic Acid. It's sopposed to lubricate joints. It's only been a week but I am hoping this really does something. I also take glucosamine, msm and tart cherry.

Replies

• Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've just joined this group because I'm looking for information on supplements. I've suffered pain for 8+ years now and am trying to get myself off the harsh drugs and use alternative methods of controlling / managing / kick-arsing the pain. I'm also crossing my fingers (well it might help :) ) that once I'm off the pregabalin it might help "boost" the weight loss as its a drug well known for its ability to convince your body to hang onto the fat.

Have you seen any improvements with the Lubrisyn now you've been on it near a month?
  • Kxgz
    Options
    I do notice improvement with the Lubrisyn. At times I can take Aleve 2 pills 4 times a day and as of late I take just 2 Aleve a day. Now this doesn't mean I am pain free but I certainly do experience less pain and my body and joints feel less creaky and more fluid.
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I take MSM, Turmeric & organic Aloe juice for everyday arthritic pain, but during flare-ups of higher pain I may also include Nettle leaf, Olive leaf and even Feverfew. Nettle and Olive leaf are for many things, but also do well with inflammation. For when I need something for nerve and muscle pains (endometriosis), then I will take Passion Flower herb, Scullcap herb and even Valerian Root...they all have a slight sedative/tranquilizer quality, but do great for when the pain is intense and help take the edge off (and don't give me any "high" or sedative type affect, which I have no interest in having...I just want the edge taken off my pain). I'm still researching other options, as there are many. I will have to try tart cherry. I have heard good things about it as well. Do you notice it helping?

For the most part this helps me. I do end up with 2-4 days a month that are far more challenging on pain levels. Sometimes, I can control it to a tolerable point with herbals & natural supplements (and deal with the remaining pain), while others I will have to take my prescription pain meds. I'm really aiming for being able to use all natural, because I hate the idea of even needing prescription pain meds, even as little as 2-4 days a month.
  • Kxgz
    Options
    I believe the tart cherry was helping, but then I stopped taking it to see how the Lubrisyn would work. I haven't been taking anything regularly for the last week or so. I know once the weather cools down and the cold is here, my pain will be up and I will gradually start playing around more with everything. But out of everything, I think the Lubrisyn helps the most and then the cherry. I have taken glucosamine for a couple years and I don't think it really does much.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I take Ginger, and Fish oil, for their anti inflammatory properties. I take Magnesium because it is a natural muscle relaxer. I suffer from Thoracic outlet syndrome, the neurogenic version.
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil & magnesium too and either use fresh ginger or essential oil of ginger...it does seem to help as well. I have nerve pain with my endometriosis too. The nerve pain is the worst. I try to also use cayenne pepper & cumin in foods to help give a little extra anti-inflammatory properties.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Along with my prescription meds. I started taking devil's claw and boswellian. Both of which were recommended for arthritis and/or fibromyalgia. I take glucosamine also. But guaifenesin extended tabs are helpful with the fibromyalgia. I was using the guaifenesin for respiratory symptoms and found out when I was not taking them that my fibromyalgia pain shot way up. So I did a little research and found that it is sometimes used to treat fibromyalgia due to the muscle relaxant type of properties that it has. I am not really sure why it work and do not care. I just know that it does and I am going to keep taking it.