How often do you take photos/measurements?

Options
cassienoe
cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
Trying to figure out how often to do this and expect to see a change. I last took measurements on 8/15 (day 8) and photos on 8/19 (day 9). Kind of antsy to see if there's a loss but if it's not been long enough I may wait so I don't get discouraged. Especially because my scale is not moving

Replies

• danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stay off the scale and yes I know that's hard to do! But it's always so different from time to time and yes I get discouraged when I see it go up even though I know its probably muscle. I'm doing measurements day 1, 8, 15 of each level. But really I think day 1 and day 15 are good enough. And of course pics! Those help so much.
  • ashbex
    ashbex Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take photos every 5-10 lbs just for a comparison. I even send them to my email with the date & weight so that I can keep record of them. Measurements I take every 3-6 months when I have someone at home to help me.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    on 39ds, took photos day 1, 10, 20, 30. measurements on the same days but i weigh every day because otherwise i would loose track of myself, and if i do that i WILL put on weight.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    for the purpose of the 30 day shred i took pics and measurements on day 1, 10, 20, and 30.

for regular life i weigh myself every morning, take measurements about once a week. and i will take a photo again when my clothing size changes
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and make cool graphs from which you can see when I had lots of soy sauce (high sodium meals), when I uhm... went to the bathroom, when I started a new workout... it all shows!

With 30DS I went slightly up in weight every time I started a new level (probably water retention from healing muscles) and went back down and then some about a week after.

I took measurements every week but to be honest there was not much change - I don't think there's much point in measuring more than once a month, or every 5 pounds - whichever comes sooner.