Hi newbie

Options
Hi just joined this group as I found it when searching about 30DS.Ive done three days so far...is it normal to feel so achey? It feels like I have flu lol I don't just achey.Also how do you all log this under MFP? Also any advice or tips would be greatly welcome :)

Replies

• nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm pretty new too but I'll be done with my first round of 30DS tomorrow! *Excited*

Achey - yeah, that's pretty normal:)

I log 30DS under "Circuit training, general" for 20 minutes because I'm lazy to calculate it from the sites/other apps. If you have a smart phone check this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1074798-yyyaaaaaaaaay-calculate-your-calories

And welcome:)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    same here neli, last day of 30ds today. i find ache like hell a few days, gets easier, gets TOO easy, new level ache like hell, gets easier.... the cycle goes on.
    move up only when your ready but watch the next level first at least once.

if you ache too much take a day and just do some light walking instead or go for a swim. do something that will relax your muscles enough but dont come to a standstill
  • bagpuss368
    Options
    Thanks both :) going to keep at it unless I really have to have a day off,have also downloaded the app thanks
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a few tips for ya :)

Listen to your body. Most of us take rest days, if you need one..you take it! Go at your own pace. You don't want to push to hard and then injure yourself or lose interest in the workout. Drink lots of water!! Lots of it! I find I'm always thirsty now that I'm working out.

That soreness will fade off by the 5th-6th day, it was the 4th day for me and then I felt like I ran the show around day 7. You will feel your body get stronger. It's an indescribable feeling!

And of course, take before pics -they show the changes you cant see from day to day. And measurements, numbers are concrete, not tricks on the eyes just facts and that helps too

Good luck! We are always here!! Love this group and all the lovely ladies..and maybe one gentlemen, in it <3
  • bagpuss368
    Options
    Aw thank you so much for the tips.Drinking loads of water seeing as there's not much time to during the workout I need one of those hats with a water bottle and a pipe to my mouth LOl
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Aw thank you so much for the tips.Drinking loads of water seeing as there's not much time to during the workout I need one of those hats with a water bottle and a pipe to my mouth LOl

Lol, just strap a dang I.V. bag up to us haha!

One more thing to add in if you don't mind. You're gonna have days where you eat bad or just give up. We ALL have bad days...hell I've had a bad week before. Just don't beat yourself up over it. Pick up where you left off. Tomorrow is always a fresh start so don't linger on today or yesterday. And feel free to message any of us if you're feeling down or unmotivated, that's why we are all here...to lift up one another.

Have a fantastic hump day!
  • cles177
    cles177 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined this group not too long ago... I plan to start R30 tomorrow AGAIN. I did level one twice last week and am REALLY struggling with staying on top of working out. I'm really tired after work, plus I am also in Grad School and have courses and an part-time internship I am also completing while working. I guess my question for other is what helps keep you motivated after an exhausting day? What time of day do you feel is more accomodating to workout - morning or evening? I really hope joining this group proves to be a step in the right direction in keeping me accountable and helping me stay motivated. Thank you.
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    Hi there. I know Grad School life - I've been living it for almost a decade now. I hope you're a better student than me! Haha.

I work out whenever I get the chance. If I need to be at the Uni later in the morning, I do it before shower. If not, whenever I have 30 minutes - I just start playing the DVD. Lunch break or before dinner... Don't think about it, no wondering of any sort. Just do it.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    mornings work better for me because the further through the day i get the more i try to talk myself out of it. neli is right, dont think just do. thinking gives your mind time to come up with an excuse not to.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Welcome to our group!! I don't currently do the shred. I did until school started up and teaching, running, family has taken priority right now but I plan to start up again someday ☺ good luck! Don't get discouraged!!! Take breaks. Be NICE to yourself.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mother now but when I was working an in school I also found early morning to be the best. I sometimes got up at 4:30 to do longer DVDs. Now, I do it at nap time in the afternoon and there are sometimes temptations to talk myself out of it. Especially when I have a busy day with the kids or know there are things I need to get done around the house. I try to think of it like JM said. It is an appointment or assignment I have to get done. What honestly keeps me motivated are knowing I am getting results and that this is one thing that is totally for me. I am sure grad school must fulfill that for you but as a mother you start to feel like everything is for the kids.
  • nelinelineli
    Options
    What honestly keeps me motivated are knowing I am getting results and that this is one thing that is totally for me. I am sure grad school must fulfill that for you but as a mother you start to feel like everything is for the kids.

Oh I wish grad school gave me that feeling... It just feels it's all for the supervisor! For the grant agencies! for the Institute's PR!
    /end rant