Does anyone here have pet rats? :)

Options
*If you can't say something nice don't say it at all*

We have two. One is gray with a star on her head, named Mabel. The other is white with tan patches, named Myra. They lick my fingers and sleep on their backs in my arms. So cute!

Replies

• missrat
    missrat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a cage-clean today.

Critter 2 - two black rex girls - Sparkles and Sapphire, Delilah (pink-eyed white), Diamond (black hooded), Willow (black Berkshire), ReepiSheep - castrated pearl rex buck

Explorer base - Galaxy (Red-eyed Blue Point Siamese), Twirl (seal point Siamese), Revel - Agouti (all bucls)

Explorer top = Lucky (pink-eyed white), Dora (elderly roan, almost entirely white), Bluebell (blue striped roan), Rosebay (champagne roan - already white!), Thistledown (very short haired ivory double rex) - all does

Critter 3 top - Milky Way (growth-retarded ivory), Arrow (striped roan with arrow marking), ,Fuzzbutt (almost hairless black hooded double rex) - all bucks

Critter 3 - bottom - DotCom (40-month-old Burmese), Misty-Martina (blue marten - now like a pink-eyed white), Tiny (striped roan) - all does

Other cage - Aslan (cinnamon double rex), Mars-Bar (silvered black) bucks
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me! I do!! I currently have two: Charlie a Himalayan and Nigel a Beige standard. They are precious. Nigel's sister, Josie passed way a few weeks ago. Rats make such awesome pets :)
  • missrat
    Options
    Great! They are such superb pets. It's a pity they have such short lifespans. I'll post more about mine soon - I'm off to church now - I'm on IT!

Ann
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    We have a pet mouse in a pink habitrail. My husband save it from the garage, & the edge of death, as a tiny baby . Showed me something nice about my husband. Lots of guys would kill it, or chuck it over the fence. My man, he nursed it back to health , & gave it a good fancy home. And yes the mouse is fat and overweight from feeding it lots of good mouse mix, including extra walnuts and cranberries.
  • HiKaren
    Options
    One of my friends in my 20's had a very cool rat named Magenta.. From the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I swear that rat could do dog tricks, & come when you called it. She wasn't scary either.
  • missrat
    Options
    Rats can be trained to do tricks. At the shows they do agility courses like dogs, curiosity and pea-fishing,
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Rats can be trained to do tricks. At the shows they do agility courses like dogs, curiosity and pea-fishing,
    Really?? Heeeee:smile: We just saw this guy at Starbucks. He was sitting outside with his pet rat.. He was so cute.. He had a teenie tiny harness and teenie leach on. I might try to find a video of the rat agility competitions.
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Whats pea fishing???? Gotta look that one up. :smile:
  • missrat
    Options
    You'll find quite a lot on YouTube. For pea-fishing, you put down a shallow container with water and put in some frozen peas or sweetcorn. The rats then fish them out to eat!
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119
    Options
    I used to raise them! I had several. All very good friends. I miss them.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I have 3 rats, a brown hooded, a tan hooded , and an all black.
    Zagareet , Omi, and Maya