Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2013

Options
loril13
loril13 Posts: 320 Member
The dates were just released. October 4-6, 2013. This will be my first runDisney event. I started running this past Labor Day just to be able to run in this event! I am up to 4 miles. My goal is a pace of 12 minute miles with a stretch goal of 10 minute miles. I have eight months. I think it is doable.

Who else is running this?

Replies

• rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just signed up! I ran the Princess Half this past February and had SO much fun! Can't wait for this race!
  • Radioactivclown
    Radioactivclown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This will be my first Disney race as well. My goal is to be able to run the race at a 10 minute mile pace for the whole time. I've just been trying to do carido for an hour right now to help me build up to it. When should I start to ramp up my training??
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    That depends on how much running you actually do now... you'll only want to increase your mileage by 10% each week and would most likely want to complete 9 miles two weeks before the event so that you can run less mileage during the week of the race. Based on what I run now, I would most likely only need 4(ish) weeks to get ready for the race and probably won't start training until the beginning of September.
  • Radioactivclown
    Radioactivclown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I appreciate that. So far, I'm running 6 miles between a 9:30 to 10 minute mile pace.
    That depends on how much running you actually do now... you'll only want to increase your mileage by 10% each week and would most likely want to complete 9 miles two weeks before the event so that you can run less mileage during the week of the race. Based on what I run now, I would most likely only need 4(ish) weeks to get ready for the race and probably won't start training until the beginning of September.
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    Oh then you're in a great place! if you maintain that fitness, I'd guess about 4 weeks or so would be all that you need!
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm running the ToT 10 Miler this year. I ran the Inaugural ToT 13K, way back when. Hope to see some of you there!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm running it!