Why I Started This Group

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
While I adore MFP, I realized I wasn't self-disciplined enough to restrict myself that much yet.

So I decided to try WW and so far I'm learning to eat better, and I hope to break some seriously bad habits while taking advantage of the zero point fruits and veggies. Then I plan to come back and kick *kitten* with MFP!

I know there are other people on the site that are on Weight Watchers, so please join me!

Replies

• bgmomof3boys
    Options
    I'm currently on points plus and joined mfp to support my friends who were already on here. and ww does teach you how to reach for the right foods! so that you are not just losing weight but so that you change you're eating habits for a lifetime!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    I recognize you from the pregnancy board!

I just joined weight watchers on Wednesday. I did the program from 2002-2004 and lost 86lbs, and I am hoping to do it again!

My baby is 11weeks old, and while my pregnancy weight is gone (40lbs) , I still have almost 100lbs to lose to reach my goal. Glad to join!
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the opposite - i have been doing ww online since Feb and have lost 33 lbs. WW taught me how to change my eating - I now eat fruits & vegetables, whole grains, protein and limit the fat and carbs. I felt like i was in a rut with counting points and never could make it in under my dailies and weeklies and used all of my ap's and more. I actually learned about myfitnesspal.com from a WW message board. I joined on 11/1 and I love it! I feel like I have taken my serious change of eating habits to a new level! I am much more aware of calories than figuring out how many points and have done great coming in under my daily calorie goal. I only have a few friends here but the support is amazing and makes that little difference that I wasn't getting from WW online. I have lost 2 lbs in the 2 weeks i have been here and was struggling with losing that in a month on WW online. But I learned ALOT from WW online and haven't been able to cancel yet! Welcome and please feel free to add me as friend! I believe you will find great success from both "progams" - this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and totally worth the effort.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers does a great job teaching you to eat right. I found this website because my doctor wanted to to track my soduim intake. WW does not allow for those with medical conditions needing to monitor individual nutrients. The only thing I disagree with WW. This is by far the easiest site I have found in tracking. I was tracking on both sites for several months, however getting 2 journals completed was challenging, so I have given up tracking points. I just reached my 10% goal this week. The last 2 times I have been in WW, this is about the time where I started to gain weight back. Determined not to do it this time! Although the support is incredible on MFP, I still like face to face interactions and the accountability of a weekly weigh in.
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you ladies. I have been going to Weight Watchers for quite some time. I will continue for the one on one support and love of the people at the meetings. I found mfp and love the barcode feature for my phone. Love how it sincs with online and how we can keep a record. Too bad it would not convert to points for me :) Wow, that would be the cherry on the...yogurt...sure. I generally know about the nutrition part, just want to put it all in one place like you ladies say.
    How about some great recipe swaps??
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just started doing Weight Watchers too. I joined several years ago and lost 10 pounds and am hoping to lose that again plus the other 20 I added on! I really like the MFP community. Most people are really nice and encouraging. Like some others, I too need the accountability of a weigh in, and I love the meetings. Most of my friends are really thin and don't want to talk about weight issues and eating right so having a support group online and in person is very helpful. I'm glad I found some WW support in this great community! :)
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just started WW this past Tuesday. I used it about 5 years ago and lost about 25 pounds. When I joined before I also weighed about 50 pounds less than now, so I've got a way to go. The points plus program is new for me though. I joined WW because I felt that I would stick with it more if I was paying for it and I had weekly weigh-ins.
  • harleyshan1
    Options
    I have been on WW for many years. I was extremely successful back in 2005 and looked and felt awesome! I have gained 20-25lbs back (I fluccuate) and I have restarted more times than I can count. I cannot for the life of me get any weight off and keep it off. I'm scared to go off of WW and try something new b/c I know ww. But on the other hand it's not working out for me. So I joined this site but really don't even know how to use it. Is this site just to count calories? Can we do both WW and calories.. Uggh seriously I'm confused about it all. I do know though I feel horrible tonight with my weight.. Highest I have been in a long time and soo depressed about it. I get down and lose like 3-4lbs and then it's right back!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW for many years. I was extremely successful back in 2005 and looked and felt awesome! I have gained 20-25lbs back (I fluccuate) and I have restarted more times than I can count. I cannot for the life of me get any weight off and keep it off. I'm scared to go off of WW and try something new b/c I know ww. But on the other hand it's not working out for me. So I joined this site but really don't even know how to use it. Is this site just to count calories? Can we do both WW and calories.. Uggh seriously I'm confused about it all. I do know though I feel horrible tonight with my weight.. Highest I have been in a long time and soo depressed about it. I get down and lose like 3-4lbs and then it's right back!

MFP gives you a daily calorie allotment based on your settings and you're supposed to stay within them to get results. It also gives you a place to track various nutrients as well.

Every now and then I'll do a count in WW and in MFP just to see how they compare, but mainly I prefer WW. The Points Plus system seems to suit me better because I'm the type of person who rebels if I'm 'not allowed\ to have something.
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group!!

I started WW 2 months ago and have lost around 14lbs. It kind of rewires your mind into making better choices and finding out that you can have so much more bang for your buck. I would much rather have a whole serving of light fatfree yogurt than one cookie now for the same amount of calories.

I do wish it would be coming off faster, but that part is on me since I haven't been exercising like I should.

I am glad that other people are using MFP as well as WW :) I think when I reach my goal I may stick to only MFP but we shall see.

Both tools are awesome for healthy living. Nice to meet you guys!
  • Sexymomma76
    Sexymomma76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW for over a year now and I enjoy it very much. I like that you can eat what you want within moderation of course. It doesn't feel like a diet it is more of a life style change and having a WI once a week is perfect for me. I do it online as well as I go to the meetings too, which I find very helpful and its great to meet people there who are there for the same thing. I look forward to reaching my goal and becoming a Lifetime Member. Only 16.4 lbs away from my goal!
  • crudd12
    Options
    I've been on Weight Watchers for a year and hit a plateau since last February! I joined this site 2 weeks ago and have lost weight 2 weeks in a row now! I love weight watchers but I wasn't eating enough and hit a plateau! I did PP, Flex trying to break the plateau and nothing worked! I walked 3-4 miles a day and still not losing! This site says I need to eat 1490 calories a day to lose! It's more food than I was eating on ww. I'm still going to ww and weighing in on Saturday AM and plan to continue until I get back to my goal! I'm already lifetime so I just want the meetings for free and I heard you get free etools in the future if you are lifetime!
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    I'm here!
  • Geeznie713
    Options
    I feel the same about adding MFP to my routine and found it gave me just a little more that ww online did not. I left ww online and have been doing MFP strictly; However, I feel like I still need ww so I am attending meetings. I am currently fighting with myself whether or not to fork over almost 50 bucks a month to include the ww online program into my routine but ever time I go to sign up I am like why am I doing this when I have MFP? I wish I could convert calories to points and vice versa. I suppose I could but it would take an enormous amount of effort for me.
  • litajl
    litajl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

I don't go to the meeting but I do WW online so I know that I could sue all the support I can get! I know we all can. This program works it has for me before I just did not do what I was supposed to do!! I am ready to change that!!!

Please feel free to add me and we can all support each other!!

Blessings!
  • litajl
    litajl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can use this as our "weekly meeting" place!
  • serenity_swimmer
    Options
    i am also thinking of combining WW with MFP.

I plan to still go to the meetings and weigh in, but the MFP app and website work a lot better for me.

Jane
  • dneeb2899
    Options
    I personaly find it easier to count calories than it is to count points.. i go to WW weekly but i use MFP to count my calories. :) I just started doing this recently. was down 1.8 last Saturday.. Lets see what this saturday brings!!
  • serenity_swimmer
    Options
    Awesome! It's nice to know I am not alone in mixing the two programs.
  • jerrielynn130
    Options
    Hi, I'm like you. I'm not disciplined enough (Yet!) to do MFP alone. I started WW 360 in May of this year. I track my WW points and am using MFP to track as well. I am doing well on WW but I do not plan to keep going to WW for the rest of my life. I hope that with what I learn from WW meetings and what I learn on MFP I can maintain my goal weight when I reach it. I am doing pretty well on changing my food habits, but I still need to work on my exercise habits. If I don't exercise first thing in the morning I just find an excuse not to do it later in the day. I hope we can be a source of encouragement to each other.