Starting instructions

Options
Hello,

Challenge starts on the 12th of September.
If you want to join the challenge then post here by the 12th

1. Your firstname
2. Where you are from
3. Your highest weight
4. Your current weight
5. Your ultimate target weight
6. What you like to do for exercise.
7. One lovely random fact about yourself

We will be weighing in here once a week and I'll be posting the results along with the leaders and top positions :)

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    1. Leila
    2. Oxford, UK
    3. 196lbs
    4. 138.6lbs
    5. 120lbs
    6. I cycle to work most days (40mins total) and am currently training for my first half marathon
    7. I got married a few months ago and rocked my wedding dress at 136lbs :)
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey there Leila - congrats on rocking your wedding dress at an amazing 136lbs!!!!!

1. Sarah
    2. West Midlands
    3. 240lbs
    4. 191lbs
    5. 140lbs
    6. Karate. I also walk to work and back 5 miles total a day, and I try and cycle a few miles a day
    7. I am the undefeated regional champion in kata and kumite for 2 years in a row in my age/grade division. I'm also the National Champion for kata and kumite in my age/grade division
  • dekutree
    dekutree Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila! This is good for me because I'm in the bad habit of weighing daily. For this I'll only weigh on weigh-day. I weigh in kg but will convert into lb for simplicity (rounding up or down to the nearest 0.5).

1. Matt
    2. Oxford, UK
    3. 248lb
    4. 207.5lb
    5. <150lb
    6. Running (to evade zombies). Fittingly I'm running a 5k on Halloween (with Leila!)
    7. I secretly want to be a stand-up comedian.
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Hey Leila and MFPeeps! I'm excited to do my first challenge and I'm hoping that it will encourage me to stay on track and work out more. I have trouble sticking with a plan if I don't have a goal. You know how it is. ;)

1. Jessica
    2. Illinois, US
    3. 165 lbs.
    4. 144.6 lbs.
    5. 125 lbs.
    6. Cardio intervals on my stepper and workout DVDs (recently it's mostly been Hatha & Flow Yoga, but next week I'll get back into Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, which kicks my butt).
    7. I am an unemployed attorney. I passed the bar and was admitted to practice in May, but I haven't found a job yet. Talk about bitter-sweet!
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

1. Hannah
    2. Aberdeen, Scotland
    3. 220lbs
    4. 199lbs
    5. 140lbs
    6. Running, and classes like Body Combat, Body Attack etc.
    7. I am currently doing ACCA to become a qualified chartered accountant, and hope to become a tax accountant one day (yawn...!! ;))
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi All lets do this :-)) Only have seven more pounds to loose to hit my target weight !!

1.Mike
    2. Bedford UK
    3. 273 lbs
    4. 217 lbs
    5. 210 lbs
    6. Walking, Running, and the Gym
    7. Black belt 2nd dan Ex Karate instructor, and like to dress up as Elvis lol :-))
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Unlike the previous challenges I have run, this time we only have a small number of people. This should be actually quite nice as we can get to know each other a bit and it will be easier to keep track of everyone.

Remember the first weight in is this Thursday so remember to check in with:

Challenge Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    One thing that went really well this week:
    What you will be doing next week:

I'll be posting results shortly after the weigh in so watch out. :)
  • dekutree
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 207.5
    Current Weight: 205.5
    One thing that went really well this week: Continuing with couch-to-5k (week 7 of 8) and think I worked pretty hard.
    What you will be doing next week: Thinking more about whether I'm actually hungry or not (more mindful). Like yesterday I earned loads of cals back from exercise, and I really didn't need to eat as much as I did!
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Challenge Starting weight: 145 lbs.
    Current Weight: 144.2 lbs.
    Thing that went well: I had several opportunities to eat fast food, which I avoided almost every time. (Overall, not a great week, to be honest.)
    Thing that I will do next week: Plan out ALL of my snacks; I usually have a snack in the evening that puts me over my calorie goal.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 138.6lbs
    Current Weight: 134.2lbs
    One thing that went really well this week: Logged nearly every day and close to my target cals nearly every day.
    What you will be doing next week: Hopefully my back will be better and I'll be back running. :)
  • mikee007
    Options
    Challenge start weight 217
    Current weight 218
    Gone down a hole on my belt but whoops the weight has gone up, but am back at the gym pumping iron
    So it might be that ?? Next week will tell
    Try to do some lunch time walking if it ever stops raining :-((
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Week 1 results!

Four of us logged in this week

name_startingweight_currentweight_loss_% to 7lb goal
    leilaphoenix_138.6_134.2_4.4_63%
    dekutree_207.5_205.5_2_29%
    jessigetfit_145_144.2_0.8_11%
    mikee007_217_218_-1_-14%

I had a huge loss in week one, which is great but I suspect that some of that will go back on this week and that I'll be stalled now for a couple of weeks. I certainly don't expect to lose 4lbs every week!!!

Good luck to mikee this week. I hope he starts to see a loss.
    Dekutree is doing well losing 2lbs this week. Looking forward to seeing him keep on track
    Also good loss by jessigetfit. Hopefully more progress in the right direction this week.

This week can you please log in with

Challenge starting weight:
    Current weight:
    One thing that went well this week:
    One reason why you want to lose weight:
  • mikee007
    Options
    Ok could not weigh in this morning :(( the Wii would just not load the disc after half an hour of trying and made me
    late for work, had to leave it, so best put down a no loss week and see what happens next week Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Challenge start weight 217 pounds
    Week 2 218 pounds
    Stuck to my calories this week and well on track for only eating 10,000 calories a week using ADF
    Next week looking to do some exercise again as have been a bit lazy and every lunch time has been
    peeing down so could not get out walking
    Losing weight to wear all them nice clothes hanging in the wardrobe, and they fit me good now :-)))))))
  • dekutree
    Options
    Challenge starting weight: 207.5lb
    Current weight: 199lb**
    One thing that went well this week: Have finished my couch-to-5k training!!
    One reason why you want to lose weight: I want to enjoy shopping for clothes and just pick anything I want. (Not just 'whatever fits' and dress to hide...)

** BUT I got new scales because despite replacing batteries in my old set they just wouldn't give me the same weight twice even on my hard bathroom floor in the same spot :(. So I don't think this is necessarily a true reflection, which sort of buggers up this challenge for me a bit :/. I could sort of start again from here and see how I do in the next five weeks...! I'll let Leila decide whether I'm disqualified...!!
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 145 lbs.
    Current Weight: 143.2 lbs.
    One thing that went well this week: Although I had a bad weekend eating-wise, I stuck to my calorie goal the rest of the week.
    One reason that I want to lose weight: It makes me feel so much more confident and comfortable in literally every aspect of my life when I don't feel (and look) all flubby. :)
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 138.6lbs
    Current Weight: 136.8lbs
    One thing that went really well this week: I started back running
    What you will be doing next week: Trying to focus on my food more :)
  • dekutree
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight: 207.5 lb
    Current Weight: 197 lb
    One thing that went really well this week: Did my first 'public' group 5k run (with Leila!) and also continued with running though the couch-to-5k has ended.
    What you will be doing next week: Find time to do some more cooking - get some fresh veg back into my diet, as I've been very snacky of late.
  • mikee007
    Options
    Challenge start weight 217 pounds
    Week 3 current weight 214 pounds
    One thing that went well stuck to my calories but still well down on my exercise routine
    Next week looking to start playing badminton again as good for a good cardio burn
    Plus great fun to play as well, on wards and upwards or should that be down wards lol
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    WEEK 2 results

Sorry these are a little late

name_startingweight_currentweight_loss_% to 7lb goal
    leilaphoenix_138.6_136.8_1.8_25%
    dekutree_207.5_199_8.5_120%
    jessigetfit_145_143.2_1.8_25%
    mikee007_217_218_-1_-14%

Hey everyone. Thanks for logging.

So dekutree has owned this challenge having already met the target. We'll be keeping an eye on him during the rest of the challenge to make sure he keeps it off. We'll be watching you.

jessigetfit and I have both lost 1.8lbs. So we are doing ok but must keep our focus to make sure we don't drop behind.

mikee007 was still stuck on 218lbs (but it looks like week 3 might be looking up!!)

I'll have a few special tasks as we head into the next week. Watch this space. xx
  • dekutree
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 207.5
    Current weight: 195
    Went well: More or less stuck to my calorie target despite having to rest as have been a bit under the weather. Now under 14st for the first time in a long time.
    Next week: Just keep on keeping on I think.