need to stay focued

I have been going off and counting back...got to stay focused

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    I have the same problem, we will do it this time
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    I have that issue too! Taking it one day at a time. Don't stress about logn-term, just focus on short-term for now until it becomes a habit for you again :]
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Im in the same boat as well. I usually have my head in the game...until the weekend. Then I feel like it's a food/wine/beer binge. It WILL be different going forward. We have each other! xx
  • countrygal6464
    countrygal6464 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same problem, for the first little while any way. I mean I know how to lose weight, I know exactly what to do and what works for me, so why can't I just do it? Last year I lost 60 lbs, after the first week it became second nature, it was easy. Then I hit one of those plateaus and there went all my efforts. Hoping to get back in the swing of things, lose the 25 lbs I gained back and get it through my head that even though I hit a plateau, the eating better is still keeping me healthier. We can all do this, keep in mind your reasons for being here and let that be your guide. Have a great day all :smile:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    I am the same way! Mine comes in spurts - I do great for weeks, even months then I flip and undo all I have done. Drives me nuts!
    We can do this - Phil. 4:13!
  • tnwombles
    tnwombles Posts: 6 Member
    I was so tempted to have a late night chocolate bar. ( I really should get that stuff out of my house!) As I was headed to the kitchen, I was remembering this group and all the different posts with encouragement.

You know what?! I turned right around and headed back to bed because I didn't want to let myself or my buddies down! :)

Y'all have already helped me overcome a huge problem I have with snacking late at night!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    We likely all have this problem :) I was listening to a talk show this morning about food addiction and how we're addicted to 6 things in foods...sugar, flour, cooking fat, salt, caffeine and dairy. They mentioned a chocolate chip cookie has all 6 items in it. Anyhow..takes 4 days to detox off 5 of these items (caffeine takes 3 weeks) with day 4 being the hardest. I'm going to start detoxing off these 6 items - just need to pick a start date :)
  • missmacsays
    I was so tempted to have a late night chocolate bar. ( I really should get that stuff out of my house!) As I was headed to the kitchen, I was remembering this group and all the different posts with encouragement.

You know what?! I turned right around and headed back to bed because I didn't want to let myself or my buddies down! :)

Y'all have already helped me overcome a huge problem I have with snacking late at night!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

So awesome!!! I had the same experience last night. Was craving a ridiculous concoction of food, but thought to myself, am I even hungry or does that just sound good? Then after realizing I wasn't hungry and it did just sound good, I realized that I was under my calories for the day with good, clean food. Did I really want to go over so I could indulge? Heck no! I brewed myself a cup of raspberry herbal tea. Yum. Much better choice :]
  • missmacsays
    We likely all have this problem :) I was listening to a talk show this morning about food addiction and how we're addicted to 6 things in foods...sugar, flour, cooking fat, salt, caffeine and dairy. They mentioned a chocolate chip cookie has all 6 items in it. Anyhow..takes 4 days to detox off 5 of these items (caffeine takes 3 weeks) with day 4 being the hardest. I'm going to start detoxing off these 6 items - just need to pick a start date :)

Interesting! I'm going to search around the internet for this information for the sake of researching :]
  • missmacsays
    Great motivation early on by everyone. We CAN do this. We can focus on logging our foods and making cleaner choices each day. Don't worry about tomorrow or the weekend yet, just worry about today and what you can do to make today count.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    I was just reading the thread and last night I had the munchies and I also just made some chocolate chip cookies but I had an apple, so happy for me
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member

Very interesting and it also helps me to realize that I am on the right track. For allergy issues, I have taken dairy completely out of my diet, for better health reasons I have taken flour out of my diet (though will indulge on occasion, but rarely) and I am currently on the quest to eliminate extra sodium out of my diet. This, I think, will be the hardest mostly b/c EVERYTHING processed has tons of sodium in it. So I am learning to make all kinds of things from scratch now. Caffeine, well I am considering it but I love my coffee in the morning but have cut down on it. Cooking fat, well, not too sure about that one as olive oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil are the only ones I tend to use, so am not too worried about it.

Thanks for posting that little bit of info. I know I am feeling much better and am actually finding it difficult to eat my full allotted calories each day when I am on track with my goals.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    I was just reading the thread and last night I had the munchies and I also just made some chocolate chip cookies but I had an apple, so happy for me

WTG!!!
  • missmacsays

Great job!