looking for on-line accountability and support

Options
Hi I am one week post op today.. really focusing on healing and the need for support. I re-set my food and exercise goals today. anyone out there looking for the same?

Replies

• teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We can all use that. I had my sleeve on July 1. Was doing great, but fell back into some old habits this week. Learning it is just a tool - no the cure. Feel free to add me as friend if you would like to. You will find lots of support and help here.
    Teresa
  • nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for you both. Focus on the habits they've taught you - these will be the tools to success. Do either of you attend a support group?
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am now attending a support group. For me the past few weeks have been difficult with extra long hours at work and the food has started flowing now that the rest of the staff is back for the schoolyea4r. I do not think I prepared myself mentally for this. The summer was easy, but now not so much. But I chalk it all up to learning, and now am more aware than ever of my triggers and food issues. Am working on some strategies to aid me. Need to get back to physical activity also.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    A month or so out, I chose a quarter of a piece of bread, then blinked and 'poof' the whole slice was gone. My nutritionist said I'm not allowed to eat bread anymore because it's such a trigger.

Recently I was going to "just have a crust" but her voice in my head said "never again" - so I had a rye krisp instead. The sleeve (June) helps feeling satisfied, but is no guarantee. For me carbs can easily turn satisfaction into craving.

Remembering how important this is really helps. Mantra = "I don't want to blow this chance."

The sleeve only gave me a small stomach to start over with. It's still up to me to make it work. There are so many good eating habits that will help [low carb, high protein, high water, protein shakes, vitamins, exercise...]. If I'd known then what I know now...
  • mzkaneella
    Options
    three weeks post op now... I have a support group that meets once a month and a few of us that went through the program together text each other and check in... I really love the feedback and reading about the successes and the struggles cause I know they are coming... I have nausea regularly.. I am convinced that it is rotted in being an unconscious eater... I totally get that the sleeve is only a tool and it is up to me to change my choices.. each day is a new beginning and each day I learn something new... I am grateful that everyone is here and willing to share their experiences...
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just completed all of my steps with the exception of losing the 5% my insurance requires. I have lost almost 6 lbs and my next appt is on October 7th, with my nutritionist. I need to have lost the weight by or before then. I am excited and scared. thanks for being here and letting me share!