Day Two

Options
Hi all!
I'm posting earlier today because I cannot get groups to work well on my phone and I'd rather you all get a chance to see what I wanted to talk about today.
So, everyone has their own goals. And I thoroughly believe no two people are the same, so I don't want a group where we have one broad goal for everyone like losing x amount of lbs by a certain date. That's not always attainable, nor what everyone wants.
Instead, our challenge for day two is to pick one solid goal for yourself. It can be a long-term goal that you want to change about yourself permanently or something small to help you work up to a particular goal. Whatever your goal is, tell us about it here. That way we all know what each other wants to accomplish and can have an idea how to best motivate one another.
Since I have been having the biggest struggle with food lately, my goal is based on that. My goal is to stay at/under my calorie goal for the rest of September. Not to say I don't want to extend beyond this of course, but baby steps work best for me.
I am a CHRONIC weekend binger. Mostly because during the week I prepare breakfast and lunch alone, but my boyfriend makes us dinner. So for that, I can set aside the calories and pre-plan. Weekends tend to be hectic/on the go a lot. But that's no excuse. I meal plan most everyday, so I'm going to make this my focus and see what kind of result I can yield.
What about the rest of you?

PS. Each day with my posts, I plan to incorporate a nice inspirational, motivational quote I've found that's getting me through the day in hopes it inspires everyone else too. Enjoy :happy:

fitspiration_3_zps58e2407d.jpg

Replies

• jailbirdjubie
    jailbirdjubie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I really like your goal and I totally identify with it. Why are weekends always so hard?

Since exercise has been the biggest challenge for me, my goal will be to complete at least 30 minutes of exercise, five days a week. Last week I failed at this, so I think this is a suitable challenge for me. I'll set the time frame for the rest of September, so I don't have such a lofty goal (I plan on extending this into the following months).

LOVE the quote! My daughter sometimes has self-esteem issues with her looks (so hard for high schoolers to understand that looks aren't everything) and I'm definitely going to share that with her.

Thanks for starting this group!
  • tnwombles
    tnwombles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes! I definitely want to get more active this time. My goal is do at least 3 active workouts a week this month. I need to build my endurance.

This is going to be FUN!
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group....think it is just what I need. So I missed the day one post so I am just going to introduce myself here on day 2 and post my goal as well. Hope you all don't mind. :bigsmile:

I am Michelle and my weight has gone up and down forever. I decided years ago that I needed to be healthier and more active for my family. A husband, two kids, and two dogs (big dogs that love exercise). I am trying to lose 40-50 pounds.

My goal is going to be to quit binge eating at night!!! I have a HORRIBLE habit of snacking on crap food after 900pm. I seem to get the kids off to bed and then open the cupboard and eat away. Cannot think of a worse way to sabotage myself. I am going to set the goal to be to have my 6th meal complete by 700pm and then fast until breakfast. Again this is a nasty little habit that I have allowed to creep into my life and it needs to go by the wayside. I have given up Mt. Dew and if I can do that I can do anything!!!!

Love the motivation here!!!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Amanda, baby steps work best for me too. So, for September my goal is to not over do the salty foods over the weekends (I'm very good during the week), as I discovered after this weekend I feel like S#@! afterwards, even though I did not go over on calories. I would like to see my taste buds be very happy with just naturally salted foods and not have to add salt to everything.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options

My goal is going to be to quit binge eating at night!!! I have a HORRIBLE habit of snacking on crap food after 900pm. I seem to get the kids off to bed and then open the cupboard and eat away. Cannot think of a worse way to sabotage myself. I am going to set the goal to be to have my 6th meal complete by 700pm and then fast until breakfast.

I used to do this, then I discovered and accepted that fact that it was b/c I am a dessert person. Yes, I must have a dessert every night after dinner or I do not feel like my day is complete. Don't know why this is, but it just is. So, in order to stop that behavior I now have dessert every night but not just any dessert. I make certain mug cakes, all paleo ingredients, for a multitude of reasons. 1 (and most important): it meets my need to have a dessert! 2: they are actually good for me, seriously high in protein, low in calories, carbs and sodium 3: helps me to meet my protein macro requirements (or at least get close to it) 4: helped me to realize that it really is about calories in and out for the weight loss goal but more importantly that whole foods are really better in addressing the nutritional value of EVERY dish, even dessert:wink:

Not sure if this is related to anything you "suffer" from, but you words just resonated with me and I had to put it out there.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Funny all of the above apply to me! But since we are taking baby steps I will start with not binge eating for the rest of Sept.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My goal is to exercise at least 3 times a week. I need to get MOVING!!

Good luck everyone :smile:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    my goal is to stay within my daily calories for the balance of September. By the time October comes around it will truly be a habit :)

So my plan is to follow TDEE minus 20% as 1,200 calories is just too low for anyone. These calories include any exercise I do. Since I'm still having to be careful due to my back, my calories burn isn't all that high unfortunately. But its better then nothing!!
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Thank you so much for starting this group! I missed day 1 so will just add the little background story here with my goal.

I am 28 years old. I have been overweight for most of my teen/adult life. I have 2 children and want to be healthy for them. I started really exercising and eating healthy about 2 years ago, and for a while was doing really great. I started at 235 pounds and got down to a consistent 180 pounds. I was sooo happy with myself. Then I started getting really busy at work and things started coming up so I pushed aside some of the exercising, thinking it wasn't going to ruin anything. Then starting eating more and more junk and long story short, I have gained almost all that weight back. I am so disappointed in myself and could really use the motivation of a group to help get me started on the right track again. :-)

I recently cut out soda. It's only been a few days, so my goal for right now is to just stay strong and not drink soda for the rest of September. By then, I'm hoping the cravings will be gone and also these terrible headaches!

Good Luck to everyone. I am really looking forward to being a part of this group!!!

Ashley
  • dreichbach
    Options
    Wow, they're are a few I can relate to and I'm having trouble picking just one. I guess if I really think about it I need to work on exercising more. So my goal for the rest of September is to exercise at least 3x a week.
  • jailbirdjubie
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us will be getting off our bums and exercising. :happy:
  • jailbirdjubie
    Options

My goal is going to be to quit binge eating at night!!! I have a HORRIBLE habit of snacking on crap food after 900pm. I seem to get the kids off to bed and then open the cupboard and eat away. Cannot think of a worse way to sabotage myself. I am going to set the goal to be to have my 6th meal complete by 700pm and then fast until breakfast. Again this is a nasty little habit that I have allowed to creep into my life and it needs to go by the wayside. I have given up Mt. Dew and if I can do that I can do anything!!!!

Hi Michelle!

I have the same problem with eating in the evening. One way I tackle the problem is to eat a decent-sized dinner around 6:30 - 7:00 pm with lots of veggies to fill me up and then allow myself a tiny little snack later, IF I'm still craving something or feel hungry. I save up enough calories for that little snack so I'm not going over or bingeing.

Best of luck to you!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am just starting today so I will start now, I am Karen and have a home daycare so I am always around food, some days the fridge calls me by name. I have 2 children daughter 12 who thinks she is fat and she is far from it, and a son 10 who is very active. I have many goals, but for now the most important one is to stick to it all 7 days of the week. I joined another group yesterday but it looks like it is going no where, and this one sounds like the right one for me.
    Looking forward to a better life with my family.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really struggled with a goal this month when it comes to food choices and exercise because I have already made changes to both so instead of that route, I am going to pick a goal of losing 5 lbs this month. It is achievable and reasonable, or so I think, and shouldn't be a problem with the changes I have made! Good luck everybody! We got this :)
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Really awesome goals everyone! I can relate to pretty much everything I've read. I work second shift, so I get home from work around 1130pm-midnight. Talk about your late night binges! A good trick I've learned is to have a big dinner. I eat a big dinner usually around 8-830 and then when I get home, I try to have a beer or tea. Beer is obviously not a go-to choice, but it's a lot better than what my crazy food concoctions look like at that hour!
    Exercising is another great goal. Something I need to focus on, but for this first month, I wanted to focus on something I KNEW I could be successful at that had just slipped to the wayside. And for me, that's definitely calorie counting and making good choices.
    I hope we can all check in on these goals and keep each other updated as we go, day by day.
    And everyone feel free to make posts as you see fit of anything you want to discuss. It looks like this group is really growing and it makes me very excited to have a group of people that are dedicated to getting ourselves back to where we want to be :heart:
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Another successful day!! We all totally got this!
  • countrygal6464
    countrygal6464 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just found this site and would really like to join you all. I started trying to lose weight in March 2012, and Iost 60 lbs. I was doing so well and feeling so good and I hit a plateau and that destroyed all my hard work. Now here I am, I've gained back 25 of those lost pounds and I look and feel horrible. I don't want to "diet" I want to develop a healthy life style that I can continue my entire life. I don't want to become a Barbie doll, I just want to feel better.
    As far as goals go.....wow I can relate to all of the ones mentioned here, but to start off I'm going to have to say cut out the mindless eating all night long. I have issues with heart burn and gall bladder and the constant binging before bed is making my life a hell, that's my reason for being up at this ungodly hour at night.
    I'm looking forward to meeting new people, making friends and getting healthy :happy:
  • tilagarza
    tilagarza Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a little late on posting my goals.
    My long term goal is to be at my ideal weight by May 2014 (105 lbs)
    My goal for Sept is to work out 4-5 times a week and to drink more water! If I loose weight in the process great! I'm not putting a number for this month, just trying to get back into it.
    Another goal for Sept is to finish reading Bob Harpers The Skinny Rules.
  • GemmieH
    GemmieH Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Fab idea for inspiration.

My short term goal is to get back into logging my calories, I have well and truly given this up and started eating what I want.

I am going to be more strict and log everything so I can bring my eating back under control.

Good luck everyone
  • missbuncle
    missbuncle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to regularly log into MFP. I'm on the computer all day at work so during nights and wekends I don't go on at all. This means that a large portion of my meals are not logged, so then I get out of the MFP habit, then I'm not paying attention, etc etc etc. So I have gained back weight.

I am forcing myself to log in at night and will do so on the weekends too.